Attack on capital cities?

Do they still happen , like, ever ? I just remembered how back in the day I was playing Wotlk and the moments of Orgrimmar getting attacked were quiet epic. Do people still do those in 8.2 ?
And please, for the love , don’t mention classic and that it happens there, thanks.

4 Likes

Would love to do more city attacks, hard to get the numbers.

But, now and again a small number of us go for a suicide mish to kill Sylv and some Horde :relaxed:

Join a WPvP community

Horde and Alliance WPvP guilds and communities

1 Like

I think I stopped trying in WoD. I rather often see people looking for more for the achi, but mostly people just doen’t bother to join.
It’s a shame really, I remember having a lot of fun doing this back in the day, regardless if we succeeded or not :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess it was more of a thing before realm connections :confused:

Nope. Unless maybe a streamer does it.

Otherwise, you can’t even put 20 people together to do an older patch raid that drops a guaranteed mount. (mythic BOD and trust me. We’ve waited for 2 hours only for people to leave faster than joining.)

You expect 40 people or more to start a raid against the other faction, when the moment they attack, the lag will reach the ultimate levels of unbearable?

1 Like

I see them happen randomly between midnight and 3AM (in Stormwind.) Usually between 2 to 7 horde at most. Not seen anything on a massive scale in ages though!

Sadly I have not seen this since Wrath. It used to be so fun to do those attacks but also organize defenses and making some scouting where they might hit next.

I think flying and cross realms (or sharding) pretty much killed the fun of it

I have seen a few people eventing the achievement, a few times I accidentally flew into stormwind seeing horde in the keep so it’s definitely there .
I still need Baine for my mount I ought to try and catch the next one Argent Dawn btw

1 Like

The server can’t handle big battles sadly, even AV lags if people meet in the middle, see here:

1 Like

There was a pandaren mage earlier today in Stormwind trying to solo Anduin. So yes they still happen.

i would not call 1 person a threat. :\ i dont know how 1 person could even take on a faction leader unless the leaders stats have been TOTALLY destroyed.

thank you scaling.

i’ve not seen anything in cities for years. any time other faction is there they dont seem to be there for the leader. its something like sniping pvp kills, or the rogue class hall quest etc etc.

They happen occasionally, but since so much of the playerbase have the achievement there’s less incentive to join.

They’re still great when they do happen. I remember one group I was in, after killing the Warchief we commandeered the Thunder Bluff Zeppelin and completely decked it out with Stormwind Banners. It was a lot slower than just flying to Mulgore, but also a lot more fun.

My city got attacked by 6 LFG players. That havent happand in months.
Miss the times back when my old guild went in Org/sw to gank people in small scale group and not to kill the faction leader for the achi…
(Yes in BFA, rip wpvp guilds. Not good times for us :slight_smile: )

In our server we tried some time in spring, or rather horde tried, but phasing issues made it very unpleasent event, for attackers, for defenders.

You got own group phase out or enemies phase out and ever since in my realm none have been organised.

1 Like

Yesterday evening there were some undead rogues holding the Stormwind portal room hostage. Not sure if that is what you mean but it does still happen.
I also vividly remember a big group of Horde players, all on the Warlord’s Deathwheel storming the gates few days after horde members got that free mount.

It definitely happens less lately, I must admit.

There was a attack on stormwind last night on my server i didnt see the battle just the pile of skelitons.
Of course this was with warmode on so if you dont have it on its possible you just dont see it.

This also happens a lot because people just server/phasing hop.

A while ago I was in a group for wpvp to attack boralus. After we were done we just kind of agreed to attack all alliance cities in the same night for those who didn’t have the achievement. We got them all. It was pretty fun taking the underground train from sw to if and murdering surprised allies waiting for the train :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.