Ashbringer Comic RETCONNED? The Light can make you DUMBSTRUCK?

It’s true, I only have one brain cell and it’s for pressing Heal.

I roll my wheelchair up to you really quick

Same but templars verdict

1 Like

This isn’t really as farfetched as it would seem in my opinion. Although it’s RPG lore: the Templar is described to having to sever the connections he has to his old life and way of living, because of the new ways he’s capable of wielding the Light causes his personality to change aswell.

I think it’s fair to say that the more a Paladin or a Priest grows in his ability to use the Light, the risk of loosing himself also becomes a growing concern - as the Archbishop says “The Light, will consume you!”

It could also be that they were under the Nathrezim’s spell, and removing it has left them vegetative?

https://gyazo.com/7f1b78a2336f5e3d9554d3f84365d542

Mad men

I’ve got hammer of justice, which is just smashing someone’s head with a magic hammer. I bet that’d give you brain damage too. :wink:

I’m afraid you’re too late for that job.

It’s never too late to hit people with magic hammers.

It’s hammer time.

Now you shall see MY HAMMER OF FIRE…

Based and Hammerpilled.

Depends on the individual, their beliefs and ways I’d say. One’s personality may be faithful by default, one may value wisdom, and one may go for zeal. But of course, they will change, with the path they follow. :slight_smile:

‘’ A nathrezim named Balnazzar had infiltrated the Crusade and assumed the identity of its leader, Saidan Dathrohan .’’ Could mean that he was there when it was formed but he is still infilrating it by pretending to be someone else.

Didn’t Saidan show up after the Crusade were formed? And by that used the body to infiltrate and later take over leadership?

Also on wowpedia the forming of Scarlet Crusade is said like this.

‘’ Those who would later become the founders of the Crusade met in Southshore during the Third War, where together they purified a dark crystal into what would become the core of the holy Ashbringer sword. By that time a faction had started growing in the Knights of the Silver Hand, largely led by Abbendis. This faction was intolerant of what they deemed as the “lesser races”.

The core of the Crusade’s forces began as a group of survivors of the Silver Hand who regrouped in Hearthglen after an offer of Taelan Fordring. Ashbringer in hand, Highlord Alexandros Mograine led the knights of the once-proud order on a crusade of furious retribution in Lordaeron. Such were his acts that he and his weapon quickly became legends’’

As for the light causing someone to be dumb I don’t think its limited to just the light.

I mean we saw the process of creating two-headed ogres caused them to loss intelligence and other magics have also been lowering peoples mind example the Lost Ones got exposed too much to the fel.

It states Balnazzar infiltrated the Crusade. Had it been Ashbringer comic narrative it would be “Balnazzar infiltrated the remnants of the Silver Hand” or along those lines. Infiltrating the order is a keynote because the Scarlet Crusade only existed after Mograine betrayal and the death of the Ashbringer, to which the Scarlet Crusade was then founded by Balnazzar himself in the Ashbringer comic series.

He can’t infiltrate an order he founded, infiltrate is a specific word here. So it seems to me this is going back to old vanilla lore.

1 Like

Isn’t this then almost instantly contradicted by the story as laid out in Chronicle 3, which, from the top of my memory, somewhat stays close to the formation of the Scarlet Crusade and the Argent Dawn as shown in the Ashbringer comic?

I had a look through my Chronicle 3 book and the only reference I can find is this:

“The Scarlet Crusade was growing ever more belligerent and corrupt, resorting to brutal tactics against anyone who dared to question its members’ methods. But as they prosecuted their zealous war, another order of paladins grew in strength and determination. The Argent Dawn was founded by those who were sickened by the Scarlet Crusade but had refused to give up on their holy mission of protecting Azeroth.”

– P127: Chapter IV: Old Hatreds

To me it reinforces the idea the order was corrupted from within, rather than being always corrupted as stated in the comic. The rest of the passage is mostly about how Darion wanted to cleanse Ashbringer and free his father. No other mentions as far as I can see.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.