Chat lag still not resolved! Whats going on!

As title says chat lag in Classic is still not fixed. This is going on for almost a week now. Impossible to to dungeons like this. 5 minute delays in chat. Most of the server Gehennas have the same problem, some dont. Please fix this asap!

3 Likes

So the last couple of days if not longer there have been major problems with the in game chat, massive delays and disconnects from the chat services mostly during “peak hours” but also at other times during the day while the battle.net chat mostly works without any major problems.

It’s impossible to communicate with players out in the world to create groups or just be social and talk to them.

And apart from the community part it affects the game in other ways very much as well, such as addons that reads and works with the combat log such as Threatmeter, DBM, and also addons that announce and distribute loot for guilds during raids.

As far as i know this lag is only on a few overpopulated servers such as Gehannas and Firemaw (might be on others as well).
This has been going on for days now and i havnt seen anything from Blizzard that the issue is beeing adressed.

Please fix. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Little fix ofc pls

2 Likes

Blizzard when is this issue going to be resolved? The game is impossible to play in dungeons! Fix this asap pls.

1 Like

Hey everyone.

We have received reports regarding this issue over the last few days and we are currently looking into it further.

Apologies for the annoyance this has caused.

2 Likes

That situation is unacceptable and has been going on for too long.

Do something Blizz plz.

2 Likes

Wow first blue post i have seen. Good finally !

2 Likes

Disable your honor tracking addons, some are bad coded and they are sending trillion of messages over the chat to synchronize honor data. You probably are throttled or silenced due to massive chat flooding.

i’m not using any of these addons.

Then you must probably wait for other players to stop using these addons, because the high amount of messages are affecting the servers.
Or wait for blizzard actions over these addons.

Any news yet Blizz on this topic? Problem is still affecting chat servers.

5 min delay now in chat…

U guys should be ashamed for taking so long to even put a message out towards the community.

Time to start refunding players, has been 7 days of a quite broken chat server now, making it impossible to do ALLOT of things on the regular way.

1 Like

Such a disappointment.

2 Likes

maybe we must waitin quit other players. chat can be good low pop. God sake blizzard!

its not just delay. about 60% of my whispers simlpy doesent get delivered at all during peak times. the rest are anywhere from instant to ~15 min delay.

Blizzard please look into the HonorSpy addon. People have been saying this is what is causing the delays.

This is from their official page on how it works

“occasionally, when you die, you broadcast your whole database to other users. It works other way around, so you get the most recent database from every other player when they die, and merge it into your database.”

That is a terrible idea and would explain a lot!

it effects Golemagg too :frowning:

Impossible to play on gehennas

Just came back to the game after a week. Playing on Mograine PVP. Couldn’t /w, /g, /s, /p. Thought I was muted, but now messages are popping up. I have a 5 to 10 minute delay on my chat messages.

Does anyone know if voicechat does work?