Blizzard asked me why did I unsub the game?

Sounds like you need a single player game if you don’t want to rely on others.
Why are you even playing an mmo?

Because everyone is convinced they’re the main character thanks to retail narrative pandering.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for your comment… Champion.

proceeds to give you ali-express knock-off of Doom Hammer

Oh really then I must have misread all those iddle dialogues where NPCs resting in Warsong Hold go out to cheer out because our character is there, the quest where fockmothering Saurfang goes out of his way and behind Garrosh’s back to save us when we’re sent on suicidal mission and then another where the same Saurfang personally sending us a letter wanting us to aid his son during the attack on wrathgate?

Wrath went hard on shifting PC from just a random adventure to recognized hero that would for many be an important asset in winning the war against the scourge.

Wrath saw the lowest player-base grown in the expansion. Even going into Cata, the “new exp hype” didn’t bump the numbers up.

All the player growth happened in Classic and TBC. Wrath was the “peak” but also didn’t grow the game much. After that, collapse of sub count.

Edit*

My point being that single player narrative is terrible in a multiplayer focuses game if your main forms of content are group raids or PVP. Which WoW is.

FF14 can get away with it because it’s basically just a single player game with tons of social and casual players. WoW on the other hand tries to push raiding as “the game”.

No denying that. I just disagree it was post Wrath times and later expacs that made Player Character into a bigshot in universe

edit as well

Ok I can see where you’re coming from but honestly general design of WoW kinda discourages people from questing in group in general. Cutting experience from everyone in a party if player who’s even slightly too strong kills a mob makes it awkward to use during casual group leveling, gather quests take longer since nodes are part of the world operating on first come first serve and don’t get me started looting quests. I still remember two in Zul’whatever in Tanaris where due to my terrible luck I i was still nowhere close to doing the quest after clearing all the mobs in there.

Wrath Acknowledged the players as being more than a grunt.

They didn’t pretend they where the same as a faction leader.

Still… The slippery slope started in wrath.

Not wrong. But over time our character started grabbing even more accolades. Taking down Kil’jaden, taking down Lich King and Malygos, Taking down Deathwing, Putting end to Garrosh, Defeating the Iron Horde etc. Now the issue do start showing up when they introduce new starting points like Cataclysm or BfA (or was it Shadowlands that did it?) And need to put said rookie on same level as “established heroes”

You’re an elite solider. Raids, in my eyes, represent hundreds or thousands of soldiers attacking. You are one of many but not the only one.

If only writing saw it as such. I mean when you think of it… Even early quest writing never really takes too much time to accommodate for groups. You’re the one basically doing all the work to conquer the Hillsbrad, You’re the one to kill Scarlet Crusade Leadership etc.

If the game was literal, any faction leader could walk through any part of the world and 1v1million people. The quests can’t be real and must represent something else, like a hundred people doing a hundred similar tasks… not 1 player saving the world.

Real life threats eh?

“I have to play with others in a MMORPG so i quit” okey.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.