[A] Stress-Free LFG - Old-World Dungeons

Hi,

I’ve set up a community for people who like to run old instances while they level, but are a little reticent to use the LFD tool. Whether you’re just starting the game, a new class or just like running dungeons, everyone’s welcome.

I started this as I’ve recently decided to learn to tank, and as much as break-neck speed running is a legitimate way to get through trivial content such as the levelling dungeons, it didn’t really help me.

I’d like it to be a place where people can get inside a dungeon without feeling embarrassed or judged, no matter what your skill. Where you’re free to take it at your own pace, get your quests done, and really get a feel for the instances and simply enjoy them for what they are.

Anyway, if this appeals to you, please don’t hesitate to click the link down below, and I’ll see you in game. :slight_smile:

Community: Stress-free LFG
Language: English
Leader: Alaina
Notes: A community for people who’d like to run old-world dungeons whilst levelling, but for whatever reason aren’t too keen on the idea of signing up with random people from the LFG tool.
Community Link:

3 Likes

Interesting idea :slight_smile:

How high do you consider ‘old world’? I have one alt currently locked at 90 to experience a bit of Pandaria, and several at 85 due to burning out in Cata.

1 Like

Anything before 100, really. Of course, that doesn’t exclude anyone from participating who’s above 100, but I feel there are any number of communities that cater to that crowd.

I made it mainly for people who are specifically nervous using the random group tool, especially if they’re concerned about not being the best DPS/Healer/Tank, etc. But it’s pretty hard to get off the ground at first because there simply isn’t enough people in the community to make it work.

I’m not going to abandon it, but I hope people will be patient and stick with it through the quiet times. :slight_smile:

Everything starts somewhere :slight_smile:

I’ll join with my alt and just… be present x)

Thank you.

I don’t want it to be a place where people get carried through the content, I want it to be a place where people get to actually experience the content themselves, as part of a team. I’m sick and tired of the silent runs, where every tiny mistake is blown out of all proportion, and people are kicked and replaced left, right, and centre.

I know myself how when you join an LFD group, you either follow that group, in silence, and try to do it in record time. Or you lag behind trying to get quests done and you end up kicked. There’s no doubt that is a very efficient way to play, but it’s not for everyone.

For some people (me!) it’d be nice to just take your time, chat with the group, and explore every nook and cranny in the dungeon. That’s what I’m aiming for here. By and large, the content in question is irrelevant; it’s more about how you play than where.

I really miss the camaraderie when we were all newbies learning things together and having a giggle while doing so. So what if you wipe, it’s a few silver and a run back, especially in the low dungeons. You lose nothing, but if you have fun and make friends you have so much to gain. That’s what I’m trying to recreate, and it may just be a pipe dream, but I had to try.

I want it to be so much more than just a simple dungeon group. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well for the occasions where you’re looking for current dungeons, consider joining us in…

1 Like

Way ahead of you. :wink:

1 Like

Alaina, you said exactly what I’ve been thinking lately! I miss those days too, and had just decided to open my guild up to find a bunch of like-minded folk. (Hellfire/Arathor, quick plug if anybody fancies it!).
Levelling with friends, crafting newcomers some better gear, emptying your bank of mats to make someone’s new toon bags, giggling over wipes… good times!
I thought levelling the guild and getting acheivs was fun too (I co-ran a guild for years and they kicked me when I had a break from game) and hadn’t paid any attention to communities til tonight. I avoided them cos i expected them to be more ‘Barrens chat’ than actual sensible chat lol.
Feel free to add my btag - mumm#2233 - and we can pipe dream together :grin: (that goes for anybody who’s missing the multiplayer side of WoW!)