Anyone who got his TBC box before official launch?

It was expansion.MPQ I think

Yes, you are right, and WOTLK Expansion2.MPQ. I have the old installers in an old DVD when I keeped a copy but I do not have a running TBC client installed, so I said the name by memory, too much time has passed ^^

I think it was lichking.MPQ

EDIT: Yes, it was lichking.MPQ
https://i.imgur.com/avgqqNk.png

1 Like

The data you mention where not used by any client until TBC patch day when it got patched in for everyone.

No, Expansion.MPQ was not patched for everyone in TBC patch day, it requires a direct install from TBC disk, patch day installed Patch-2.MPQ while Patch-1.MPQ were all data changes from Vanilla patches. People who were playing during TBC without purchasing TBC like me when I started were able to play without having that file installed, because after all we were not yet allowed to go to any expansion areas.

In fact during TBC it was not possible to install Expansion.MPQ from Blizzard servers, only from disk or third party sites with patch mirrors. So if you lost the disk you were out of luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.