Blizzard is lying to us in PvP?

Have you guys seen Cdew’s clip about dmg in arena? There is a guy with 73k hp, he does 180k + dmg and the enemy still alive. I assume that guy screen doesn’t show 180k then… The game literally programmed to lie to you. It’s outrageous at minimum.

1 Like

Noticed this the minute I couldn’t clap fresh max level characters etc etc.

I can be totally wrong here but i’m assuming since BFA or even Legion in PvP abilities deal fixed % of enemy hp modified by secondary stats (maybe by main stat also), so guy with best possible PvE gear cannot 1 shot fresh 120, but i repeat i can be totally wrong.

Isn’t that just the notorous “scaling”?

When player A deals damage to player B, the game server adjusts the damage dealt by a coefficient computed from player A character level, player A equipment item level, player B character level and player B equipment item level.

If player A and player B are both level 120 and have exactly the same item level in every equipment slot, then the scaling coefficient is 1 and no scaling occurs.

Otherwise, damage scaling will occur and player A will see unscaled damage in his combat log whereas player B will see the scaled damage in his combat log.

The scaling coefficient can be determined by dividing the damage seen by player B by the damage seen by player A .

First of all, i think this system is stupid. I rather have a stat that only PvP gear gives you than this. Also, i hate getting lied to. We can talk about this system, but the game is literally lying to you. It’s a terrible system. They need to fix it in Shadowlands. Either show you the correct number or just remove this BS.

Yes, thus violating the consistency rule. It’s really a shame they resorted to doing this because they gave up on proper balancing attempts.

All spells might as well be in % for pvp purposes since those numbers don’t mean anything anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, but 180k is like two or three seconds of my current burst damage (if Corruption procs) and I wouldn’t expect anyone to die after just 2 seconds of PVP.

Paladin all about burst, and people have 550-600k HP. Let that 180k be true 180k, and not 25k in their screen. But that’s just me.

The problem with this system is an obvious one that should not have made it into a beta stage:

Some gear sucks.

This means that if i have 475 of all the worst gear in the game, i will get destroyed by someone with 430 with the best stats available…

You cannot use scaling in pvp effectively for this reason as it forces you out of the game to determine what you need to do to even do 1 point of damage to an enemy. (and yes it is literally that bad right now)

Yes I was outraged by this as well when I found out. There’s so many hidden mechanics and stealth nerfs put in place on a class, even spec basis that you feel like it’s all a bunch of s2hit you have no control over. Blizzard is retnarded asf uck

btw nobody even cares enough to say that everyone responsible for wow atm should be replaced, starting with Ion

Its really stupid.

I many times look “guy has 200k hp left” boom boom i did two crits 80k+80k, let me finish with my trinket, and then he actually still has like 120k hp left.

I really wonder who had these “genius” ideas in blizzard development team.

Separating the random/epic bg’s into two versions could be something for them to test.
First option would be a templated bg finder. Everyone has the same stats, only differences are talents gear abilities etc.
Whilst the other is just raw gear based. Anything goes.

It’s a brilliant idea. And I mean it. No sarcasm here. Really no sarcasm.

I even suggested this before. Did not know they already implemented it.

this topic is a year late to the party, this is already known for a long time

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.