Any RPPVP Events?

Which is well citated and attested as helping to run those recent campaigns.

Usually because Alliance players begin causing trouble at the expense of Horde players until those campaigns collapse.

As someone who’s attended a lot of these campaigns on both sides, I’ve seen many times over that the Alliance starts showing a lack of courtesy simply because of the Horde’s often aggressive bait for them to do so.

Personally, it grew very tiresome to constantly be met with ‘Alliance this, Allliance that.’ You’re not owed anything for hosting a campaign, if u instantly turn around and attempt to snipe other players in campaign discords.

3 Likes

I’ve seen the Horde do the exact same in various campaigns, even partaking in the activities myself.

Then you can surely see it’s not as black and white as “alliance bad horde gold”

2 Likes

Never stated.

For me it was people either not respecting campaign signups (ie. turning up regardless, even if it would unbalance the numbers) or very very heavily misreporting their activity in those signups (ie. the 15 - 20 guild rolling in with 3 online at best)

Also the advent of campaign discords was a serious drain of fun because it went from super active threads full of stories / fun discussion to “poggers pepega … [ faction] favouritism …” followed by threats of leaving early OOC if there weren’t enough IC victories happening. This got so bad that it would happen in campaigns where I specifically had each side win the same amount of engagements + had it end in a draw

Pullo is essentially right in what he’s saying but only because the experience of the Horde was in many campaigns more cohesive because a very large part of the Horde memberbase ended up in the same community and had to stick around / play by rules dictated by the same officer team in a way that Alliance didn’t. It’s not an intrinsic fault of the Alliance - the kind of player that causes problems exists on both factions - but if you’re in the situation described above you’re going to see it more from that faction

You absolutely are owed a basic level of respect / deference from the attendees as a campaign host

15 Likes

It just seems, I may be wrong, that your argument completely revolves around Alliance bad.

1 Like

The point of every post u’ve made is that “This is the Alliance’s fault, not the Hordes.”

2 Likes

I miss RP-PvP Campaigns

7 Likes

Sadly it seems bygones will never be bygones :pensive:

2 Likes

So do I, old friend. So do I.

2 Likes

I do too.

Well, half and half. I never really enjoyed the fighting itself. It just feels like it existed as a setup and as a context for the camp conversations, the diplomacy and so on which surrounded the actual warfare.

1 Like

^ All factual statements on my part.

As I said previously the blame isn’t equal. The abuse pales when compared to each other.

Unless you are saying despite being only 13% of the population, the HORDE make up …

I enjoyed doing emote fights with people on the other faction and social/tactic rp tbh. Some RP-PVP campaigns were the favorite times in my RP career (since i was born)

Ah he has agreed with me at last.

3 Likes

Yeh this is pretty

1 Like

Oh, for sure. Most of my campaigns have been the usual restricted autoattack scenarios, and even with crossfaction communication and diligent tactics there’s only so much you can express with one ability (from a list of permitted abilities) per 5 seconds.

But it’s one of those things that have no perfect solution. Emotes offers the best freedom but limited structure and no visual feedback, restricted gets samey, and unrestricted I find leaves me little time to express anything through emotes or shouts without fatally compromising the fight.

Yeah, they were kinda rare enough that I didn’t get worn out of it tbh.

1 Like

This thread can explain why public RP-PvP campaigns have died off. Not only there isn’t agreement, but we’re already telling who is at a fault for it, and its kind of obvious this accusatory behavior is part of the problem.

2 Likes

Remember that super old picture where Garrosh opens the chest of Y’shaarj only to find Hrothgarr inside?

Stuff like that was dangerously funny, but it’s a relic of a past age now.

4 Likes

Miss him too :pensive:

3 Likes