BattleNet Client disconnecting

Hello,

So I’ve just started playing again after a few months break and I’ve been having an issue that occurs in this order.

1. I launched Battle.net and it opens fine.

2. The friends list doesn’t load which I don’t notice initially so I press play to launch WoW and the button fades out as if it was launching and says launching,

3. I press play to launch WoW and the button fades out as if it was launching and says launching.

4. Then the top right the client switches to “Go Online” and tries to connect.

5. The “Launching” becomes opaque again and returns to Play as if the game was closed but it never opened.

6. I repeat steps 3 - 5 a couple of times and it becomes stable and launches WoW.

Now the end result is as if I didn’t have this odd series of unfortunate events occurring, as I get in to WoW eventually but they none the less do occur and I’m wondering if anyone has a resolution so I’m not spam clicking play repeatedly on a feature that should function first time?

Hello Crankvolt!

Please perform the following steps to resolve the problem:

Hi,

I tried all the suggested methods but none worked but I have found a solution.

1. Uninstalled the entire Battle.net client.
  2. Deleted the files in both Program Files (86x) and Program Data
  3. Used CCleaner to have a clean of any residual registries
  4. Reinstalled the Battle.net Desktop app.
1 Like

I seemed to have jumped the gun as my attempt to resolve it be reinstalling has not solved the problem and is now repeating itself again.