Awaited New Night elf tattoos - but where are my star markings?

I dunon, tbh, just speculating potential scenarios, I mean they move races a round, people lose their homes, or migrate to better ones who knows what they would have done, but Stonetalon is a similar set up to highmountian, so it’s possible, I suggested it as it fit the factions having entire zones/continents to themselves and then the displaced races waging war to get them back.

I suspect this is what they were going to do … so this could have meant the Highmountain moving, afterall, they’d have access to Desolace , Mulgore and Barrens from there connecting them a lot more than an isolated zone surrounded by night elves. It made sense with the former plan, however it doesn’t mean that that would have happened.

Nothing really, just sharing opinions and thoughts, the discussion led me back to that time frame - Imean this is all about sharing right?

Well yeh off course, but no one is ever going to get perfectly even and fiar treatment, in a narrative that progresses you get highs and lows and they come at different times, it woudl be really weird to instnatly balance out every time. So we must wait for when a race has got consistent lows, it would run high for a while in the limelight, and then it would swtich elsewhere, some who’ve been high will now be the source of the drama of the narrative and experience something terible, like the Night elves did in Cata and BFA, and so it will continue as ore stories are woven.

What they must ensure however is even in defeat or catastrophe, they show the race of well so peeps feel proud, and that they end the low with the hope for something even bigger and better and then start telling that story over time.

TBh, many of the wow races have had lows, and we see the lows, we don’t actually see many rebuild, they should be showing that. At least they did that with the blood elves and the trolls. They have yet to do that with the D raeni and the night elves.

Yeh, I see that, it’s a bit pointless if you ask me, but who am i to begrudge them asking for more stuff. Blood elves also need updates and improvements, they are the most popular race in the game, it would be silly to do nothing with them.

1 Like

oh Kudos if you did read the essays, i doubt many will, but it’s nice to express what you would like to see…la nd good to share as much info as you can, like why, how etc

It’s not even close.

Highmountain Tauren should always remain on Highmountain, because…that’s what they’re called. To gain a new race, called the Highmountain Tauren, just for them to move to Stonetalon…? Are we talking about Highmountain Tauren or a new group called the Stonetalon Peak Tauren…? Because one of those don’t exist.

Don’t think they were. Everything you said, requires a revamp and if Alliance were getting all EK, Kul’Tiras and Broken Isles, then Horde gets all Kalimdor, Northrend and Zandalar, but with that means…yes, Blood Elves and Nightborne lose the Sunwell, but gain the Well of Eternity atop Hyjal.
Likewise, the Alliance gains the Sunwell.

But, it would be as the Blood Elf Rogue, loyal to Sylvanas, would say to Malfurion. The Temples of Elune, across Kalimdor would be decorated in Sin’dorei colour. I’d probably place the Blood Elves in Ashenvale with a brand new city located in the centre, Nightborne in Darkshore, Highmountain in Winterspring and on the border of Hyjal and Forsaken on Bloodmyst Isle.

Then, matching themes for each race involved in the zones, so Feralas would be Blood Elves, Tauren and Nightborne with Eldre’Thalas under the Horde banner. Blood Elven Sunreavers remove the High Elf presence from Crystalsong Forest and between them and the Nightborne Arcanists, Shandaral is restored and would serve as a good main Nightborne City, until they find something more suitable. Possibly Thalyssra reaching out to the Blues, but rather than making the mistakes of the Shandaral Highborne, the Blues and Shal’dorei work together.

Highmountain would bring the balance to the Well of Eternity, since the Night Elves have been removed. Ebyssian would have more involvement in the story and strongly tell Sylvanas that Nordrassil will not be felled to fuel her war. If she demands it, then the Dragons would be forced to act against Orgrimmar.

Not sure where the Forsaken story would go, but I reckon claiming Bloodmyst and Azuremyst Isle would suit there needs.

They are the ones that released that map of the factions moving, I suspect a soft revamp was planned , but it’s all scrapped

People were out raged with the WoT and they didn’t placate the losers quickly enough… I mean how could they when they had just slung Suramar to the horde - from that point the night elves could never have a home in the broken isles to make up for losing Teldrassil , Darkshore, Ashenvale and their Kalimdor places… so it fell flat. If they weren’t so biased or greedy to favour, it might have been different.

But yes, it would have been a revamp… I can still remember the maps of Kalimdor all red, and EK all blue (minus Azuremyst and Quel’thalas)

But that state was a fight state, in winning these places the idea was that the losers would be fighting to reclaim… creating more interesting quests and conflicts.

Scrapped plan. Not the first time they announced something they never followed through. The highmountain comment is just me guessing what might have happened. If they can kick the night elves out of Teldrassil for a while, i have no trouble believing they could displace the highmountain - it’s what happens in war . Remeber they have destoryed Dranssus, Theramore, Dalran, Storrmwind, Lordaeron and Silvermoon. Gilneas, Stormgarde and shattrath weren’t left alone either, although the latter 2, like DIre Maul and Stratholme, were introduced in a destroyed state in wow

They even switched Silvermoon to the opposite faction… while all these moves have been horde favouralbe, i didn’t doubt they could switch the Hihgmountain over, afterall, they would simply be giving htem a bigger home so although it would be a loss, they would get a replacement as the horde would get the whole contiennt.

I have no idea how they would distribute the horde races across the lands they won from the humans and night elves, but presumably if the night elves went to Broken isles, then Forsaken and Highmountain would be in Kalimdor.

I would have wanted the horde to control most of Northrend minus the neutral areas taken by powerful races or cross-factioned race mixed factions like the Argent Dawn/Cenarion Circle or the Dragons and Keepers/Frost Dwarves of Ulduar. But Zuldrak, Icecrown Winterspring, Howjling Fjord and most of Borean Tundra and the southern parts of Dragon blight i would guess would be given horde… although that’s not a given. I thought the Forsaken should dominate Northrend instead of go into Kalimdor.

This because it feels right that the two major factions of WC3, Night elves and Undead should both dominate a continent each. Since Kalimdor is also the horde seat of power I’m fine with it been fought over. While the night elves dominate the Broken Isles. Same with forsaken and Northrend. The forsaken and night elves should still be fighting for their homes in both Kalimdor and EK and should have pockets of resistance and control in parts of all the zones they once controlled.

Places like Hyjal, Moonglade, Desolace and Desolace are Cenarion circle and continue to be with all the druid races, though predominantly night elves working there, they are above the faction conflict. Just like Ulduar (Earthern/Titan keepers), parts of Icecrown (Ebon Blade), Crystalsong (Dalaran) and most of Dragonblight (Dragons). Also Stormheim (Vrykul) and most of underground Highmountain (Drogbar). Northrend is much larger than the Broken isles and has more neutral factions and facilities than Broken Isles. But the Forsaken do get Winterspring and Sholozaar basin too as well as Zul’drak. they take over all the alliance pockets there. there isn’t much faction conflict on Northrend or the broken isles. This is because the forsaken are concentrating most of their attacks on Northern EK, and the night elves on north western Kalimdor in the aims to get their lost territories back. from the alliance and horde respectively.

They could actually simply favour the alliance and give them more on Azeroth, just like they’d given the horde more since TBC…who knows, they could have announced Outland with the exception of Shattrath and Karabor was now all horde, with Orcs and blood elves dominating Hellfire, Zangermarsh, NAgrand, Bladesedte and Netherstorm with the Draenei only remaining in Shattrath/Terokkar and east shadowmoon valley

Blood Elves of Silvermoon don’t have a relation to the Outland though. Outland was horrific when they first went through, so Blood Elves either stay in Quel’Thalas or they get the Well of Eternity. The Horde shouldn’t be deprived a fount of power and the Alliance has 2, directly and indirectly.

The truth is - Blizzard will NEVER satisfy one faction by taking from the other and have the other faction scrapping around for crap.

Also, giving Outland to the Horde without the two main cities is just a slap in the face to Horde fans and feels more like an Alliance bias effort to say “Well Hordies - just roll Alliance then…you stupids.” Your suggestions, I don’t believe, are made in good faith. It is just slapping down the Horde and even taking Quel’Thalas without the Draenei suffering. It’s got to be fair.

At the end of the day, it’s Kalimdor = Horde, EK = Alliance. That means that any neutral factions are gone. Horde gets the Well of Eternity and Mt Hyjal. Alliance gets the Sunwell.

But it doesn’t matter now anyway. BFA is over and hopefully, we do get a Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms Revamp. A Quel’Thalas revamp for Blood Elves is something that is discussed a lot, on social media, the forums, youtube and even in-game…so, it is the WoW fanbase, not even the Blood Elf fanbase, that keeps the Blood Elves in Blizzard’s eye.
I don’t think Blizzard will ever give Quel’Thalas or the Azuremyst Isles to the opposite factions. The former has been asked for by the entire fanbase for such a long time…with the reception of BFA…I don’t think night elf fans can stand on an honest leg and say that Blizzard giving Quel’Thalas to the Alliance would be a good story, not when the Blood Elf fanbase and the WoW fanbase as a whole, has been requesting it; albeit…not for the Blood Elves specifically, but it doesn’t take an idiot to know who they intend it for.

Indeed, I often wonder what things coudl have been if they’d gone ahead with that plan fully.

A shake up is good for dramatic effect and having the world perma changed from classic i think is good. We’ve nnoth ad major terirtorial lines since classic… Also it woudl have been interesting to see how new war campiaigns woudl have been like especially for the displaced groups… presumably Forsaken and Nighte lves would have been badass fighting for their homes after such major defeats, and I think ICC Northrend and Suramar Broken Isles were very suitable new homes too. so despite the great drama and terrible loss, it might have revamped these races, especially night elves who’d bene getting quite the raw deal in wow, especiall y now. The dranssian faction i mean.

Itw ould have triggered a much earlier revamp too, probably had a revamp instead of Shadowlands,.

Wow always seems to set things back to the classic borders. And instead of revamps, they just do new versions. Mechagon is new Gnomeragan, Suramar is new Darnassus, Vindicaar is new Exodar, Boralus is new Stormwind etc etc… and I think they have just gone with that. I think Warfronts were going to be more intensive if the original plan had gone through, they’d go zone by zone and revamp throughout the expansion rather than all at once - all scrapped after all the hate they received .

And it’s ironically, they gave the horde it’s greatest victory ever, with Sylvanans as its greatest hero, having finally managed to conquer kalimdor, adn the hatred for burning civilians like a monster was overwhelming. many of the original horde fan base loved the victory moment, but, most hordies are converted alliance players, playing blood elves who feel very alliancey, and those people don’t do that sort of thing, they were appalled and it did not fele like their horde.

It has messed up the last 3 expansions and cost them so much moeny. this is what you get for favouritism when you should be unbiased and not investing properly in the lore.

You are aware that most Blood Elf players were a-ok with what Sylvanas did and that a lot of people who didn’t like what she was doing mainly consisted of Troll players, primarily because Sylvanas replaced Vol’jin for no good reason.

Also - it was Orcs and Tauren that went against Sylvanas first and we still had a number of blood elf npcs that were “Banshee Loyalists” walking around in chains.

Oh… I got the impression at the time it was the morality of the victory that was greatly disliked. So the flame posts seemed to me from horde posters.

Well again - that whole thing was primarily Orcs and Tauren not agreeing with Sylvanas. It’s why Baine was put to death.

Majority of players support did come from Blood Elf players. I am a Blood Elf player, but I was indifferent.
Blood Elves, in the majority, didn’t swap sides until after they saw what happened to Baine. Until then, it was a distanced and private semi-support. Then, the majority joined with the Orcs, Tauren and Darkspear, which spearheaded the rebellion against Sylvanas.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.