Blizzard Address Shadow Priest In The War Within

So necrolord is the go to next patch only due to pallid command which makes the other covenants lack behind far.

hope for the next expack blizzard works on shadows independence of aoe rather than borrow systems.

My problem with searing nightmare is how much ramp up time it takes, and then you need to stand still and channel to cast it. Feels clunky. So many other classes do big aoe damage just by pressing one button, spriest feels like a handicapped spec.

compare to any instant aoe its a joke and most of the time you only get two shots out while other classes can freely dish out how much aoe they want.

A monk tank can do 56k aoe in a single pull without getting any waiting time for it.

I have been playing shadow and the AoE is fine. It has the same issues as last expansion. You AoE a mob and if it dies well that sucks. With SN this is made worse because if you cant channel mind sear then you cant mash SN. Full Insanity the AoE is nice. In a group this is not really a problem.

An instant 56k AoE really did make me think of this:

1 Like

Could always been done better. To look similar to what the other classes that has more of the flavor of aoe to carry them self has.

I have been playing shadow priest and dps ST or MT is not my first complaint.

Many of you don’t seem to realize that there’s a reason why they made shadow’s AOE unplayable for most players. They don’t actually want people playing shadow in m+. They want to force more priests into healing to solve the healer shortage. If you think this sounds crazy and Blizzard would never do something like this then just remember the “we don’t want you to play demo” fiasco.

Is that a reason they put focus in to a passive ability in a tier that is unplayble in m+ and raids where you need to move. ?

They think fixing passive ability like mind blast spam instead of giving us some relevant aoe spells is the way to go, which wont end well. Sloppy joe fixing if you ask me. :no_mouth:

Holy priest is a joke at the moment healing in general as a priest is unplayble boring.

we will see how much better the other dps classes gets in 9.2 ahead of shadow which is a rather dead class at the moment.

agree 9.2 wasn’t that impressive.

Blizzard

Shadow priest is very sensetive so you have to be CAREFUL with what you are doing, it goes wrong when you change something so did you, the devs. It makes much harder for shadow priest to join any group M+, this is so bad, really bad. Wake up and make it better quick! If you could think twice before you do and I am dead tired of you Blizzard.

I quite agree their quick fixing stuff that is not major thing for shadow priest gameplay. makes the playstyle quite boring, this passive quick fix isn’t help a tiny bit even. Still mage hunters shamans warriors doing even more damage now when 9.2 hit-

I can decode this for everyone, they just want to be top in logs.

When will you address the problem of not having searing nightmare as baseline or our lvl 30 row is a big joke up to the point you can’t play without it and with it set bonus is a gimmick towards the point if i starting to wonder if you really care about class balance at all.

Fix your game for the next expack try to not screw up the talent build for shadow as you did this expansion. Shadowlands was a horrible joke to what shadow priest used to be as a dps class. Also Holy is a joke of a healer. But I will stick to the topic you haven’t done nothing to pad the wrong in the specialization of shadow when will you do it? you’ve had two years still nothing, you pad with a tier set that is a majority of a joke. When will you be able to dps while doing searing nightmare and send of mindblast spam at the same time ?

Blizzard you can do better than this here’s hoping the next rework of shadow in 10.0 is better than this lvl 30 row gimmick.

2 Likes

Proves it blizzard Has lost interest on you priests shadow people XD haha

2 Likes

never expected them to care in the first place. :wink: 3 years of nothingness

1 Like

According to logs shadow priest is not bad. But I can agree on that the dev team for shadow lands shouldn’t be happy with the current state of the difficulty of shadows dps is compared to other specs. Fights such as Anduin Is nothing you can compare you self with against other specs, because its just a padding fight then on cleave fights with 3 -5 adds shadow falls of due to lack of quality stuff which other classes has.

I think the dev team will reconstruct shadow totally in 10.0 they have to.

Wasn’t there something about the priest class designer, saying that the spec only got a quick “FIX”, and that more couldn’t be done because they didn’t start designing it till late mid beta, but a larger rework would come 10.0?

I think they were thinking about remaking it during shadowlands, but they had the time against them so they had to take shortcuts and this was the product we ended up with.
But! Yes, blizzard stated they would actually rework shadow away from Void Form and In to a solid dps specc.

But I believe it when we see #some Changes!

If for any comfort the dev team working on shadowlands shadow priest were fired away from world of Warcraft

Problem with shadow at the moment is their Passive mastery Dark Though which makes mind blast instant and free cast that passive benefit nothing towards the class it self because you have to control your pet while doing mind sear and searing nightmare and dotting which makes the class hectic and unplayable if not on par with a Calculator next to you.

The 2 peice tier is sadly not beneficial for any aoe play
The 4 peice tier makes it abit more dps but still you fall off on 2-5 cleave adds fights due to mind sear and searing nightmare don’t scale below 12 adds very well.

And blizzard legendary nerf hammer is on par with a jam sandwitchbox barely they try to fix the main problem which makes the other classes overturned in small fight aoe compared to shadow priest.

But on logs which mainly blizzard gather their sources on these days. It states shadow priest is fine which some agree with and some don’t.

1 Like

blizzard don’t see problems they only see the top people and buff the bottom people in to playing an already hard specc harder. I think shadow is the hardest complicated specc out there and it used to be better than it is today 7 years ago.

Wonder what they will nerf us in towards in 10.0. Am already waiting for the new expack since shadow stinks in this expack, they gave up on us at the start of the expack.