Cannot Upgrade A Battle Pet

I cannot upgrade my level one battle pet with Flawless Battle-Stone. What should I do?

P.S. I am at Turalyon.

Are you definitely targeting your battlepet and have it summoned out with you ?

The stone usage process seems unintuitive ro at least some people. And I can see why you might expect to be able to upgrade the pet by clicking its entry in your roster list, but that doesn’t work.

Do this, exactly:

1. Summon your pet.

2. Left-Click your pet to target it.

3. Right-click your yellow Flawless Battle-Training Stone.
2 Likes

My stone is blue Flawless Battle-Stone.

funny how u can get pets to level 25 without doing any b pet battles :rofl:

Blue stones upgrade the QUALITY of a pet, not its LEVEL.

Yellow (also Green and Purple) upgrades level.
Blue pgrades Quality.

If your pet is already Blue (=Rare) Quality, a Blue stone will do nothing.

This video is an excellent beginners’ tutorial for pets. Be aware, it doesn’t sound dense, but it is; there’s a LOT of information in there!

3 Likes

You can get ONE pet to 25 without doing any battles. That’s from the Purple Ultimate Stone you get with a Level 3 Garrison.

Green and Yellow (and any subsequent Purple) stones are only given for completing pet battles. So, you do a pet battle quest, get Charms as a reward, spend your Charms on a Yellow stone. It’s actually not an efficient way to level pets, but if you are doing WQ, you do get Charms, so might as well use 'em! :stuck_out_tongue:

Where can I loot yellow, green, or purple stones?

There’s a vendor in the Hall of Curiosities, in Oribos.

You’ll need the battlepet charms to buy the stones ofc, think the purple one is 65 charms iirc.

1 Like

Where can I get Polished Pet Charms?

Hawkh is corrrect.

You can’t loot Yellow, Green, or Purple Stones. Very rarely, they can drop as a bonus from a pet battle - maybe 1% chance. Sometimes, they are rewards from Pet World Quests. But mostly, you can buy them with Charms. How do you get Charms? Do Pet World Quests.

It is possible to do Pet World Quests in BfA and Shadowlands with Level 1 pets. You could buy a few cheap Level 1s at the Auction House and try, if you like.

Where can I do Pet World Quests?

I see you stukk haven’t joined a Covenant.

I explained what you need to do to get going in Shadowlands in reply to your dirst post, here: New to WoW or Returning After a Long Break? - #4 by Gráinne-earthen-ring

When you join a Covenant, World Quests will appear on your map.

2 Likes

I am a loner and cannot do those quests on my own.

this was really helpful thx

1 Like

i think you can do those quests even if you are solo.

What specific quest is blocking you? All those quests are designd to be done alone.

This link is very good.

I already knew quite a lot of it, but still found information I had not picked up on before.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.