Call me Ishmael

I see the trading post more as a apology from blizz for being too greedy with hiding all good unique tmogs behind real life money for a long time. Because after all a pay2play game with expansions and subscription should have these things ingame

I think the Trading Post was introduced as a customer retention scheme.
It’s a way to entice people to subscribe each and every month, because if you don’t, then you miss out on the monthly Trading Post rewards.
It’s a subtle loyalty program.

And like I said earlier, then Blizzard don’t seem to take any business strategies out of WoW, they only introduce new ones.
It piles up.
And the Trading Post is also just adding to the pile.

So no, I don’t think that. I think Blizzard will be more and more aggressive with new offers, cross-promotions, discounts, and so on. Alongside having the Trading Post.

Customer retention and profit maximization, that seems to be the name of the game.

2 Likes

I can’t find anything wrong with all the sales since they don’t sell items that makes you more powerful.

What is the meaning of the post? What i’m missing?

1 Like

because its absurd concidering how much people already pay for the game. Yet in the past alot of unique and good looking mounts or tmogs were hidden behind a 6 month subscription or the store. A game wich not only is pay2play but also has a subscription should have the good stuff ingame already and not hidden behind a paywall.

If the game was free2play then they could go crazy with all these store things. but it doesnt belong in a game wich already costs this much to play

And that worked out tremendously didnt it
 The distaste and player feedback that got.
It might be true that this is a ‘‘Sorry we effed up’’ service
 But i dont think blizzard just expect us to be this easily pleased and just backtrack to those old ways that easily.

And if they do we would all notice and get just as pissed again.

Same as I said to Oldman
 I believe the above. They practiced this for years and it backfired hard
 And it will again. As long as we stay sharp about this kind of stuff

I don’t think they will try that stuff again.

Well I wrote it as I sat in my chair reflecting on the recently announced Amazon Prime cross-promotional offer, and I found myself drawn to a parallel between Blizzard’s increasingly aggressive business strategies and Herman Melville’s classic tale of Moby Dick and Captain Ahab’s all-consuming hunt for the great white whale.

1 Like

Ok Ishmael.

3 Likes

It very much applies to the trading post too indeed. The I guess, silver lining (low quality rusty old copper in this case
), of the trading post is that we’re at least doing some sort of content to earn things. Nothing special about it. I’ve barely looked at the activities and got both monthly rewards simply by doing what I usually do, m+, raid, some solo content etc. I guess that was the point of it. Wouldn’t say it feels rewarding, it’s more of a “thanks I guess?” feeling.

In 10 months, seeing all of the elves everywhere becoming wardens all at once, will be an odd sight.

Read some of the other answers, not just OP.

1 Like

Skullfox has had too much Voldunshine to keep replying to this thread (12 hours reply cd) Everybody has a free reply chance without worrying about me! >< ZzzzZZZZzzz
!

1 Like

Once in a blue moon they make cool sets for certain classes and they are almost always locked behind 1 % content like Mythic Raiding or elite PvP (granted, the latter one has been lowered to 1800 rating)

I very much liked when they added the recolor of tier set as reward for Mage Tower. They should add more stuff like that with pure cosmetic rewards, so people don’t feel obligated to do it because of player power (cough Torghast)

Your taste in aesthetics has to do with having more pixels. I am sorry, but this says everything about your view of transmog or art in general. Yes calling modern transmog Adidas is an insult. It was meant to be an insult to outfits which offend my very eyes.

The art style of WoW has been atrocious since BFA. I am a leftwing hippie, traaaaans rights and all that. That being said, whoever was behind the art style for Dracthyr has a worse aesthetic taste than a random Italian person picked off the street. Music has also been a massive disappointment.

I’ve read many of your posts. I thought some were interesting and very much had valid points. The net result from reading your forum interactions, very much tells me that you really don’t enjoy the game at all in its current state.

I’m sure you’ll have some very long and complicated reason.

So I’m just leaving this here for you.

Imgur

I do very much love WoW though. But breaks are healthy. :slight_smile:

Sorry was replying to Zhujiang, didn’t mean to direct it to you.

But I would agree to that too, breaks are healthy, I’ve definitely taken some.

Preach sister!

Yea they squeeze the whales.

And the whales squeak with pleasure when they get squeezed.

Is it any wonder they do it?

OCD peeps that RAF themselves to get a +1 to the pony tab. Can’t blame blizz for parting fools and their money.

People can do what they want with their money.

It’s just things in capitalism running their natural cause.

It’ll probably get worse as all things have or hit the “badness ceiling” become the worst version of itself that can still make a profit.

The latter will be considered a successful business model, and we will all be a little less (of everything) for it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.