Character Transfer now going to take a total of 3 days?

The truth is laziness, general incompetence and lack of resources.

The obvious solution is to allow people to transfer 1-2 characters as high priority ones due to recent expansion release, and then place other characters in a queue that is as long as needed. I would gladly wait 7+ days for other characters, as long as I could avoid my MAIN being placed in the same queue as someone’s 12th alt.

Not to mention we actually pay monthly subscription for this game with additional ~50 euros every 2 years just to be able to log in. I actually paid for and played every single expansion including vanilla plus numerous sever and faction changes, so the robotic answer I got from Blizzard is indeed corporate and inhuman.

2 Likes

You missed a multi tiered transfer system is not fair.

The “I’m a loyal customer who pays” routine gets old very quickly and is an invalid point anyway.

If the system is set up to do 1,000 transfers per day and be efficient and we have 30,000 characters, not people, trying to use it of course it will slow down. I would bet 2-300 used to use it at most a day before this.

Remember it’s three realms transfers are active on, I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard shut down a few of them until the ruckus died down.

Which I got informed about the “time issue” before I decided to transfer. Its not fair to lock a character for that long without the knowledge about it in the first time. Its like receiving a ban

1 Like

Bureaucratic replies like yours get old very quickly. If the system is set up to do 1000 transfers per day, change it. What even lead to such inflation of characters on realms like Draenor and Kazzak? Why wasn’t it addressed earlier?

Transferring 12 of someone’s characters before someone else’s main is plain laziness. It’s like a kitchen working appetizers and main courses for 1-2 tables at once while everyone else waits up to 2 hours after ordering to get their food.

Your points are absolutely invalid.

hey , i used free transfer too and estimated time was 1 day and 8 hours , after that it was 2 hours now i see its 1 day 10 hours again ,its early game and im losing 3 days in game even when im buying game times , its not fair to lose my game time this like anyway its not important i wanna play and 3 days cooldown for a transfer service is a lot , if you cant handle that so dont make it free …

I would guess they weren’t expecting so many people to use it and the system can’t cope. People who transferred when the thread was first posted got there almost immediately. Now there’s a backlog and I guess the system is working its way through it as quickly as it can without breaking altogether.

It did say in the original post:

There’s nothing anyone can do until they work their way through. Trying to speed them up or cancel them will irreversibly break the character.

This is arbitrary and dumb on a level I haven’t seen before from Blizzard, nowehere is it clearly indicated either that there’s a queue, before you press ‘Transfer’.

This is bureaucratic non-sense that has 0 justification on Blizzards part. Stop shilling for them, they dgaf about you, it should still be unacceptable because its free.

There is, the linked post states that it takes time to complete and that the duration will be higher when more players use the service (indicating a queue).

The transfer button also includes a FAQ, which links to the paid service and has another article to the FCM, continuing to link to the original post announcement above.

Me and my girlfriend also transfered trough the free migration service. We’ve waited around 1 day + 8 hours. It started out saying 1 day 15 hours, now it says 19 hours. And ealier today it even said 12 hours.
Sadly, i dont think we can put much trust into these timers… its frustrating as hell…

Can everyone in this thread please post how long it took for you to transfer when complete. Would be great to know for future transfers aswell, cheers!

Mine is 27 hours in and still pending, hasn’t completed yet.

mine is 2 days and 19 hours. my reset is f***ed

Your character didn’t transfer after 67 hours of waiting??

no no, my character has a pending time of 2 days and 19 hours. the transfer was initiated yesterday and is still currently processing with the aforementioned waiting time.

Update, after 28 hours, 5 of 8 characters I initiated free transfers on moved from Draenor to Stormscale. It’s interesting that the last character I flagged for transfer actually got there in the 1st batch.

2 Likes

wierd im past 28 hours. please keep us updated when your last character arrives.

Sure thing. I will also update you guys when I get feedback from 4 more of my IRL friends who initiated this transfer together with me at the same time.

1 Like

Aight now two of mine arrived from Silvermoon to Magtheridon. Sadly the wrong two. Looks like something is finally happening!

1 Like

Well at least some of you can use the service I cant even transfer i am paying and it sais something went wrong to try again later or a different payment method :frowning:

2 of my friends reported that a portion of their characters has been transferred as well. For 1 of them both characters transferred, for other one 4 out of 7.

EDIT: All of my characters have been transferred. Thanks Blizzard finally.