Adjustments to Dungeon Creature Behavior and Group XP

Thank Eff for that but make sure players who see this message work together and banish them! (mean banish the boosters ofc)

1 Like

So now the open world will be even more infested with bots? Top kek. This is honestly such a stupid ‘solution’, they just don’t want to spend the resources required to actually tackle botting.

I’m with you here, they should do something about open world bots too.

Open world bots are the least effective ones IMO.

When you report them you usually get the mail from Blizzard telling you the bot is now banned.

1 Like

Oh no… now I will need to afk longer while getting boosted…
Ah well… good thing the weather is nice outside :slight_smile:

1 Like

GDKPs guilds and players on EU massive PVE realms like Gehennas, Firemaw, etc…IN SHAMBLES.

Alright you try to crush the gold sellers gains from dungeon boosting. But what about the 100s of goldseller farmers they have out in the open world? Just look at Skettis treants, Terocones in terrokkar och fire elementals at the throne of Kil’jaeden @Hellfire.
Atleast on Firemaw the Majority of them are mideastern players like from Iran. They often have several accounts at the same time and they place and the ways they play are very easy to detect. These players are farming higher value items constantly and some even 24/7. At skettis Treeants they are working together across factions even and if you are there trying to farm they send PVP guards from the other faction to corpsegank you. If you try to kill them you suddenly have a group of 10 mages corpseganking you out of nowhere. I’ve heard they act like the “Devilsaur Maffia” but I personally don’t know the reference.

All the items and gold they get they send or trade to some common character which then sells it through websites just like you said above. YES boosting is a huge problem, but these open world farmers are same as bots and should be detected and banned. It should not be hard to track them and anyone with half a brain can see the patterns in the way they act.

1 Like

I think he meant spellcleave groups (pala-tank and mages/warlocks) or just solo-mage dungeon farms such as zf or slave pens (the legit kiting way without abusing the wall).

youre literally exploiting bad AI and pathing lmao.

How about finally nerfing Paladin AoE and gold farming instead of punishing mages more? What is this bias lmao? Mage’s have had it hard in TBC as far as farming goes compared to paladins who flood the market with gold with 0 effort. If mage aoe farming, especially in dungeons, is an issue then why is pally farming not?

also you forgot about GDKPs.

Ahh indeed. My bad then. :slight_smile:

This does absolutely nothing to prevent / address the elephant in the room. Reserved Loot and GDKP.

You all know where credit card warriors got their 200k gold for that Sunwell run, you know it’s bought from the same guys who are selling the items, you know they’re going to turn around and sell it again to the next loser. You also know the only way to prevent that - personal loot.

But of course you’re not doing anything about it, because that would require a minimal degree of competence and actually giving a damn about the players.

…and yes, OF COURSE, you’re going to do something about the boosting spam in every channel. OF COURSE you are. We all know that. You’re totally not going to introduce another “report spam” button that does absolutely nothing. OF COURSE NOT. Because you care, right?

OF COURSE you’re going to prevent the dungeon boosts. Just like you’ve done until now. OF COURSE you are. Right after you prevent botting - which totally wasn’t a thing in “vanilla” and “bc”, because you totally prevented it. Hundreds of bots definitely weren’t teleporting under the ground to camp Black Lotus spawns in “vanilla” or flying in EPL. Thousands of bots definitely didn’t camp Terrokar for terocone, every location for Mana Thistle and Skettis for trees. And of course there aren’t 300 rogues tele-botting Hellfire Ramparts right this moment and definitely no tele-herbing naked mages in Botanica. Of course not. Because you’ve got people looking into that. Yeah, it’s been 3 years, but aaaaany moment now.

“The feedback we’ve received”. Ahahahahaah. Nobody cared about feedback since 2004-2005, when this was a Blizzard game, when GMs and CMs existed etc. I’d be shocked if there was a person behind “Kaivax” and not some random chatbot with the chat function turned off. “The feedback we’ve received”. Riiiight. Because you make it so easy for players to provide feedback AND you’ve got someone reading it, right? Riiiight.

“Community Manager”…did you ever have a conversation with a player, Mr Community Manager? Like once? I very much doubt it.

90% of the players tell you they want RDF, not your cancerous tools. “Based on the feedback we’ve received”.

Literally everyone who isn’t a gold seller tells you they’re sick and tired of the GDKP spam and boosts and whatever. “Based on the feedback we’ve received”.

Man, aren’t you ashamed of your existence? You’ve got the credibility of a North Korean TV anchor. Based on the feedback they’ve received, Kim whatever is the best president ever in the best democracy ever. Seriously, if my job was to constantly try to lie to people to their faces, I can’t imagine what sort of pills I’d have to be on to be able to look in the mirror.

“Based on the feedback we’ve received”…outta here, you can’t possibly imagine that anyone believed a single word you said.

Last, but not least, the only reason people will play on fresh servers is to escape the “gdkp/gold” runs. It won’t last beyond the 3 months (gg right there, didn’t want to lose money by not allowing transfers ever, eh? microtransactions ftw, though at 20/transfer, it’s hardly micro), but eh.

But yeah, you do you, just pretend that everything’s alright and that you’re doing the right thing. Better than working in construction, I guess, although you’d probably make more money there and definitely be less embarrassing to the species. Whatever, we all gotta make a living, I guess, no matter how disgusting our jobs may be.

2 Likes

Let me make this perfectly clear:

GDKP is NOT a problem, and there’s very little you can do about it

You don’t get to decide how people distribute loot in their runs. At all. Your opinions on the matter are worth less than dog poo is to a cake.

Let me make this even clearer: there’s nothing I can do about it, but Activision solved that problem in retail by introducing forced PERSONAL LOOT.

The fact that you don’t even know that means that YOUR opinion is as worthless as your miserable life.

And caused MORE problems. Forced personal loot was a garbage system, utter trash.

You want to destroy the game for so many people just because you don’t want people to set up GDKP runs. Like seriously? What people do in their pugs isn’t your problem.

Cool. Replace the word “heal” in your name with “less”.

Personal loot was typical blizz solution … they tried to fix one problem, that they didnt fix anyway and caused tons of other problems …

Throughout whole legion and half of BFA I just kept throwing out raid gear that I didnt need or want and couldnt trade …

1 Like

It’s exactly the same without it when what you want doesn’t drop - items get vendored or DE’d.

Personal Loot solved the problem of every third-world goat-lover selling gold and items because gold selling pays more than a “job” in the backwater hole they’ve spawned in.

The only people this proved problematic for were gold-sellers and LC guilds that were abusing their power. Because at the end of the day you could’ve traded the item to someone else who needed it - and if nobody needed any of the loot that dropped, then you went the wrong raid, with the wrong group. If you couldn’t trade it, then that means that it was higher ilvl than what you had - and if it was higher ilvl and worse than what you had, that was just poor design in terms of itemisation and it has nothing to do with the loot system.

Nah, Personal Loot solved the issue.

Gold sellers still made a living by selling other stuff (mythic+, titles, RBG boosts, whatever), but at least PVE players could finally go to dungeons/raids without having to swipe their cards.

Anyone on Firemaw/Gehennas can see this. You can’t find a normal group/raid for anything because everything’s for sale to support all the peasants in the mountains. Yeah, I don’t want to do that, I’d rather see them starve.

2 Likes

I am not talking about gdkps and other stuff, they should bane then on spot …

What I am talking about is, 90% of time there is someone who can use that gear in your group, who needs it or can at least use it for offspec, or at least disenchant it … with personal loot, you basically ninja item thats useless to you …

PS: you can still trade loot, but there are nonsense restrictions randomly preventing you from trading gear for no reason …

But they don’t ban it - and the only way to “ban it” is to enforce personal loot. There is no other way.

They don’t even bother with gold anymore, they’ve started selling things for euros already.

You could trade personal loot. The only way for you to be unable to trade an item you “looted” was if you had ilvl 300 gear and you were trying to trade an item that was level 310, for example.

That was put in place to prevent the guilds from bullying members into giving up their loot. And if you had an ilvl 300 item, then looted another item (ilvl 310) which was worse, then that was an itemisation problem, poor design there (an item of ilvl 310 should’ve been better than an item of ilvl 300), NOT a problem with the loot system.

It wasn’t “for no reason”, it was for a very good reason. You’d know that if you saw it in the beginning, when that restriction was not there, when guilds were bullying a member into giving away the one good item he looted so that an “officer” could have it.

Almost forgot.

There is something I can do about it - and I have done it. I canceled my subscription and decided to do something else.

Here: https://streamable.com/to03ey

That’s what I can do. It’s called “voting with your wallet”. If Blizzard-Activision-Microsoft would rather get money from gold-sellers than from me, that’s fine, that’s their choice. As you can see, I too can make choices.

On the off-chance that anyone at the company is reading this, yep, that’s what you’re forcing us to do. When you want our money, you know what you have to do. Or just keep pretending that things are alright, not my problem. Consider this “feedback you’ve received from the community” - my feedback is “it looks like other people want my money more than you do, so …until you give me what I want…you know…”

3 Likes