Feeling the pressure to level fast? (Mature players, minimum 35 age req. No raids for first 12 weeks of TBC)

Archelon is a new and unique TBC guild project for players age 35+ on Mirage Raceway PVE - Horde

We know there are lots of ‘original’ players returning for TBC classic who don’t have the time they used to have to play WoW due to work/family commitments, but still want to raid and clear content.

Although there are already late night/limited play time guilds around, Archelon is more than this as its whole ethos is designed around being a sanctuary for older wow players to play in peace and have an overall relaxed experience. If you are after a chilled experience, with no ganking / griefing / pressure to play non stop / keep up with younger players with oceans of time to play, then this is the guild for you.

We are specifically aimed at catering for players who want to clear all the TBC content in a focussed manner but don’t want to do it in a time pressured environment. We will aim to clear all TBC content but at our own pace through the course of the expansion.

If you are the kind of player that will log into TBC the day of launch, play without sleeping for 3 days to get to 70 and then feel frustrated we are not raiding Black Temple after a week, this is NOT the guild for you.

What we are

• We are aiming for players returning specifically for TBC. To this end, we are primarily a levelling guild at the moment, with the only aim being to be 60 by TBC launch (all done at your own pace).

• There will be NO raids in classic.

• We will have an initial period of 12 weeks from launch for people to level up and get their initial attunements done, so people have plenty of time to enjoy the levelling and gearing experience without feeling like they have to rush.

• There will be no pugging of raids before this time, we raid together as a guild, we are all about community.

• You can play whatever class and spec you like, we do not care about the meta game and will not be slaves to whatever min/max meta is created by the community for TBC classic

• This applies to professions too, take whichever ones you want

• Enchants will be required for raiding but consumables will only be required should we get stuck somewhere

• There were crazy meta game raiding requirements put on players by the community for classic wow which many found destroyed classic for them, only to then find that raids could essentially be cleared in green gear. We have no interest in the min/max meta and will clear it with whatever players we have in the guild at the time regardless of class/spec/profs etc. The player base is 100 times better than they were in 2007, everything is known and so the overall difficulty will be relatively low, especially for players coming from retail wow.

• Guild ethos is extremely important and we want to make sure that we have players that all have a similar kind of attitude, outlook and time to put into the game. This will mainly be older players with families, job commitments etc. For this reason, joining the guild will be on an application only basis with a limit of 40 players

• We are after a chilled, relaxed but organised experience with steady progress throughout the course of TBC classic.

• Through the age limit applied, we will make sure we have a mature and relaxed guild with no drama or bust ups, just a solid bunch of people playing together and having fun.

• We will raid twice a week, starting at 2200 server time until 0030 server time (2 hours 30 mins).

• All loot will be distributed via EPGP.

If you like the sound of this project, then please head over to our discord at: h*tps://discord.gg/GNycrDpKme and fill out our application form in as much detail as possible. As mentioned, places are limited and once we are full, we will only take new players on a one out, one in basis.

We look forward to hearing from you!

4 Likes

This sounds like an awesome idea. The kind of guild I have been looking for tbh.

Still recruiting all classes and specs!

Come and join us if the recruitment post speaks to you :slight_smile:

Still looking for more players!

Still spots open for all classes :). Please apply via the discord link. Nice community starting to form now.

Applied =)

down to the last 10 spots available. Still taking all classes.

Hi guys. I’m still not signed up with a guild, and find myself playing mostly Horde with a hunter and warrior. Your guild sounds like someting that would add exactly what I would be looking for if I were to sign up.

My age? 38.

Calaway (hunter) and Kurgar (warrior) in game.

still looking for a few more players, would prefer casters (mage, warlock) but taking all classes apart from shaman as we are full on those.

Nearly full, still a few spots open, no warlocks or shaman please, all other classes welcome :slight_smile:

We are now full, thanks for all you interest. Discord link is now defunct. Thanks again!

We have a few more spots open since our raid schedule didn’t suit some members. Apply via discord!

Sorry guys, closed again, just way more apps and people than we can handle. Thanks for all your interest! We will open again in future should we need to.

This sounds perfect, lemme know if you have any room to apply later on, for now I have started to lvl a new orc warlock from scratch on the same server just incase. :slight_smile: Cheers.

Hi there troneon,

If you are interested, please reply here and i can sort you out an invite to our discord.

hi, please see the above post.

Hi there. I have just returned in time for the BC launch and am looking for a relaxed, fun guild to play through the content with. You sound just the ticket but you may well be full by now. I have a 60 warrior, 21 mage, 18 hunter, all of whom I am planning on maxing at some point so I am flexible on main :slight_smile:

If you have any space left, I am keen to try out.

Thanks.

Sure, use this link: https://discord.gg/QnEPSbE5b2

Please msg on this thread once you have used it.

Thanks for that, I have just completed the application on Discord.