Are there race/class combinations that make it harder or easier to find RP?

I’ve come back after a long hiatous and am finding it a bit difficult to find a place to RP, events on the archive are often hard to attend for me due to irregular scheduling on my part.

I was initally interested in playing a demon hunter for PvE purposes but googling around i found out that RP on them can be quite difficult. I’m really not sure where to go besides the cathedral district which seems more paladin/priest/regular joe oriented.

My lore knowledge is hazy at best, and I’m not sure where to go from here.
I find all classes to have enjoyable bits, so if some races/classes would make casual RP a lot easier to find I’d definitely make that sacrifice.

I remember back during TBC on the shatrath server we’d just always have a bar open in the mage district where casual RP and connections were super easy to find, i was hoping those sorts of things still happened.

3 Likes

Hello, friend!

I tend to find joining, or at the very least reaching out to guilds, is a good way to find yourself some RP or find where the RP “hotspots” are. If you’re looking to make some Demon Hunter friends, Veiled Glaive immediately spring to mind:

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/235061

If you’re still angry about Teldrassil and want to let rip on some Horde, the Dirge of Teldrassil might be what you’re looking for.

I am sure that there will be more that people will pop up with. Welcome back, by the way! :slight_smile:

As for the topic, I find that there’s some odd combos that have gotten people the side-eye before but if you’re willing to put in a bit of work to have an explanation on hand I’ve never found it to be an issue. Wowpedia is usually pretty good with this so maybe spend a little time reading up on Demon Hunters, what happened in Legion since you’ll probably blow through it while levelling and there was a fair amount of Demon Hunter lore brought in. Azeroth is a weird place with lots of weird people where weird stuff happens so after a while you just start going along with it.

6 Likes

DHs and DKs have a lot of baked in lore which means they are less flexible, realistically, than other classes. It’s not to say you can’t have them hanging around doing stuff but both of them are very much “tortured warriors dedicated to The Cause” as a central theme.

It’s not a class I’d recommend for slipping back into RP unless you’ve got a decent support (guild/community) to back it up.

Not to say you can’t, of course, it just wouldn’t ever be my first choice.

3 Likes

Normally Demon Hunters, Death Knights, Warlocks and kinda Shadow Priests are the class combo’s that are mainly outsiders.

Being an outsider do not mean you can’t attend stuff but they carry some specific weight that is good to know beforehand due to the powers they are using.

But the 4 classes I mentioned have their own pros for roleplay and often their own community to RP within as well so do not feel discouraged to roleplay any of the classes really but you should look in beforehand which guilds do accept the following.

2 Likes

I would say give the Demon Hunter a go. It is very interesting lore class to play with and though it might look daunting at first it can be a lot of fun.

I would give a poke to Veiled Glaive and Asmeday for any lore questions or demon hunter themed guild as those guys are really cool and nice.

2 Likes

Hi hi!! Demon hunter RP is absolutely a thing that’s around, and as luck would have it, The Veiled Glaive are recruiting and we love sharing our DH lore knowledge with those less in the know. Feel free to send me an in game /w or mail about it anytime.

A more general tip for rp from myself is to create characters! lots of them. think of lore events they’ve lived through or things they’ve done, if you’re a little stumped on lore knowledge then research is not only going to be good for your rp, but might eventually inspire a character idea. Casual rp is fairly easy to find on alliance side, and once you’ve got a character you love, the whole of Azeroth is your oyster

1 Like

Human warrior is suitable for most kinds of RP if you’re looking for an easy time finding RP!

“Adventurer” type classes are perfectly easy to start and not step on any Lore Elitist toes. Class like Warrior, Rogue, Hunter are run of the mill.

Like others said, classes that deal with “evil” magic need to have some baggage explained (not to every person you run into, but yourself). Some classes that deal with vague or expansive lore bits are annoying to play as you will always get called out for the smallest of things. Druids especially.

Class+race combo that will be hard for you to find RP in? Classes/specs that complete don’t mesh with their race. Shadow priests and Draenei/LF is prime example. Also with the addition of Allied Race Death Knights, a lot of people will ignore LF/Velf DKs unless you specify you aren’t a DK IC or are a Helf/Draenei instead.

People like these are big losers.

My two cents into getting back to RP’ing is to go for a character that is challenging, not an easy way. Pick a race and class you know well enough to build a legitimate character. Then simply jump into RP!

Interact with people, make friends, join a guild and you are set for months of RP.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.