[A/H-RP] The rise of Allied Race DK's [20th of Jan - 20:00]

The story is

Spoilers

Bolvar expects Sylvanas to attack him (or simply expects trouble with Death/Shadowlands), and begins to raise a new wave of Death Knights to prepare - including from the fallen of the Alliance-Horde war we just had, hence also from Allied Races.

It’s sound enough logic for me. I am unsure of why people seem to think it is absurd (even if the above effort is inevitably cast aside by the power of Plot™.)

2 Likes

It does, but I was referring to quests and details (details details… cursed details! They’re so important).
I haven’t look at the PTR yet so… anyways thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there’s basically no details. I won’t spoil what little there is, but expect something the length of the Allied Race intros they get at character creation, not anything like the original DK starter zone.

And yes, it is a sad missed opportunity.

I do wonder if they’ll factor in the Factions reactions to this.

Surely neither Horde nor Alliance would take lightly to this?

The Ebon Blade has been raising Alliance and Horde for a long time now, at least since Legion.

While the factions may be unhappy about it, the Ebon Blade has possibly the best HQ on Azeroth; a mighty flowing fortress that can be made invisible! That would make it very difficult for any A/H forces seeking revenge to actually bring the Ebon Blade to battle.

Well, yea obviously; but this are Death Knights still going out on missions; and now with a tenious armistice between the Horde and Alliance one would assume that them doing whatever they want like raising fallen corpses from the factions would be alot harder now :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, a man of culture. This is why Ari is so weak willed against new death knights.

Errr… man?
It was just an observation of Death Knight system, even if I should correct myself; I think ‘servant’ is more fitting than slave.

This is a pretty cool initiative, props to OP and those involved.

3 Likes

I am not sure if they would even go that far. From what I have seen in the DK class hall and good old OG Acherus, DKs are like the upper class by default, with things like vendor duties or standing around as flight master being handed to ghouls and skeletons (contrast with the DK nearby having the much more important role of distributing permanent flight mounts).

Sure, being an initiate will be a tough time, but that doesn’t mean you’re seen as a servant/slave.

I agree that Death Knights are an upper class compered to any minion present in Acherus.

Maybe the term ‘slave’ it’s not correct, my bad if that case and servant could be ‘right’ could be ‘wrong’ depends on how to interpret servant (if they serve a system or serve an individual).
But sure, maybe it was too much.

If theres enough interest in this I’ll definetly be participating with my Allied Race DK since I’ve already been making some plans on the story and theme of the character which could perfectly fit in with this idea

2 Likes

Remember to join the Acherus Community Discord. In due time more information will be posted there, but i’m glad it seems that the interest check is going to pass.

I shall, and have an idea for an allied race already.

what a quite simply 3p1c idea

It seems we have a release date for 8.3 now. Be sure to join the Discord for further information.

2 Likes

A strawpoll has been posted on the DK RP Discord!
Make sure to vote up if you wish to attend!

2 Likes

Alright. Polls over. With about 50 votes, we can conclude that the 20th of Jan (Monday) will be the day of the event. I hope to see a lot of existing DK’s willing to host, and a lot of new DK’s willing to attend. Welcome to your afterlife.

1 Like

I’ll be there.

I suggest updating the first post.

Ah, true. in 10 characters