Cataclysm Classic Hotfixes - 9 September

Please remove the requirement to have engineering in order to use nitro boost. We’re all forced to have Engineering because of it.

I’m frustrated by these decisions. It’s annoying that Nitro Boost can still fail in raids and provide a boost, while in PvP, where skill is crucial, a failed Nitro Boost can ruin your chances.

Are there really experts making these decisions, or is it just arbitrary? Does the community genuinely want this? Show me the report that justifies this need and how much support it had. There are numerous topics about broken classes with many responses, yet you remain silent about them. After a month of silence, you come up with a few rows of useless fixes. Please address these issues.

2 Likes

Are you gonna implement the “bad luck protection” to archaeology?

2 Likes

June 3, 2024

Cataclysm Classic

• Honor rewards from completing a random battleground or a holiday battleground have been increased by 100%.
  • Fixed an issue with Admiral Ripsnarl’s visual effect.
  • Fixed a bug preventing the completion of the achievement Acrocalypse Now.
  • Priest
    • Atonement healing will now de-prioritize pets, and will only heal them if their health is very low compared to available player targets. It will treat them as if their health percentage is 50% higher when evaluating targets.
    • Fixed an issue with Shadowy Apparitions that prevented them from being summoned under certain circumstances.
  • Shaman
    • Fixed a problem with Precision where it was granting an unintended additional 1/2/3% chance to hit.

Legacy PVP gear is still not transmoggable, neither are any replica npc’s there or the promised possibility to tmog the set without the replica npc’s…

1 Like

Please note: Warglaives are still not able to be transmogged even though legendary transmog was added as a cata feature.

Nothing else is fixed, apart that one line in post, fun times.

Conquest cap is still 4000

June 5, 2024

Cataclysm Classic

• Fixed a bug in Conclave of Wind where a player dying could lead to Nezir dropping no loot.
  • Druid
    • Clearcasting will no longer be consumed by Nourish.
      • Developers’ notes: This mirrors a change that was originally made in patch 4.0.3a. Nourish is a low cost heal and is intended to be a filler spell. It simply doesn’t feel good to be casting Nourish and have Clearcasting go off, and then spend it on the incoming Nourish.
  • Paladin
    • Fixed an issue where Paladins could start Arena matches with Inquisition or more than 0 Holy Power.
1 Like

Are you going to say anything about the nerf to Boomkins? Is nerfing bottom-of-the-pack DPS without any thought the approach you want to be taking in Cata Classic? I understand Sunkin needed the nerf, but in what world is the right approach nerfing regular Boomkin rotation?

Where transmogable vanilla pvp gear without rank? Halo Blizz?

3 Likes

June 6, 2024

Cataclysm Classic

• Fixed an issue that could cause the Brutal and Focused Assault debuffs in Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks to become misaligned.
  • Fixed an issue preventing some players from seeing the Siege Tank during “Battlezone” after reconnecting from a disconnect.

Linxy, what about the Chaos Orbs? it’s really unfair that everyone can need on them without even “needing” them. I know people with 20 of them in their bags and nothing that they can use them for. Me, on the other hand with tailoring + engineering i barely got few in the hundreds of dungeons that I’ive done. This is really messed up and I hope you have a fix for this because by the time ZA/ZG comes out and you make them BoE it’s too late . Not impressed so far with this change. Why not leaving it as it was ? Only if you have a crafting profession you could need them.

Bro you get what you deserve before the relase those orbs where tradeable in auction house. And people cried about it and wanted it as bind on pick.
Now deal with it that people will ninja those period. Especially since there are professions that can sell those orbs lol

Do you even read or just the first 5 words ? I said people need on them without having any use. I’m fine with them being BOP. But when an 85 fully intelect gemmed warrior needs it because he needs on anything it’s where I’m going at. Make it that only people with crafting profesions can need them and that works well for everyone. “lol”

You didn’t read my comment at all you even confirmed my point.
You are fine with BOP, so deal with it that the fully intellect gemmed warrior that I never saw in my life will need on it.
Even if he has no Profession deal with it!
And I want everyone to just Ninja loot those Orbs from those fools that voted for BOP.
I bet the intellect warrior will soon level some professions :wink:
So in Theory everyone needs these Orbs so cope mald and seethe.

If he needs on everything and you didn’t kick him before last boss, that’s on you.

June 11, 2024

Cataclysm Classic

• Valor Points will now behave like Conquest and the current weekly cap will be replaced with a rolling seasonal cap.
    • Developer’s note: If you’ve missed any Valor Points in previous weeks since Cataclysm Classic launched, you’ll now be able to catch up from those weeks.
  • There is no longer a cap to the number of times you may earn Valor Points from Random Dungeon Finder each week, up to your normal Valor Points cap.
  • The Hood of Malefic wing affect should work once again.
  • Fixed an issue where the Wrack spell during the Sinestra fight could cause your game to freeze and crash.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Staff of Disintegration from working to help you in the Tempest Keep Kael’Thas encounter.
  • Rotten to the Core is now granted properly after completing the achievement.
  • Darkmoon Faire
    • Starting this weekend, Darkmoon Faire will become available every two weeks, instead of once a month.
  • Hunter
    • Scatter Shot will now correctly break if the target takes damage and it is absorbed.
  • Mage
    • Fixed an issue with Living Bomb behaving incorrectly when refreshed on multiple targets.
    • Pyromaniac now counts Ignite as a damage over time effect.
  • Paladin
    • Hand of Sacrifice will now correctly break Scatter Shot and Dragon’s Breath when damage is transferred to the crowd-controlled Paladin.
  • Priest
    • Prayer of Mending bounces will no longer interrupt the casting Priest’s drinks.
    • Chakra will no longer be canceled if a Prayer of Mending bounces that you had cast before you applied Chakra.

What about the Bots? Its insane what going on ingame. Tickets NEVER answered, Bugreports exactly the same… Bots when reported nothing was done. Any private server starting to be better then the original. Clap Clap

Hi Linxy, the The Hood of Malefic wing affect is not working as it originally did in TBC, the wing affect triggered randomly in the original design, currently it’s triggered only when the character jumps, furthermore when the current wing animation appears, it does not display the full animation in the original design where wings flap, currently they just spawn without any flapping and disappear immediately.