Changes to Primordial Stones

Then why don’t you ask instead of jumping to a conclusion and then disregarding their pov?

I’ve not seen it articulated well yet, which is a shame since one of the few posters here that I respect a lot is a proponent of it. If I had to take a stab at it - its how the class feels with a bunch less stats which is important for some classes such as SP.

When are people gonna stop caring about PvP?

Such a worthless game mode and noone who engage with it should be taken seriously

1 Like

Its a question written as a statement. It’s written to intice a response.

Because it hasn’t been. Which is why I assume they’re following a streamer.

That I can understand. But again, 1 rings worth of secondary stats doesn’t make that much difference. Especially when it’s being replaced with a greater reward.

Having abit less haste when I’m Gearing up a character but getting more damage because of other abilities really isn’t a big issue. After all that is why these ring were implemented, for a little catch up for lower geared players.

But at the end of the day. People moan because it doesn’t compliment their BiS gear set they’ve worked so hard for on their Mains they have been playing for 3.5 months. So Blizzard takes note and just doesn’t add fun little 2 month long items/patches to the game in future.

The way I see it, it gives me something different to do from what I was doing last week. If that’s a bad thing, then I’m sorry for speaking up.

As I understand, those effects dont trigger when pets do damage or when you use a pet attack as BM. This makes this item kinda worthless for a BM Hunter.

I think the point a lot are trying to make here is that Blizzard clearly stated that this is a big selling point of the system, and they want it to be an upgrade for almost everyone, including high end raiders.

For someone like an Unholy Death Knight, who’s major damage source are their pets, will not find this ring attractive unless it has Haste on it, which their pets scale to.

The damage procs work, but they do nothing to enhance your character like other rings eith seconday stats do. This ring will make them play worse while the numbers go up, which isn’t a fun thing to experience.

It is fine if the goal is to give alts something powerful to get, but then do not advertise it as “it will be an upgrade for you, we will make sure of it” even if the overall play experience feels worse as a result.

1 Like

Because it is disappointing to collect all the recommended stones I could find and then after I did a simulation the 411 ilvl ring manages to still fall short of a plain 402 ring with just secondary stats.
So people are like “if you cannot make the ring be good with just effects, just put some freaking stats on it”

For almost all the season 1 I was stuck with the cobalt assembly dps ring being superior to all the other rings I got from drops so far.

Then Mr Ion goes and claims that the ring is supposed to be an upgrade for everyone except maybe for the mythic raid rings…

Edit: Now they started the burf/nerf carousel and thankfully I did not yet wasted any upgrade materials on any gemstones yet.

Billy

You dont get it because you’re kinda short in the cognitive department.

:joy::joy::joy:

Ofcourse, coming from the guy who’s short in the social interactions department.

Ill always be better off Billy.

Heres whats gonna happen bro

In a few months when this proves itself to be absolute garbage, ill re-sub to take an absolute dump on you, because, well, ill be right, because im right 99% of the time and you…youre Billy.

When did i wonder this Billy?
Can you point me to a specific post of mine or are you making things up like the non intelligent conversationalist that you are?

Fair response. But all you’ve done is highlight a Min/Maxer problem.

At the end of the day, if people stopped looking at their Sims under a Magnifying glass and actually looked at the larger, much wider picture, they will realise the ring has been put into the game for to add a little bit of Flavour to the end of the season.

Even if Ion claims that the ring is an upgrade for everyone, he’s talking to the wider general public. Not the Min/Max crowd.

Am I going to use this ring on my 2 2.5k io toons? Probably not. Am I going to use it on my alts that are gearing up, sure, if I end up going to Forbidden Reach on them.

Just like the Cobalt ring. I got it on my Mage at the start of the Expansion and then replaced it with higher ilvl items. Did I go back to farm Cobalt rep again on alts? No, because that’s not fun.

But I’ll tell you one thing for sure. This Onyx Annulet is probably not going to get replaced on my Evoker until next season. Which is precisely what they said right?

The Season is over for most people. This is just a little bit of flavour to add a bit of fun to the game in a part of the season which is usually at a Lul. Nothing more. Don’t expect too much.

You have realised my point.

If you actually stopped in your feeble attempts to troll me and actually tried to add to the discussion then maybe you might have an opinion worth considering.

Oh well. I’m bored of you. Enjoy your unsubbed time… and beyond cos you’re now ignored.

lol

don’t worry Billy, indie company hasn’t taken care of account wide blocks. I’ll just relog to another char and introduce myself.

See Billy…always better off.

Honestly I over this season I had gotten really tired of not being able to get a single ring that could outperform the Cobalt assembly ring. Almost every single higher ilvl ring that I got has ended up being a downgrade and the 2 great raid rings have a very low drop chance and an entire raid to compete with for them.

I had hoped that the ring that Ion had hyped so much would had been that little extra to help my guild smite down Heroic Raszageth (I have already killed her myself with a community raid).
So I was really disappointed to find that the oh so hyped up ring to not even be 0.1% better than a much lower ilvl ring.

Human satisfaction is largely formed up by one’s established expectations. The ring fell bellow these expectations and so many players are not amused.

If only the same ring was marketed as just “Fun new ring for catchup”, then people would be acting different. Of course this can be used as another case of why hype marketing is bad.

Edit: Also when they go through the effort of writing a backstory about this ring, it deserves to be something more impactful. When the special ring reserved for the best scalecommanders who never managed to even prove themselves worthy of the ring is something that we are to just toss in the bank and forget, then it is not a good show

Could we have an honest and transparent blue post explaining why this wasn’t addressed during testing?

Not enough staff/resources and who signed it off as suitable for release?

Because most of the people who develop large video games seem to have forgotten how it feels to play them.

Or that there is so much time lag between a problem being detected and the action that is to be taken that the action comes really late.
Unless it is something that is really fun and powerful. That gets “Fixed” within hours.

2 Likes

Bliz clearly haven’t played their own game for many years and its hard to disagree with anything else you’ve said.

I can’t believe im praying for Microsoft to take over.#

Maybe a green will pop in with another completely un-blinkered and unbiased insight, if we’re lucky.

I do not want to dash your hopes or anything, but this is not something exclusive to Blizzard.
Every big development studio is isolated in their ivory tower. At least in the Anglosphere.

1 Like

Some are better than others.

Baring in mind activision tried to hide and cover up their ceo leaving a death threat on an employee’s phone…im not too hopeful.

Pretty much the same of when mages where top dog and you could do a +20 without one of them?

Can we for god sake have few days of fun after 3 xpac of being nowhere near the top?

1 Like

Our guild’s resident Retribution main was always near the top or at the top