Agtherian's Arcane Addendum - Beginner Arcane and Mage RP Guide!

To be infused with fire? Absolutely a possibility. You can see this happen to the Druids in the Firelands raid. That said, I can’t say whether or not you can be infused with “Arcane Fire” unless there is an fiery equivelant to Ra out there. I don’t recall any particular evidence to say one way or the other.

As for being infused with the Light/Nature/Shadow etc, there are lots of examples of that happening but they don’t really cover specific elements, just greater evolutions.

4 Likes

With time and effort a Mage can construct water golems out of air and water vapor. Usually these are just mindless, enchanted by a mage to do as they wish but there is evidence that a mage can make a pact with elementals and serve each other in a mutual partnership, the mage offering knowledge in place of brawn.

This lead to the creation of this character, and overall this is one of THE FINEST guides I have seen on Argent Dawn’s forums! Not only is it straight up to the point and lorefriendly, but as well inspiring! Through this post and the creation of different characters, I just might’ve realized that Mages are my favorite class in WoW.

3 Likes

Hello everyone.

I’ve just come back from a very long break from wow and RP in general, and I was wondering if I could get some help from all of you Lore lovers, just so I am on sort of the right track, or if my concept is even possible.

I’ve googled, just inbefore someone tells me to google. And yes, there’s guides on how to do this, but it’s for dnd, and I don’t feel like it directly translates to Wow RP.

I would like to roleplay an arcane trickster. Or a stealthy mage, really. My character is a High elf rogue, which I would love to get some arcane in on. Some stealthy magic attacks, a somewhat reasonable explanation for stealth, and some other useable arcane abilities to use in-character. I am very open to ideas and suggestions, but mostly I am looking to get lore-checked and tought how to do this.

I am asking, because I usually play very “Easy” classes, last I played a blademaster as an orc, very long ago, which is way more doable than this concept. I hope to get some constructive feedback and friendly help. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

I see 0 reason why you couldn’t do such a concept, illusions are a thing after all and perfect for trickery!

1 Like

Hello! Also returning after a long hiatus. To answer your question, there are many instances of characters using Arcane magic specifically to hide their presence (Mages have access to Invisibility/Greater Invisibility), illusions to hide their form as something else or appear as someone else. There is a school of Arcane that is directly under Illusion so I think that if you apply that to your “Rogue” abilities, you can come up with some clever ideas.

1 Like

Stumbled upon a quest lately which clarifies the necromancy “retcon” which isn’t a retcon.

When going with Calia to Maldraxxus, to get help to clean Undercity, she asked Sin’dane about the nature of the Forsaken. Sin’dane explains it doesn’t matter which magic is used for practicing necromancy it could be light or any other magic but in Maldraxxus they simply specialized eg. using dead magic to do necromancy.

Whether one can do necromancy with arcane or not is one thing, but whether it is allowed is another. For example, the Kirin Tor doesn’t allow necromancy beyond a very surface level in which only theory is allowed (and even then you’re on thin ice).

(Source: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Road_to_Damnation)