Blizzard Address Shadow Priest In The War Within

Yes I know. But to be fair I can manage 3.5 to 4.2 maybe a little higher overall dmg. But the rotation for dungeon is no fun. The single target is somewhat ok but they need to tune it in my opinion. Maybe make a legendary that is good?

I mean… shadow’s single target is some of the best in the game right now so…

1 Like

they should make SN baseline already and a new lvl 30 talent

Yes I agree that shadow single target is strong! I think it feels a little clunky to play sometimes.

I really wish they add a way to spread and keep all dots up on all target. And let you send shadow apperation out to all target. And they should add retargeting on the apperation that don’t make it.

compared to affliction we might as well be a sub rogue dps wise :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I mean… most affliction parses have our PI. Shadow has a LOT of single target if they just get to use it all for themselves, this char sims about 7k, even with these terrible shoulders.

1 Like

What talents and stats do you have? And what roatation do you use? I tried shadow in raid last night and it was sad.

haste haste haste only haste

2 Likes

I think what they need to do is make Vampric touch instant cast (maybe replace the 15 talents) also put Shadowy Apparition back on shadow word pain. Also with Shadowy Apparition talent but increase the dmg on that again, maybe to 30% like in pre patch. also how good would it be if they could make a talent to make mind blast instant cast again like before. Also i wish our body and soul talent is baseline, so little movement then replace that talent with something like Vampric touch and DP healing is increased by extra %, Shadow crash is boring and dull, i would fine Cascade or even Divine Star be better and fun.
There’s options but never happens, atm shadow priest does feel a bit lackluster also i think even a dot class, our dots arent very impactful. only DP is.

this i can agree with they should also make [Twist of Fate] a passive for shadow

Ppl really wish a lot…if everything would become true we become a /dance instant spammer with nothing to care about. Be real please…not every spell needs to be reworked to just become brainless. Its ok to not have another fire mage specc.

The only thing thats needed baseline is searing nightmare or anything to aoe nuke at least a little bit. Back in time where dots really could hit some good dmg we wouldnt need it, but actually only DP deals noticable damage as dot and its just ST.

All in all im fine with shadow priest and really fun to play in raids. In m+ im struggling a bit to say “i have a lot of fun” because spamming searing nightmare really feels not so good.

Ask mr robot says that as well. If you want to do multi target damage. Haste is best. Single target mastery. It could have changed. I am not a SP, did the sims months ago.

bit hard when all you get is versatilitedty from the cloth gear not haste 7th item :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is oddly enough true, it really does feel like there’s versa on 90% of gear

3 Likes

yee :slight_smile: the stats team aint kind

2 Likes

Or change SN to apply VT instead of SW:P
Also Mind Sear and SN have 20 targets soft cap, it could be lowered if buffed

Good news is that Shadow Priest has some uses in MDI. Bad news is that he is a PI and cooldown reduction via Night Fae bot for Fire mages (Combustion) doing 15k dps. He is literally a glorified 3rd and 4th mage trinket.

It’s hilarious (and sad) that you need to spec out of single target to get non-zero aoe and even then it’s mediocre.

1 Like

my point proven blizzard didn’t touch shadow this season just created more problems.

I agree on that [Power Infusion] should only be a self cast not a cast on other classes means people can cheese mechanics having [Power Infusion] cast on the same guy 6 times blizzard should address this and buff mind sear and searing nightmare. and remake half shadows legendry’s while they are at it

3 Likes

It’s so idiotic to me that SN is a talent to begin with. Why the hell is our only AoE spender locked behind a talent? Imagine they put starfall as a talent into the slot where stellar drift is. Can you imagine the screeching from all the boomkins? Let’s not even talk about how clunky SN is to use and how little damage it does outside of big stacks of mobs that stay stacked.

Either way I’d love to see some ST nerfs for SP since we’re so dominant currently and without those we’ll quickly scale out of proportion in the upcoming patch(es). Instead I’d love if they made dots/spirits do meaningful damage again and keep us as multidot/cleave gods like we were.

As for M+, I run taldabards, misery + link and while it’s not optimal it still pumps really well in keys of 14-17 range. Especially ToP and Spires are bis dungeons for that build since you’d never run SN there to begin with. I just refuse to play it unless we need AoE for DoS Dealer area / SD gauntlet since it’s just so bad to play with.

2 Likes