Chinese not allowed in European WOW

Why is Chinese fonts now allowed in european severs ? It is supported in every other region except the european ones. We can’t find any reason either.

Is it because people are scared to see chinese characters ? In that case, just make a new channel for them.

I know a lot of people living in Europe want to play the game in chinese version, but can’t do because of the language problem.

3 Likes

Well… We Europeans are generally very bad at reading and understanding Chinese, so it would be preferable to have dedicates servers for this language for players not comfortable using English.

13 Likes

you mean the npcs and stuff?

i can write in chinese in the chat at least quite fine

Well when you join a European server you should be type and speak the common and local language.

You can’t force 99% of Europeans to learn Chinese cause few ppl decide to join the European servers.

If i ever move to Asia to live there the first thing i will do is to learn the language.

13 Likes

The European servers do not even support Greek fonts on the chat box

7 Likes

As far as I know, China itself won’t allow any other language than Chinese for most games. Why would you expect European countries to be more tolerant in this matter then when the necessity for the language on EU isn’t really there in the first place? Doing China a favour for free isn’t exactly popular over here.

Anyways, there was a suggestion made some years ago that might help circumvent the server setting:

2 Likes

Which one?

1 Like

You know, the asian.

1 Like

Same as THE European, THE American, THE African and THE Australian language, man Havi educate yourself a bit…

1 Like

The one a certain Adolf spoke?

1 Like

Yeah, there are a lot of exchange students and workers from china in europe, who may play wow. A chinese client would be good for them. Anyway, it’d be nice, if blizzard incorporated deepL in the UI, which translates every message into your own language. This also helps us communicating with players speaking russian/chinese/spanish/etc. It’s kind of a nobrainer, and insanely easy to implement

1 Like

You trolling this morning Havi :smiley:

The Australian one not the Austrian one. Australia is country down south of the equator looks like a island but they say continent and Austria is in Europe. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes - that’s the joke.

There’s a thing in US apparently where they think Austria/Australia are the same thing. Just like how they raised the Swiss flag for celebrating something Spotify related - you know, the SWEDISH Company? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They work fine. I write Chinese in WoW all the time. Get a better font.

I would like to be able to set the client language though. It is very strange that the two are so tightly linked only in Europe.

You better talk Zulu and English as well.

How else can you play a Black, Asian, and White race?

I play Pandaren. No need :panda_face::innocent::rofl:

Got the English down though I think.

1 Like

That’s what I mean - they’re black, white and asian.

Oh dear, you’re right.

Well, I’m in a bit of a pickle here. Fortunately I am not aware of any pandas who speak Zulu so I should be alright.

Another nice thing about Pandaren is when you have a whole slew of people yelling at you for having quit feral because feral was totally my thing, I can just tell them that the Chinese word for panda is 大熊貓 - literally giant bear cat. Solves that problem!

1 Like

It’s the only African language I know about besides ‘‘Afrikaans’’…

EDIT: Okay, I know of Swahili.

Which isn’t African, it’s actually a modified form of Dutch.

Anyway, as for writing Chinese in WoW on EU servers it works fine. Just enable the IME in Windows and type away. It’s even got this beautiful integration over the chat box making the whole IME system look like a part is the UI instead of looking like Windows. It’s very nice.

EDIT: Swahili is an African language though. It and Zulu are the languages that inspired a lot of The Lion King, by the way, which is why it is the only Disney movie to ever be translated into Zulu. I don’t know why I’m mentioning this but it’s fun. Allows you to hear a bit of this language that isn’t very common in the internet.

The language is famous for the clicking sounds which can be heard in the intro, though most people don’t realise thinking it’s probably part of the sound effects.

Enjoy :stuck_out_tongue: