Blizzard should gate features behind player power, not time spent farming

you are only semi right

although playerbase was growing even blizzard confirmed back in cata that over 100 mln tried and quit game.

i can speak whatever i want and so can you

some people are sick true - mostly people who just want to log in to raid and log out imidiately after raid - this is the group that doesnt like grinds

but silent majority who never visits forums plays the game and enjoy those grinds.

we see game very differently and its ok

but just wait for what will be happening in SL on those forums - the same people who whined about having nothing to do in cata/mop/wod will be back in force whining that they have nothing to do in game.

will be hillarius to watch

i want to remind you 1 thing - on launch streamers like Preach were saying how glorius WoD was.

WoD

how it ended up we all know

Yes that was my point :wink: you can say what you like but not what other players want.

1 Like

Much crabs you can throw at WoD, but the leveling aspect has always been seen as the one positive part of WoD. Other than that though? not so much.

Pugged a +15 today and I just looked at the people signing up for the key. Some person were 479 ilvl with 12/12 normal nyalotha cleared and 2 timed 15 keys. Now I know ilvl doesnt say anything but still. Blizzard is really throwing items at people that havent done anything ingame.

1 Like

I’m a lover of grinds, but a grind has to have a goal. It cannot be endless. Once you reach that goal, you move onto another grind, of course. In Lineage 2, I spent 4 hours running in circles killing the exact same 10 spiders and porting to town every hour to refresh my buffs. And I had fun. But the reason I had fun is that I knew why I was doing this, I was pursuing a specific reward that wasn’t tied to RNG. I did that for 3 days, 4 hours each - walk to tarantula spawn point, run aroudn for an hour, port back, refresh buffs, walk to tarantulas again. And I wasn’t bored of doing it. I enjoy this type of thing. But it has to have a point, a goal. Farming paragon reputations isn’t fun partly because it is endless. You don’t farm paragon reps for a specific reward, you do it for the injection of resources and maybe a chance that the slot machine will be good to you. You can’t really have a fun long-term grind where the reward at the end is rng as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.