Adds in M+ lfg

Well a couple of weeks have passed since they restricted the possibility to personalised M+ adds to players with authenticators.

Am I the only one who sees no difference in the number of adds in M+ LFG ? Except that the % of adds for real money boosts has slightly gone up with less adds for gold.

So in essence the only tangible consequence of blizzard’s measure is to have given an advantage to those who boost for real money rather than in game gold…

Time to revert the rather silly policy of restricting the right to post groups for non authenticator holders ?

Theyve looted your personal details so thats cool and used a spurious ineffectual reason to justify it so theres no reason to not remove the authenticator requirement now. Damage done, nothing positive achieved for players so lets just go back to the original way … good luck with that lol

I really don’t understand this fear of companies obtaining your personal details.

Like, here in Sweden, first name, last name, residential address(and whom you live with), birth date, marriage status(and who you are married to), owned cars, marriage status, telephone nr, income and so on are available to the public with just a basic search on internet.

1 Like

we don’t all live in sweden, some of us like privacy. In fact, id say that sweden is the only country in the world where that sort of thing happens. Never heard of any country that does that or even allows such a thing.

1 Like

i contacted NHS when i contracted covid… they took my details… since then i got so many cold calls from 3rd party advertisers where NHS had sold my details pretty much instantly…

moral of that story is … do not contact track and trace when you have covid if u value ur privacy.

1 Like

No offense but it sound more that you like the “illusion of privacy” which is a thing I see at work almost daily.

True privacy in the senso of informations being taken is impossible to achieve if you live and interact in the current society especially if you don’t have deep knowledge of everything you interact with.

1 Like

I’m sure you’re not the only one who perceives no difference, but I’ve noticed a significant reduction in the number of boost adds. It used to take me a good 2 or 3 minutes to report them when I opened the tool, now it doesn’t take more than 20 seconds.

And it’s been more than a couple of weeks, by the way. I’m pretty sure it’s been at least 4 or 5.

I’m sorry but this sounds very made up.

I’ve scrolled through the entire dungeon section and found exactly one advertisement. During prime time on horde.

To have a direct comparison:

A somewhat older post where people posted screenshots of their group finder.

To be frank: The only reason you see no difference is because you haven’t had a direct comparison, or even worse, subconsciously refuse to see the very obvious difference.

We all know vocal people didn’t like the change that was made, but it did most definitely reduce the amount of advertisements in the LFG section.

Did it entirely remove them? No.

Was it the perfect solution? Also no.

But did it help? Yes it did.

So please, don’t make up stories about not seeing any difference when the difference is so blatantly obvious.

1 Like

Prove it, you’ll get rich if you do because thats against the law. We know you won’t / cant though because its a tinfoil hat fever dream.

As to the “I value my privacy” people. Tell me another joke, you’re likely blogging your life on Zuckerbergs platforms and giving the rest away to google. Then you crap yourself about an innocuous authenticator.

1 Like

its not its common knowledge in uk that NHS sell your data… which is bad because it is medical data…

nothing gets done about it they have been doing it for decades.

Like I said, prove it and become a millionaire. Otherwise keep your tinfoil drivel to yourself.

Specially when the autenticator doesnt even use your number … like if people are that paranoid get an extra phone or a tablet that has none of ur info on it

Indeed they should not be selling on data in the way described. You should not get cold called. But for anyone who is worried there are ways to opt out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.