BfA was better

Bfa was better

The main issue for me was the dungeons, i dont like a single one of the new dungeons & they ruined world quests, one of my little enjoyments, bfa also had more content to offer, like we got islands to do in season 1 for instance

Only thing thats good in shadowlands are professions, and even then im losing like 30k+ a day just leveling legendaries because the vendor mats costs sooooo much :’ )

1 Like

I really enjoyed BfA at the start but I think I lost interest not long after. I started playing again when flying was available and did enjoy the final patch where invasions came to Uldum and VoEB.

I do miss BfA, but I guess that’s just me looking back at fond memories from the time, not specifically the expansion. I miss all the expansions if I’m being honest, there was something in each that I found enjoyable.

1 Like

I for sure enjoyed it as a newcomer to WoW. Imo a good expansion, even tho I wasn’t really in touch with the story due to the lack of story summary from former expansions ingame.

yes more content in bfa sorry shadowlands fans. if bfa had unpruning it will be close to discussion.

The zones and dungeons in BFA were much better than SL.

1 Like

BFA was much worse than SL imo.

1 Like

Yep. Also BfA dungeons like Shrine and Siege of Boralus were absolute garbage. I really love all SL dungeons. BfA 3/10, SL 6/10

1 Like

Indeed, i will say, i think BFA had some dungeons that were better than the best that SL has to offer, but the lows of BFA dungeons was just way worse than the SL ones as well … TD and SoB come to mind as the lows…

1 Like

I think both are on the same lvl of stupid decisions
but BFA winning for me because it was more Warcraft then Shadowlands is
and there was BoD raid and that was AMAZING
m+ was fun i really was having fun there and FREEHOLD should be template For designing dungeons

2 Likes

to me BFA wasnt better than sl. azerite powers? warfront impossible to lose? RNG?

One important problem in SL imho are the zones.
Little, ugly and filled with useless contless enemies… with a labyrinthic path that just an horror writer could imagine.
The fact SL is not in azeroth is another bad thing: sometimes it seems not to play warcraft but another generic game.

There are many other bad things in SL but some (like Timegating and chores) were in BFA too.

yep it was very good to play as current, the real highlight of expantion

p.s. plus more cinematics which didnt make you cringe like SL ones

1 Like

BFA had some great things; the launch zones were awesome. The World quests were pretty nice, BUT the rewards were lacking and that was mainly because of Azerite power.
The story was okay although much to ‘ripped apart’. I really did not enjoy for instance that the first raid meant absolutely nothing storywise if you played alliance.
Tf was nerfed when compared to Legion, but at least it was still there.

The moment BfA really fell apart for me was with patch 8.3. Worst patch in my memory (yeah selfie patch included - better to add almost nothing than add stuff that actively ruins the game). Visions were horrible, horrible content. Corruption is the single most terrible system they’ve ever added in the game’s entire history. The raid was horrible. They ruined 2 great older zones with ugly tentacles and irritating mechanics.

So yeah… I look at it like this:

I’m having less fun in Shadowlands than I did playing BfA 8.0-8.2.
I’m having more fun in Shadowlands than I did playing BfA 8.3.

1 Like

have the same impression though, on point for me
yes, we play game somewhat differenly, but its nice to see agreement from different parts of the public on something.

1 Like

I agree, but for other reasons than “why was BFA bad?”.

BfA wasn’t a very good expansion, no. Legion was the last time in retail WoW where I had an absolute blast. Azerite grind was blegh, the necklace was boring design, no tier sets, Uldir was a bit boring, azerite powers were weird and you HAD to select your bis ones or you did 20% less dps/healing.

That said I loved the zones, the music, the story, the raids after Uldir (BoD was stellar) and I also liked unlocking my Dark Iron Dwarf. Did I take breaks in between? Absolutely. I felt burned out after Nazjatar and again a few months after the final patch.

In SL I quit 1.5 month after release, which is a new record for me.

• floating zones and story feel disconnected, like Argus did end legion
  • The story makes zero sense and it truly feels that they are making it up on the fly. All the villains are so bland and one-sided they had to retcon LK with anduin.
  • Boreghast
  • Borrowed power getting out of control
  • The Maw as an endgame zone is terrible
  • Everything feels like a chore
  • The dungeons, aside from a few, are just boring

I know maybe this game has reached it’s final stretch but the rewards for all of the above are mediocre at best or non- existent at worst.

2 Likes

Well, because of Korthia, I’m starting to think SL = BFA. I’m being biased by the amount of mandatory chores required for raiding. And shards of dominations should not exist.

1 Like

BfA zones are masterpieces. I miss them, especially Drustvar… The rest of that exp is just as bad as SL.

3 Likes

both the expansions are deeply flawed, but at least BfA didn’t have torghast, possibly the worst implemented piece of content in the game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.