Alliance need at least 50% bonus

Before the patch it was like :

Hey alliance, what about doin some 1vs5 for a 10% bonus?

Now its the same. Hey alliance, what about doin some 1vs5 for a 30% bonus?

Nothing change, an alliance player will take hours if he want to complete WQ in WM mode, meanwhile an horde player will do it very fast, killing all alliance player they meet as a bonus.

That why, we need AT LEAST 50% bonus, because WM OFF still more worth it than losing hours for 30%…

4 Likes

Do you use War Mode because you like to PvP or because you want more rewards?

PvE players that suck at PvP will never ever change. If you increase the bonus it will only lead to one thing, and that is them bringing half their guild with them when doing WQ.
They can’t PvP and they don’t want to lose / die or fall behind on Azerite hunt = large parties or raids to protect them.

9 Likes

War Mode has absolutely nothing to do with PvP. Let’s be realistic now, WM bonus is just there to encourage people to try the new game feature. If is directly linked to PvE since 99% of the time, whatever PvP between factions happens, it happens to quest areas. So yes, people turn on WM for the rewards. If there was no reward whatsoever, most people would turn it off the first time they die in a WQ… and just… forget to turn it on ever again.

1 Like

OK, let’s be realistic:

To have PvP in the Open World you need to create points of potential conflicts, because it’s Open World, not a BG.

So WQs are those points - they create places where you can meet players of enemy faction to engage in PvP.

If we continue to be realistic:

Players do everything for rewards - quests, dungeons, raids, arenas, bgs - if there was no rewards most of the people would do them once for story and to see how it looks and siwtched to other thing that give rewards and ability to progress with you character in any way.

War Mode is unscripted sandbox PvP environment - no rules, no limitations, anything can happen and YOU (nobody else) create you own adventure, while players of other faction is a content for you just like you’re for them.

To OP:

Group up!
War Mode is bad for just WQuesting, it’s good for PvP + WQuesting.

4 Likes

I don’t really have any significant trouble doing WQs on Kul Tiras or Zandalar.

But once you go to other parts of the world, especially the holiday events like Grumpus or the Yeti in Hillsbred you gonna see the true difference in WM participation.

The problem is that a lot of Alliance players just opt-into WM for doing the weekly quest. We have a bunch of 1-hour tourists but not so many fulltime soldiers.

1 Like

group up with who? who have the time to do their raid/pvp thing and waste 4-5 hour a day for doin WQ ?
When i ask friends for group up, they just say “i m not WM, faster, easy”.
And they usualy finish they WQ 2h before me, and can chill or mm+

Find some in the communities here :slight_smile:
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/list-of-forum-communities-v2-post-yours-here/3796

But there must be some pvp minded people around?
These past 2 evenings I was on Outland and Defias Brotherhood - both alliance, and the trade had adds for communities and pvp guilds :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All those players who enable War Mode for PvP first and doing WQs passively while PvPing in open world. And there is a LOT of players like that, on Alliance side.

But it will only work if you’re also interested more in WPvP than doing WQs.
Hit me up - I’ll be happy to join.

Then you can ask in local - if there is someone willing to clear Horde camping certain WQ.

Join LFG group at WQ, or get more players for your group through LFG.

Join community, ADF is a good choice, some regular PvP communities have players who like and want to do WPvP. Ask there too - more opportunities.

You see - players who are in WM for PvP don’t see it as a “waste 4-5 hours”, they see it as “Horde brought content, now we can consume it”.

That’s because they see War Mode as a bonus % PvE and don’t like or don’t want WPvP. It’s ok - in this case WM off is the right thing to do.

The thing is - if you go in War Mode only for PvE, and enjoy M+ more - then your friends are correct - WM is a waste of time for you.

But if you’re there for WPvP and don’t mind skipping M+ because you enjoy it - that can be fun!

2 Likes

Install world quest addon that searches automatically for groups when you are at wq point. 95% there’s at least one group up and if there’s not, then make your own group by using same addon and it will be filled in no time

1 Like

Funny thing I found now is camping, walked into an Alliance raid group while doing a WQ… they just stood there CCing the quest mob and taging it. then just killed any horde that came there. Happens a lot around Tortollen WQs where Alliance hunters lay traps under the spawn point for when u phase back into the world.
Seems abit cheap over all. If its a one on one yes I enjoy it but I’m not one to out number an other faction 10 to 1. I enjoy fair pvp not just ganking people just because they just come off a FP

WM is only for alliance playing on pvp servers. Something like “Safe Alliance program”, without this they could quit so fast or change to horde.

Why not 100%? Or better yet 1000%
Or decrease the dominant faction buff to a negative percentile

How high does it need to get before people realise this bonus system creates more problems then it solves

I play on both factions and get ganked a similar amount.

Only difference is, on my Alliance toon, the pain is worth it :P.

1 Like

Its not about the rewards, its about the pvp. Typical greedy pve-player logic

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.