Black character screen after login

sounds like the bandwish is 2 busy , and will apear eventully , just need to wait i guess , randomly how long beacuse all use differents realms and the database has a really hardtime i can imagin now! patience and just wait :smiley: , (same goes for me , but my friend who sits beside me could login after waited abit on the black screen while me still waiting ā€¦ xD

Same problem

Guess whatā€¦
Same problem here :expressionless:

FIXED: Stay logged in the character screen. DO NOT LOG OUT.
My issue fixed itself after about 10 mins waiting.

1 Like

Yeah same here , just need wait ā€œat the black screenā€ and hopefully it will not take that long time ! Solved

Yes, this works. Still surely ā€¦ like someone else said earlier this is 2020 not 2005! What are they on about?!

cool, now i canā€™t see half my interface :smiley:

So are we juts supposed to wait a few days until this all gets sorted??

If this is on pre-patch, hate to think what actual launch will be like!!

Confirmed, worked for me to wait. Just choose the character you want to play on carefully, because the load time is atrocious.

Game disconnected me, then I logged in right away and got in queue and then got the same black screen thing, waited about 5+mins after closing game. Yesterday I got the same that it didnā€™t find characters at all, but now it didnā€™t find and got the black screen, will try wait 10mins now

same issue ā€¦

Yup - can confirm what guy says above, if you LEAVE the character screen open, on the black/blank screen, it WILL load your characters after a GOOD (i mean a good 10-15min) mines just worked.

Im now in game, but remember, dont keep ā€œalt tabbedā€ - itll count as ā€œnot activeā€ on main menu, and kick you to login screen, you gotta keep going in, wave mouse about, let the game think you are messing around with your characters, then it will load after 10min.

Why is there a new problem every day for logins, this is just hell.
Pre-ordering and actally losing days we have paid for makes me just want a refund.

Considering they should really be ready for this, years of doing i.

Same for meā€¦ :persevere:

Can we get a 24h refund? I mean we pay the time that we canā€™t play. Probably thats in the EULA etc. but it would be nice from them to do thatā€¦

Yeah Iā€™ve got that now too, logged out to log another toon in after the texture issue was fixed, entered world got stuck on 90% loading screen so alt-f4 out.

Logged back in and I get the black screen with just select realm option showing.

If it ainā€™t one thingā€¦

I actually started to hate them. With all my heart. I just completely hate them. They only have excuses, and the only thing they keep saying is that they are investigating the issue, not fixing it. Im done. I never ever hated anyone, till now. Im sorry to say this, but its no wonder that Activison will close them down in France. They have shown how incompetent they are, time and time again.

3 Likes

In 'murrica, they can wave you away with an EULA. In the communist EU, we got ourselves the ECC network. Put a ticket in, wait for reply, then make a complaint with the local office of the ECC NET in your country. In the EU, promising a working service and then not delivering ends in fines for dishonest businesses.

2 Likes

Same here, just woke up and no characters showing on silvermoon.

1 Like

Same here. At first I also had a graphics card driver issue but after I updated that the black screen still appears after logging in. Previously the characters have appeared after like 10 minutes or so.

1 Like