All TBC servers will progress to WOTLK

We’re not going to have the option to clone our characters and keep them in TBC - all servers will progress to WOTLK. There was an article on IGN about it - Patrick Dawson is the production director who confirmed it in the interview.

Since the start of classic, I always intended to ‘retire’ in WOTLK and live out the rest of my days PvPing, leveling alts, etc., even after the server is fully progressed. We need at least one or two TBC-era servers that people can choose to stay behind on. Can we get an answer by the devs on this. This is waaaaaay more important than all the other changes combined. If i cant stay in WOTLK, there’s no point for me to continue playing. I have zero interest in a SOM style server - I dont want to lose the progress I have made with my characters.

Thanks

8 Likes

Many threads already exist on this. Go to twitter and tweet the devs!

2 Likes

Well, talks about cataclysm isn’t confirmed.
But the reason why infinite TBC era servers isn’t happening is likely due to what happened to forever classic era servers.
They died… and terribly.
Not sure how many remain on them, but it’s a very low number.

Around 700 in all is my best guess. I play on era servers almost every day.

Doubt you’ll get an answer anytime soon. Cataclysm is under a big question mark and will likely be so for at least 1 more year.

+1 for TBC era realm.

Just go TBC private server if u still want to play it, rest of us want WOTLK.

Want the same, let us allow ourselves to stay in TBCC.

1 Like

You can STILL play Wrath Classic even if we’re given TBCC Era servers. Why not try to make everyone happy?

If devs played the game at all, they’d know that, between Vanilla, TBC and WotLK, Vanilla is by far in the worst state on the final phase. TBC and especially WotLK have way, way more sustainable “endgames”.

My intentions is to go into WotLK but I would like the option to go back and enjoy TBC and the old content, which is the entire point of classic servers to begin with.

On retail people like you kept saying “you can leave, the rest of us want X” until there were no “rest of us” left to play the game anymore, so I’m sure we should listen to your words of infinite wisdom.

4 Likes

You should really learn to not speak for everyone, cause you’re wrong. He’s surely not the only one who prefers TBC over Wrath.

2 Likes

That false dichotomy of what the so-called “rest of us” want doesn’t matter because it is a fallacy. Because you express yourself as if wanting WOTLK means not wanting TBC and vice-versa, or not having TBC is an essential requirement to have WOTLK.

You know, most of the rest of us who want TBC also want WOTLK, and more importantly, the “rest of us” (population: you) will have WOTLK, that won’t change. There has never been about choosing between TBC or WOTLK.

1 Like

I want Wrath too, but that is no reason to not have TBC Era servers. Surely they could support at least one PvP and one PvE server? Chances are there would be more people on the Era servers if there were no SoM which TBC also won’t be having any time soon.

1 Like

… and if clones were free. That was the one big error wiht the Classic Era servers.

1 Like

This is definitely me.

I´m working on that “perfect” char for WotLK forever since BWL patch. I want to go for more or less all achievements in Wrath, however long it might take.

No interest in Cata at all, no interest in SoM either.

And now my motivation is pretty much gone.

1 Like

I agree, the motivation to play is zero (!). This is a classic, a museum first of all, and not just a restart of the game in the second round. Unknown where better write to developers - on forum, reddit or twitter. THEY NOT SEE OUR TOPICS AND NOT SEE OUR MESSAGES… Example, why is this forum needed? If our topics and messages not see and not answers… Where all developers and producers? Unknown… Moderators? Too not see this topics.

2 Likes

Yeah, considering how little people actually payed for this service to stay in Classic Era servers and have access to TBC, I don’t think they earned more than $1500 on it.

1 Like

Yes exactly this. I did not want to pay for clones, I advanced my main to BCC and promoted one of my alts to Era main.Then I deleted the clones tomake room for new, rolled a slew of new alts in BCC, and one in Era. After what I see many did the same (or the other way around - keep one in Era, rest to BCC).
And many plain did not bother playing Era (and a few not BCC) which would probably not have been the case, had the clones been free of charge.

ANd now they are totally closing down the cloning The WoW: Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service is Retiring Soon - #4 by Merath-everlook

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.