[A-RP] The Scarlet Raven hours

NEXT TAVERN MOMENT: 29/03 at 19:00

“Even in the darkest night, the Scarlet Raven burns bright”

With this message I invite all sorts of folk to visit the Scarlet Raven Tavern! The finest (and only) tavern in Darkshire and the surrounding area.

The tavern offers the following:

• Food and drinks
  • Alchemy services
  • Rumors and stories
  • Quests and bounties

The tavern is currently ran by the assistant tavernkeep and thornspeaker known as Thornshack. Thornshack has vowed to combat the undead and worgen of Duskwood and bring balance to the region in aftermath of the Scythe of Elune.

This is where YOU can play a part! You can help Thornshack bring order to the region by battling the undead, culling the wildlife, hunting a dangerous monster, tending to the cemeteries, restore ancient warding stones, gathering ingredients and information to find a cure for the Nightbane worgen, helping Blind Mary, etc.

All are welcome to the Scarlet Raven Tavern!

Q&A:

Q: Are you claiming ownership of the Scarlet Raven Tavern?

A: Nope! None can simple claim ownership of an in game location. I am simply trying to bring life to the area and support the roleplay of others.

Q: My guild has been using the Scarlet Raven Tavern for quite a while, are you going to ask us to leave or to interrupt our roleplay?

A: Not at all. If your guild is inclined of ‘owning’ or ‘running’ the tavern I have no problem to step aside. I would of course prefer to work together. I could for example simple base myself inside the tavern as a quest giver or alchemist.

Q: My guild/group and I would like to host or base some roleplay events around the area, are you open to help us?

A: Of course! I would happy to be a secondary character and support any roleplay. This could be by creating quests, pieces of lore, acting as a quest giver, etc. I’m open working together with any type of guild. Whether they are adventurers, coven members, worgen, crusaders, etc.

Feel free to add me! You may also add me directly in game, or send me an in game mail or message!

11 Likes

Added to the calendar!

1 Like

Now that is just uncalled for
I been a steady customer for years, i’ll be sure to leave a bad review and tell all my worgen and undead buddies to do the same.

2 Likes

Well, don’t be in your worgen form and he wont notice!

I am always in my worgen form
I haven’t seen my human face in years.

Even better, nobody will know it’s you!

You worgen are all the same! All flash and no fury!

Sounds awfully familiar to Scarlet Crusaders… :thinking:

Oh you whippersnappers and youthful bandits!, had I been but a few years younger and in my prime I would have bitten you and spread the curse anew I would.

Alright, alright. No need to fret. By combat the worgen I meant no offense! I’m trying to find a cure for their affliction. As a good Druid does, ey?
But the naught ones… I’ll turn them into compost.

Hey, i just wanna let you know that the Scarlet Raven Syndicate have been rp-ing as the owners of the scarlet raven tavern for over half a year, maybe contact them about this event?

:eyes:

I mean, yes, if somebody else is using it they should communicate.

But…they can’t own the tavern. Run it, manage it, lease it or part of it. All acceptable.

10 Likes

Look at me. :eyes:

I own the Scarlet Raven Tavern now.

3 Likes

It was only a matter of time before the Duskwood clique jumped on this (mind you, there are two different Duskwood community discords, so pick your poison).

I did some quick googling and it turns out the real owners of the tavern are actually Tavernkeep Smitts, Inkeeper Trelayne and the head bartender is Barkeep Hann.
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=273/tavernkeep-smitts
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=6790/innkeeper-trelayne
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=274/barkeep-hann

While I’m not super sold on this, because surely the better option is to say your character has recently been employed as tavern staff working under Smitts, its still better than some criminal syndicate claiming to straight-up own the tavern.

I’ve seen first-hand how the Scarlet Raven guild alienates other bartender RPers who aren’t playing along to their guild headcanon. Its not nice. I’ll be supporting Thornshack’s initiative.

inb4 kicked from the Duskwood Discord

3 Likes

He’s dead, lore wise, since Legion.

Oh yeah veiled hand killed him in assa rogue artifact quest

1 Like

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Tavernkeep_Smitts
I stand corrected.

Still can say its run by the other two though, no?

Those other two are also dead.

‘‘Everyone dies.’’ - Ana, Overwatch.

Oh wow, okay, I was really not paying attention in that artifact questline.

EDIT; Then again, I’ve only ever done it once and that was at the start of Legion on my main rogue.