Can a Retribution Paladin be a part of main raid teams as a DPS?

Yes.
They have awesome aoe.
They survive.
I think they do more damage if team members die.
They are indispensable at some fights ( ashvane ).

Do they deserve a non burst constant st buff? Yes they do. But in no means are they not great to have in any raid composition.

Thats’s the issue. Blizzard said they don’t balance ret around retribution passive, but it’s wrong. Most of ret Paladin are asking to straight out remove that and buff our damages.

I used to heal raids with that trait and light of dawn, and that is basically all i had to do to challenge the other healers.

You put it on Retri and you have a stupidly high amount of bonus raid healing, it’s nerfed on protection because you get half the judgement cooldown.

Is that buff seriously still a thing!?

How the hell has That thing survived the pruning. Blizzard needs to wake the hell up.

I don’t think Blizzard will buff rets in trade though, the likelyhood is it isn’t balanced around. They’re just terrible at balancing Ret.

It is. That’s why we perform great on the first and second week of progress, as people die more often than farming (Obviously). Once people are used to mechanics, we then fall hard.

I dunno.

Some classes, seem to just inevitably be good and i think there is a Reason for that, blizzard has not hidden the fact they’re more then happy to allow classes to completely outclass one another

for example, i garuntee we dont see Nerfs to outlaw to compensate the passive DPS poisons will bring to them.

The DPS Charts for a Majority of classes just havent changed in the Slightest… The same classes which suffered Last expansion Suffer now while the same classes that thrived are still thriving.

and before someone mentions Monks DPS etc etc in antorus and things… we all knew that was down to their tier set alone… and prior that they sucked for 2 Raid tiers.

for example, everytime Arms is higher DPS then fury it gets unquestionably nerfed. Same with Survival hunters.

its as if Blizzard are Weirdly tunneling players into 4 or 5 different classes or atleast attempting to, but abandoning over half the classes.

the same classes are must picks every expansion/patch and the same classes are Providing accurate reasons to needing buffs every expansion/path. and while their “Cautious” with buffs with some classes they’ll wildly throw them at others.

Yes /10 char

It’s a balance issue. It’s not easy to balance classes trying to make them viable in both pve and pvp without making one of this aspects OP or entirely broken.
As a paladin i know that ret base dmg can’t be buffed that much because then with wings we will be too powerful in pvp.

Plus every time they release a new class or spec, that has to be fotm or people won’t be interested in play (and potentially resub or sub longer)

That said, it’s a not a justification for a bad job. They have the resources, they pruned classes to the bare minimum, i’m expecting a solid balancing job to happen.

That’s said.

Aslong as you give me the mana buff when healing or kings when tanking then yes

well thats very true :P… but i meant in a such with the fact the SAME Classes are maintained at the top, while the SAME classes are maintained at the bottom.

and while we talk about pvp. are you forgetting they can nerf things in pvp entirely seperate to PvE now?.. they can Nerf its damage in PvP while buffing it in pve, thats something they’ve been doing for a while, they just have never cared incase they accidently make a Class that isnt susposed to be meta become meta.

its not hidden fact, that they’ve Ensured rogues are Meta. they arent new, they have a Established Playerbase… but they have kept rogues ontop for 2 expansions now.

I want to hope paladins become more viable in the future. but i cant really see it happening, Rebaselining things to class etc etc, will mean the Ret paladins more likely to get better at healing and Taking damage… which will actually p[ush against it as it’ll then be Nerfed DPS Wise to make up for that. which will bleed into PvE Meta.

but i guess u never know they may suprise us

True but not everything is just numbers in term of balance.
Movements, core mechanics, buff combinations etc. There is a lot to balance, but having a 10k or more gap between class A and class B is unacceptable.

Once upon a time, PvP had a different balance than in PvE…

once upon a time there was also the concept for many classes to have dedicated pve/pvp specs, something that is gone now in favour of what are supposedly equal result across any spec you may like.

Probably, I main our GM is a ret, though that could be a special case. I don’t see a problem with rets though, although they do seem a little RNG dependent. Anyway, unless you’re going for Hall of Fame there’s no need to be so careful with what dps specs your raid has: as long as there is enough utility and dps going out, mythic raiding is all about the player and not the class.

Still, melee spot is really expensive on BFA, so if you wanna bring a melee, you better choose the best.

I miss All PvP gear and PvP stats…
Yes, we should have dedicated PvP spec back.

Paladins lack a second specc for pvp tho. atleast DPS Wise xD

although i do agree, Balance has only gotten worse Since this attempt at making “All Speccs work in PvE and PvP”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.