Allow bm or survival to use dual wield

Ehm… He has the tittle beastmaster but he is actually a Survival hunter :slight_smile:
If you played Legion you could remember his quest how to survive in nature etc

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rexxar

On right side fine write: Survival hunter

If you played anything before legion you would know he was always THE beast master. Only reason hebis classified as sv is because sv was made melee in legion.

Hell, various bm abilities are based off of him

It is like Anduin is priest and now you can see him with plate armor ( like paladin lol ) and sword things r changing like ppl and character in games to xDD

Range dps? Hunters are known as a dps class that can engage in either melee and ranged combat.

No, i’m not.

This clearly shows how blizzard screwed up a class in legion. I started before legion and Rexxar is the reason for me to start world of warcraft. Rexxar is a true beastmaster in warcraft 3 by the way. They connected Rexxar into survival spec somehow but i still find it ridiculous.

Lorewise that’s exactly what the first paladins were

1 Like

Why cant we have DW in Survival!? Like Frost DKs…

If you want SV changes give this a read!

What is a hunter without a bow… Coca Cola Zero :joy:
I love how in WotLK hunters had bow and mele weapon that I would love to see once again. But to be full mele big No!

You have one mele and that is sur we dont need 2 mele hunters and one boring mm . But one idea what cross to my mind is what would be cool for hunters range to have option to use dual crossbows tha would be epic :smiley:

I love SV and never really liked BM much, but in all honesty if they made BM the melee spec (like Rexxar and Nathanos are basicly melee BM hunters), and reverted SV to being ranged again, I wouldn’t be mad, not one bit. In fact I would probably finally enjoy BM if that happend and swap between BM and RSV depending on the mood.

Plus, they could even take it up a notch and make the melee BM the tank spec for Hunter that some people have been asking. Yeah, I know most people won’t agree with this, but just imagine. MM the classic ranged Hunter spec, probably would be the PvE/Instance DPS spec, ranged SV back as the PvP dps spec with more CC than MM and the dots like before, and then the new melee BM as the tank, we would have quite the versatile class imo. Granted, not as versatile as the classes that can heal/tank/dps, but still, with 2 distinct DPS playstyles plus 1 tank, it would please a wide variety of players, not to mention we could just swap spec and play in a completetly different way with just the same character.

People get it wrong. I don’t say hunters must have 2 melee spec, i say one of them must be melee and that is beast mastery.

I always imagine as:

Marksmanship: Masters of ranged combat, uses bows, crossbows and guns, have sniper based skills, can’t summon pets.

Survival: Masters of surviving, uses bows, crossbows and guns, have traps, poisons, explosives, senses to survive, can summon normal pets.

Beast mastery: Master of beasts, uses one handed axes, swords and maces, can tame and summon all kind of pets but no tanking. Pet does tanking as always be.

Those are my thoughts and i know it will no happen anytime. Making survival, and with nonsense polearm idea, as fully melee spec was one of the weirdest things of wow in my opinion. At this point, they may allow survival hunters to use dual wield finally, a hunter with dual axes is more reasonable than using polearm.

Well it used to be mostly ranged untill sv became melee only … but yeah can’t say you are wrong

Tank BM, or tank Hunter for that matter, could easily be a unique kind of tank where both the player and the pet take turns tanking and swapping aggro between eachother, healing one while the other is tanking and then changing it up once needed.

Yes and no. Polearms/spears do fit the theme very well too. Just think about the ancestral hunters who hunted with spears and actually fought the animals they were hunting, some tribes still do that to this day, it’s not that wrong to have a hunter with such a kind of weapon.

There must be variety. Why only polearm/spear? If they announced Rexxar as survival in legion campaign, then survival hunters must have an option to equip dual wield. There is an inconsistency.

1 Like

I didn’t say anything against variety. I don’t mind dual wielding at all, in fact I would use it if we had the option. I was only adressing that “polearms make less sense” argument. There’s a reason I quoted only that piece. Stick to the argument buddy.

1 Like

How about no… But dualwield with axes as surv, with a rotation between a fury warrior and a demonhunter - deterrence and counterattack… Yes, this!

1 Like

I don’t see the need to change BM now they have decided on SV been melee (which I love) but I would love the option to DW as SV.

We used to be able to dw way back in Vanilla through to MoP or WoD, I can’t remember which, so I don’t see why they can’t make it an option again.

They gave frost dk the option back so I hope they do the same for SV

1 Like

No! Hunters used to be all ranged and I was disappointed to see even one spec, Survival, being turned into melee (respect to those who enjoy Survival, I personaly just don’t agree with any Hunter spec being melee).

Also you started wow because of Rexxar? How did you even know about Rexxar when you had never played wow?

Have you ever heard a game called as warcraft? What is warcraft and what does “world of warcraft” mean? How do you actually play this game?

Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. Rexxar was a major character back there.

Yep they advertise in the starting screen with a bow too and introduce you to everything ranged then shove a spear on your hand.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.