Advertisement Bots on trade chat

For advertising site selling boost for real money shoud be perm ban.

1 Like

Nearly 2019 and still people make this mentally challenged ‘joke’

I thought it was only @ Ragnaros/Horde but i can see it @ Sylvanas/Alliance too.
You report that its happening elsewhere.

Guess who is getting Silence on his/her account if you call them ‘Braindead’ on that clownfiesta chat tho.

1 Like

ill bet my 2.5m gold on you

1 Like

Can’t really tell them appart, so how many they are I have no way to tell(they are all “0 player total” if you /who them).

If you have a way to tell them appart, please tell me.

I’m not really sure what you mean exactly. At least on my server, we have guilds that sell raid boost for gold and players that boost island exp for gold. Afaik those are legit players and not bots selling gold for IRL money, so in this case, they are doing nothing wrong and shouldn’t be reported.

However if you encounter ‘players’ that link external sites for services in exchange for real money, those should always be reported and i hope they get a perma ban.

Glad to finally see someone else who has seen that Blizzard has confimed that boost sales are perfectly fine. They have completely overrun the channels however, and can bypass the spam filter by having multiple players posting. I am unable to tell them appart from boosts because the ones that were usually in our chat channels(Emerald Dream-Terenas), were always “0 players total” if you /who them, so I have no idea what the bot % is at.

I have said it before though, boost runs should really have their own channel insteading overrunning the public channels. Even trade. There should have been one /trade for boosting and one /trade like we have now. I am aware the public channels had a lot of nonsense posted(like anal spam etc.), and general talk that had nothing to do with trading, but in my case that was much less stressfull that the bosst advertising. I might be overly sensitive, but advertisement posts in the chat channels are usually written in a very spesific way, and come in intervals that really stresses me out. To me it’s just like the old gold seller spam the game suffered greatly from the first few years. I wrote a comment about this a few days ago too;

1 Like

I agree, they are very similar to the old gold sellers.
And the same add spamming the chat every 30 sec is annoying.

But if you can’t /who them, just run to the gates of Stormwind or Orgrimmar, they always are placed so they are exactly within the reach of trade chat

curseforge(.)com/projects/bad-boy

Problem solved

Addons are not solution! They can help but Blizzard shoud make solution.

1 Like

Never going to happen. Blizzard is too stupid for that. We have requested badboy to be implemented into the games UI frequently over the years. Hiring that guy or guys is apparently too hard despite them being better at their hobby than blizzard is at their job

1 Like

yeah I had to quit boosting because of this useless system.

Im not going to spam trade chat every 10 seconds. its boring and annoying and very unenjoyable.
it could’ve been fine if there was channel for it, or if it was allowed in LFG but nahh, some people had to complain about having to scroll their mouse 1 extra time so now its forbidden too.

just allow it in LFG/Make a new section for it - prevent it in trade chat and BOOM its solved.
or just remove trade chat while at it, we have AH already

The old Doomhammer and Turalyon bonding over that again :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be better give your stance on such things than to suggest something we all already know to do but does nothing.

That might be a problem with the customer support under staffed and so reporting the offender may take weeks or months to sort if no staff around.

Aylish is right. Turn off trade chat. It’s what I do until I want to alert everyone to something I’m selling then it stays on for 5min then straight back off.

What in the name of God is this mentally challenged logic?
So if you have headache you cut your head from the throat?

No .You gotta target the problem str8.

I want to use trade chat and not having bots spamming daily the channel ruining economy by selling gold or fcking up progression by selling boosts for irl money

4 Likes

Reporting them is pointless.

I reported these advert bots for entire legion.

It never stopped. It was generally speaking the same message every few minutes. The entire expansion basically. Only minor changes over time.

Havent bothered to do so in bfa. In legion I did it mostly to clear chat from their spam. Now I dont care.

3 Likes

Most of the bots are from the same accounts IMO.
I tried a new addon (global ignore list) that ignores ACCOUNTS and after i ignored about 30 individual toons, because it ignored all their account toons i’m suddenly getting next to zero boost spam in tradechat. Silly that u need an addon but it makes having tradechat on a LOT less annoying. It’s defo worth a try to see if it helps you too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Blizzard rep, I and millions of others have reported these spam bots, including those who use the addon badboy.
Unless you ban the people owning the account forever from WoW for cheating, selling stuff for IRL money, spamming etc, nothing will happen.

If they sell 1-2 boosts, they can open 2-3 more accounts, that’s weeks or months of daily, spamming 24/7.

Do. Something. Radical.

2 Likes

Surely if you’re going to post here you should reassure us that you care and do take action?

These things do get reported and I don’t see anything happening. Half of late night group finder is WTS ad’s and reporting them doesn’t even remove them for me. C’mon, show me that you really care?

7 Likes