[A/RP] - LF Night Elf Guild

This is cool but why have this lesser thing when you can roleplay cool worgens and night elves instead.

This post was made by true elune gang.

2 Likes

Bronzebeard Dwarf mountaineer.

Instead of ale, he likes wine and water.

Instead of mountains, he likes the desert and jungles.

Instead of rifles, he prefers the bow and arrow.

Instead of a ram, he rides a turtle.

Instead of chainmail, fur and agile gear - he prefers heavy plate.

Instead of a bear, he has a giant beetle as companion.

2 Likes

Being an intellectual, I know that fashion is everything. A lot of the time, I create a set that I like on a specific character before creating their RP profile and it helps me get creative with the sort of character I want them to be in the actual roleplay.

Doesn’t help the stereotype that I play a blood elf.

2 Likes

Sounds great!

Alright surely he likes to stay hydrated on the job?

Must have been on a lot of campaigns in the likes of southern Kalimdor and Stranglethorn hah?

Maybe he has some Wildhammer connections?

…Maybe he’s met a few pandaren, but a ram is iconic for a dwarf-

But that’s essential to a mountaineer, he can’t be hauling plate around?!

…This is why we can’t have nice things, Sainur.

5 Likes

Done it, sister.

2 Likes

Hi bud. I am BC 2006 onwards, Alliance. I struggled to enjoy this version of the game until I found myself being immersed, often by chance, by the game itself. Most players today chase mogs and gear which is equally accessible y most players as a whole. This makes me feel I’m in a winless race against new content time - unlike the satisfaction of closely -bonded LK and pre LK guilds, before cross realm etc. Why I say this is, it sounds like you’re looking for some good meaning to playing WOW again, and to do that, you would benefit from just immersion - like the first time you played. Pick a class and spec, faction with a link to your actual values (broken hearted Dwarf or Fallen Soldier of morals vs Law like Robin Hood) and roll in to the game like that. The current WoW devs are doing a great job however there’s a massive level of expectation and entitlement across the new gen of players. A bit like recent Star Wars films: Any other franchise = great films (Sfx, acting etc). So, go a little towards progress and, when you come across old content like your Garrison, go and follow the story etc etc.
Come to Surfang if you like. Join and ad me Wornox#1612. I am looking for RP to try something new. Atm I am on USA Rp server but they’re all Trump v Biden blabla. Peace mate!

1 Like

Great! What are the rules in RP on RP servers. I would like to immerse in that. Moonguard is big but all politics lol. Addons>?

The main thing that separates it from other servers is that /s, /e, and /y are generally regarded as IC channels and shouldn’t be used OOC, and if you have to, not a lot.

The remainder is mostly just standard Terms of Use stuff - don’t harass people, don’t send explicit content, and so on

2 Likes

I think that is some excellent advice, and I’ll definitely give it a try! I was hoping to create the character, start levelling and roleplaying instantly, but if I’m lacking inspiration and a concept I think that’s going to be very tricky. So I think I’ll pop over to some zones and do a few quests there on an already established character and see if anything comes to mind. Thank you for this suggestion.

Oh definitely. I wasn’t overly keen on BfA as an expansion and found myself lacking the immersion and motivation to keep roleplaying so I took a long break. I also relied heavily on walk-up roleplay because I couldn’t find a guild, which made me want to tear my hair out, to be honest. I have the desire to roleplay, but I have no idea where to start character concept-wise. It’s overwhelming, and I’ve been roleplaying for years but I feel as If I’m new again.

1 Like

Yeah, it obviously feels more productive if you can get to questing on a character you’re already inspired to play - I was lucky in that I already had an idea of what I wanted to do (Nightborne mage) when I got back and just got inspiration for other/more characters doing that, myself, but I hope it works out for you and that you’ll find something that inspires you!

If you’ve got an idea that you want to give a try and are looking for people to do that with, I’ve currently got a Nightborne Mage (duh), Night Elf priestess, and Forsaken soldier that I actively play so feel free to reach out if any of those would make for logical or fun interactions! :slight_smile:

New starts can be overwhelming but I’ve not played any of my old characters and the fresh new start, once I got things going, has just been a blast - hope it’ll be much the same for you!

2 Likes

You should really play nightborne.
Other races offer cookies, but we offer arcwine.

And yes, that’s how you know we’re the cool kids club.

1 Like

But the lack of customisations for Nightborne… how do you cope? I do like their aesthetic though, but unsure if I can conjure up a concept for a survival hunter. :frowning:

I suppose I’m not only looking for concept ideas, but mostly help in general to get back into roleplay. I’m out of touch by a couple of months, so no idea what guilds are out there and what the RP scene Is like on horde or alliance, what people like and dislike in RP.

1 Like

I’d scroll though the past 30 days of the forums and check out the guilds listed, also helps to go through the first few ‘guilds’ pages on Argentarchives (as many also don’t have a forum thread). Also maybe check out the hubs around (Feathermoon, Astranaar, Redridge, Stormwind City, Booty Bay, Silvermoon City, Orgrimmar etc.) and see if you see any guild around that you like at first glance. However, many are out in the world at the moment due to the prepatch happenings.

I think this remains a relative constant throughout, really.

A bit late for the party but I try to supply with transmog sets. I keep them flashy and unique at the same time, bending several sets together to get a somewhat ‘special’ model (obviously, it has to be purple!). NB women have it easier either way.

For a NB hunter I actually had an idea. A caretaker of magical beasts - supposedly she was meant to serve a noble as both a caretaker of magical beasts and a huntsmen of sort but later I dropped the concept. She would use trained mana wyrms for most purposes (you can have up to three wyrms active at a time). Also, she’d train new arcane creatures that have yet to set their foot in Suramar, such as the panthara from Argus (a concession of the extravagant noble who would often spend ridicolous sums of money to enlarge his menagerie).

Alternatively, you could just go with a classic spellbow.

Edited the original topic, so I’m giving this a little bump. Now looking for an active, Night Elf RP guild to help me ease back into roleplay and make friends, and cool stories!

1 Like

You have a bunch of guilds to choose from for a sentinel concept. Those I know of are currently:

We, the Thornglaive Sentinels, of course :wink: :

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/kaldorei-worgen-rp-thornglaive-sentinels-back-in-feathermoon-new-uniform-rules/191253

The Nightblades:
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/%E2%B8%B0%E2%98%BD-the-nightblade-sentinels-%E2%98%BE%E2%B8%B0-anu-kalimdor-%F0%9F%8C%99/19730

The Glaivewings:
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/arp-sentinel-cadre-glaivewings/122779

And Dirge, which are Black Moon army, I believe:
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pcu-worgen-night-elf-rp-dirge-of-teldrassil/72859

Best check out this thread, too. There’s a guild list for night elf guilds there, public events and also communities, I believe. Also some night elf lore tidbits, especially for BfA lore.

3 Likes

[Dirge] of Teldrassil.

(Vash please pay me for these sponsored advertisements)

2 Likes

I would recommend checking the “Nightblade Sentinels”. Their RP is solid and OOCly as a people they are really friendly.

2 Likes

All of the Sentinel guilds mentioned above are solid rpers both ic and ooc. As Riveroak suggests just read through the various forum threads and check out AA :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.