Alliance massively outnumbers Horde AND gets bonus for that?

Hey, I play on an RP realm shard (Steemwheedle/Darkmoon/Sha’tar etc) - a shard which literally consists of 75% Alliance. Due to this, since BfA was released, War Mode is unplayable as Horde at level 110+ because every single world quest, questing hub or meeting stone is being swarmed by Alliance who is extremely agressive (Horde can never fight back because there just is not enough people in the zone).
When the bonus for Alliance of 30% was introduced, the Horde literally gave up on WM. At all. It became even worse. I just pretty much forgot about it until today when I was in nazjatar with my Draenei. To put it in perspective, here is my experience of today:
With my Ally, I did all WQs in Nazjatar and looted a war supply (along with about 25 allies) without meeting A SINGLE horde character.
With my BE when entering Nazjatar with War Mode, I entered town swarmed by about 15 alliance killing horde for fun (note battle for Nazjatar nor Call to Arms Nazjatar is active).

Why does Alliance get War Mode bonus on all shards again?
The statistic that Horde is played more is total bul**** because it does not apply to all shards - but the bonus does. It is unfair, depressing and makes me mad that Alliance is having 3 more OP talents at all times and gets 25% bonus in everything while Horde is stuck in War Mode off.

1 Like

Although there may be higher Alliance rp population, because of cross normal/rp shard groups there can be only one outnumbered bonus in the region. Otherwise, a large % players would of course shard hop to wherever higher bonus was.

You could maybe fix that by not changing bonus amount when a player shard hops, but it could be annoying/confusing for players that are not deliberately shard hopping for bonus.

^ this would still be miles better solution than the current system however.

Giving the bonus to 1 faction at all times is much worse alternative. Alliance was at advantage since the expansion started and with the implemantation of this the gap is getting wider and wider.

I would be up to join a group like “Nazjatar WM on bonus up” just to do my WQs and get bonus while at this time, Warmode On is unplayable under any circumstances - because why would I want to realmhop for earning at least 10% bonus while the other faction gets full bonus of 25% (at the moment) for doing no such thing?

1 Like

Ye, not sure why blizz wouldn’t treat rp bonus seperately, if set depending on realm type player originated on. Maybe they just don’t like the potential for confusion. Or maybe they don’t like the idea of players joining rp realms purely for bonus. That would be something I could see rpers complaining about. There’s always consequences.

I totally get your pain, I’m on the same shard.

The only way for me to actually get any WQs done, or rare mobs killed (especially in Mechagon) - I join groups from other shards / realms…
The only times I use that Alliance over-population as advantage is when there is a quest to kill 25 alliance players in Nazjatar / Mechagon active. Then I usually start a group on our shard - means we get the Q done in no time :slight_smile: But that is the only exception. Other than that I just try to find a shard with a better balance, were we have a fighting chance.
Which is a total lottery most of the times.

Consider joining a wm community, so that you can group with known players rather than randoms. The more you have in a party, the less likely you are to be messed with while wqing. Solo is doable, but a disadvantage.

Horde and Alliance WPvP guilds and communities

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.