Arms Guides and Second Wind

https://skyhold.gg/arms/8-1armsfeedback#

https://www.wowhead.com/arms-warrior-talent-guide#arms-builds-raiding

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents

Second Wind has almost no value in most situations. Generally, it’s during leveling or to help your healers out with Grievous.

Honestly I don’t understand why so much arms warrior guides say that Second Wind is nearly useless.

It seems very few people yet noticed that this talent has a great synergy with the 30 second absord shield Azerit trait “Resounding Protection”. It heals even when the warrior takes damage which is absorbed by that (and any other) shield completely. None of the guides mention this fact.

If played well Second Wind is an extremly strong selfheal talent in both PvP and Raid/M+ Content which outranks the other two talents by far.

except its useless in rated pvp, the whole talent is just bad designed compared to what it was before, you need to utilize your fear, stun and leap to get the use of it and heal back up as arms or your’e screwed, while fury just blood thirsts as a main attack and heals away. Arms is terrible for solo

It doesn’t outperform the other talents, D-stance is way better for m+ or raid encounters where you know big damage will hit, its life changing specially mythic mother or vectis and bounding stride speaks for itself. Its a nice usefull talent in pve, but pvp you want D-stance and never second wind.

5 Likes

Depending from situation SW is ether great or totaly useless, it’s great for M+ in bursting or queiking weeks cos both of thous affixes damage does not prevend SW from healing, alsow meny AoE efects doesnt stop SW ticks

SW is good if you know what abilities does stop its tick and what abilities does not

I’m not comparing Arms with Fury so bloothirst has no basis for a discussion.

Again you too seem to forget the Azerit Trait shield. Sure, you have to play more tactically to use the full potential of this shield-heal combo but if you do so you get one of the best selfheals in game. As Kubuntu sais:

In PvP a 30k shield isn’t killed by a dots in seconds so if you get out of LoS and stay safe for 15 seconds you get a heal to 100%.
Damage in encounters like mother can be completely ignored by healers and can be healed with SW cause it’s just one big impact with no dots after that. Vectis too has some similar mechanics.

I haven’t forgotten the 30k shield from azerite traits.

D-stance is just better than second wind.

And yes in pvp 30k dmg can be done in like 2-3 seconds

If you leap away and try los for 15 seconds to heal up in rated pvp as a warrior, youve lost the match.

The effectivness of all inner ring traits is reduced by 50% in PvP

i was responding to the dude saying the shield is good for second wind

1 Like

Just clarifying that it’s a 15k shield, not a 30k one.

Second wind is only good for dwarfs who can dive behind a pillar, instantly remove all debuffs and start healing.

Have no idea how second wind can help with grievous when it requires not taking damage, you will have to be very lucky and have the first tick bring you over 90% before the first dot tick, not very likely.

You are right when the enviroment is battlegrounds and arenas.
But why does anybody here just focus at this weak spot and ignores all other facts?
In open world PvP and in any other content Second Wind has an enormous healing potential even guide writers seem to overlook.

Its good in open world yes, dont need to eat between pulls I guess - also I remember doing some islands with no heal classes and thinking it would have been useful.

Second winds design just sucks, it should be brought back to what it was before or be changed to passive healing ticks to be viable with the other talents.

Second wind is quite good in islands i agree and also world questing, but then agian arms is terrible for solo and youre better of playing fury then. (inb4 some butthurt kid cries about this being a second wind discussion)

The question is not “Is Second Wind good or could it be better?” but “Is it better than Defensive Stance?”.

DS is a flat 20% Dmg Reduce while SW can be a powerfull selfheal if timed correctly with the Azerit absorb shield.

E.g.:

• Heavy trashfight ae nearly killed you - you jump out still with dots on you, your healer is busy saving the tank but thanks to the shield SW heals you to 100%.
  • A boss ae skill still does a lot of damage even with DS. SW does heal you completely in seconds if there no further damage income.
    Quake, explosions, falling damage is healed directly without delay even some boss skills dons’t trigger the 5 seconds timer.

These are no fictional situations - I experience these regulary.

Here some Q&A from the ‘Skyhold’ Arms Warrior section:

Q: Is Second Wind Viable? A: Yes, in some cases in raid “Environmental” damage doesn’t break Second Winds healing. Ex: Mythrax and Bursting/Greivous in M+.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.