Are we Alliance THIS sad?

It’s ridiculous but it’s not like Blizzard seem to be able to acknowledge that it’s not working.

24 Likes

the problem is that only one faction atm is encouraged to group up and kill 25 enemies for gear, imho this kind of quest should be simmetric, or maybe the quest should change faction every week.

personally i went in stormsong to do the invasion groupless, but after a couple of kills ( and deaths) i started meeting horde groups, so i grouped up too.

2 Likes

It’s called the ‘Cycle of hatred’. Nothing new in this game. It’s allowed to happen as it is a core annoyance of WPVP and has been around as long as PVP has.

Nothing new.

2 Likes

the cycle of life can be cruel, horde got a boost in the first week of uldir, alliance got a boost in the first week of dazar alor.
as far as i know the horde will get the first step of increased rewards from the darkshore wf.

5 Likes

Problems with this are few:

• Phasing is first thing, and Allies are running whole guilds with a groups of 5 and camping port flight point - spamming it with AOE. You’re dead before you demount from flightpath and you cannot really group up either since the alliance groups are taking slots in the shard so if you’re unfortunate to be grouped in it tough luck.
  • Reward system is easly abused, enabling it for extra 30% more rewards overall and free heroic level gear each week, then turning it off since they do not want to participate in an open world pvp. They’re just there for rewards, and thus they are camping flightpoints and picking random people 1v1.
    And best part is next week they will get bonus and free loot again due to how easly it is abused.

At this point I just want them to bring back the PvP servers and throw the whole WM away. It doesn’t do it’s purpose, it doesn’t provide people with world pvp, it does’t give a chill on your spine that you can die - it guarants you to be dead on flightpoint the moment you appear by organized group.

Blizzard unsubs still incoming it seems.

6 Likes

Well, how about this for a solution:

2 Likes

Players have said they miss the old AV and Tarren Mill where you could fight mindlessly

I suppose that is what they are trying to achieve, group vs group activity with rewards

1 Like

bring back the good old pvp servers instead of warmode

2 Likes

its called open world pvp.

and alliance is minority so shh.

Of course a system like that would be abused…Sad really.

group vs group
thats why i run solo i come acros ally raidgroups constantly, and when i join horde group for payback i get phased were theres almost no ally’s and they come 1 by 1

phasing is such BS but ye if they have like 2raid groups fighting eachother the server lag becus it cant handle…

2 Likes

Ye, if only phasing wasn’t a whack…

2 Likes

So, WM on assault actually makes no sense at all. Because once you’re in a raid group, you can’t do any of the quests. Yes. you can kill anyone with that huge crowd of people, but what’s the point?

And as soon as you’re solo and can do the quests, you usually face Alliance raid groups.

The way WM works is stupid. Of course, Alliance will always be in raid groups 30+ since they all have the quests which give them free 400 HC item.

Blizzard, just give them quests for killing 100 Horde players already so that they spend now 24/7 in our capital city as we have a raid there now. Lol

3 Likes

Seems like the OP had a difference experience from me, before reaching a decent ilvl and switched to a pvp spec while doing WQs I was usually farmed everyday by horde players ganking me in group.

Why should we be ashamed to do the exact same thing?

3 Likes

It has nothing to do with WPvP lol. It’s usually 30 vs 1-2 players.

If Horde had the same quests, there will be some fight raid vs raids. Not its just the most stupid way the Blizzard chose to improve some faction balance.

3 Likes

I highly doubt you ever faced a raid ganking you. Bunch of players like 2-3 people, maybe. It existed before, nothing new.
But not a whole 40 ppl raid just standing in quest zone and using permanent aoe.

2 Likes

It has happened while trying to do a worldboss, I found a group a few minutes later but meanwhile the raid of horde players waiting near the boss didn’t think twice about destroying me multiple times.

The other times were while trying to do group WQs that require 5 people, same thing as the worldboss, the horde players waiting around didn’t think twice about coming with 10 people to kill me.

Oh I just remembered that they camped at the Tortollans in stormsong valley a few times, blocking every alliance player there and they were at the very least 20.

Anyway, we can group to do quests, they can too. I thought people wanted more social features in the game…

If anything give the same incentive to the horde to group and do the same, at least world pvp would be fun.

Ganking isnt the problem (blue in the face right now) the problem is one side ganking for reward and the other gets zero…other than 10% that was already available to the side now gifted with shiny pretties as well as a bonus to their 10%

1 Like

This would be abused regardless of which side has the quest or the buff.

Alliance complained about Warmode and the constant party/raid ganking they received and blizzard reacted with these changes, now the shoe is on the other foot and you see the alliance doing the exact same to the horde (who now complain about it) because there is a nice quest attached to it that grants a decent ilvl item.

Warmode was just an excuse to try and repair the lack of pvp that was happening, the old system of pvp and pve servers gave people the option of playing the way they wanted, we have battlegrounds and arenas for those who wanted to dive into pvp who played pve servers back in the days.

2 Likes

If only people were able to enjoy world pvp without needing a carrot :man_shrugging:

3 Likes