Are Druids Furries? And What about Tauren?

I’m a hairy bastard, does that make me a furry?

You are all furry, Taurens, Worgen, Pandaren, Vulpera and yes some Druid forms.

I prefer the term floof

Legends say that blood elf females have fur on their back…

I agree! /10 char

1 Like

Don’t let all that distract you from the most secret furries on Azeroth… Trolls!

Even though their character models don’t show it very well trolls are also covered in fur.

Trolls are the original elves.
Like the True elves!

Yeah I know and I guess that would make elves “ex furries”?

Maybe that’s the true reason why some night elves used the form of the pack!

Zandalari are clearly for scalies. I’m just waiting on one that caters to my slime fetish.

It seems misunderstanding comes from linguistics.

Fur

late 14c. “trimming or lining of a garment” (implied c. 1300 in surname Furhode “fur hood”), probably from Old French forrer, fourrer “cover with fur, line (clothing),” in general “to cover, fill with,” from fuerre “sheath, scabbard” (via notion of “covering”)

No , horse ,cow , deer doesn’t have fur.It’s different word for that type of hair than rabbit like hair.

2 Likes

I think this definition fits it better:

‘the hairy coat of a mammal especially when fine, soft, and thick’

In the end it’s really just a matter of semantics. Hair and Fur are the same thing really. We just for some reason call some things hair and others fur.

“This is all the same material,” Dr. Nancy Simmons, a mammalogist with the American Museum of Natural History, said in a 2001 interview with Scientific American. “Hair and fur are the same thing.”

So given that Tauren are indeed furries! As are all races with hair I guess.

I think you have to look at things outwith the normal human worldly contexts.

They are powerful beings who can shape shift and have an infinity with nature. I’m pretty sure that many people would love the chance to get away from the chaos of humanity and be able to shape shift.

In Dragon’s Age, their “druids” would shapeshift into dragons and all other kinds of creatures.

I love cats.

I think Zandalari druids are technically “scalies”.

What? Yes it is.
That’s exactly what fur is.

Nice furstyle you selected for your velf.

1 Like

Moonkin have feathers, not fur.

In all seriousness though, hair and fur is the same thing. We’ve just called it “hair” when it’s on us and “fur” when it’s on animals.
There’s a few exceptions, like how we call the hair on the body of the horse for fur, while we say the hair of their mane or tail is “hair”.
But chemically speaking there’s no difference between the two.

1 Like

so then technically dwarfs are furries to? :smiley: there 90% beard :stuck_out_tongue:

I Agree.
100%