Class Tuning Incoming -- 1 March

300 rounds in solo shuffles and literally hasn’t seen a single hpriest beside myself. Once again not a single buff.
Most overlooked pvp spec ever, thanks blizz.

Did you forget about Mage?
Do you really think we are okay right now?
Every mage spec is riddled with bugs and gamebreaking nonsense…

Apply 03, fix! I just with you, it is probably a valid complaing.

Hi you! Is the spec fun, and it is hard in there? Do you like it still? Arenas, and what else.

To be fair, Prot Pala ST isn’t that great, but they got crazy burst pretty much on every pull with CDR on Wings/Sentinel + Divine Toll. But Blizzard is actually buffing a lot of ST abilities for Prot Pala by 30% (which they should).
It’s just hard to understand why the tank with the lowest dps on ST and AoE, gets a measly 3% buff, which like I said, doesn’t make any noticable difference.

But hey, at least I’m not a Guardian Druid main :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guardian still F tier garbage. Another wasted opportunity to show them some love.

Ok :blush: is it normal a 371 prot pala can do 36k overall damage at the end of a dungeon? If yes then I’m looking forward to be 415… maybe I can beat even an average DPS…

thats why cuz u know all imbaZ trickZZorZ and press right butt0nZ

I personally love the class fantasy of a pure healer. I dislike discipline playstyle, and I don’t have the time to get learn the other healers, which is the main reasons I play the spec.

With that being said, yes, I really like holy priest.

MC is one of my favorite spells to use.
There a quite a few builds you can do with hpriest, you cam actually be surprisingly offensive.
They also have some fun pvp talents that counters different popular stuff pretty well. For example I can use ascension each time a warrior uses Spear of Bastion.

For PVE it feels finr overall. Divine Hymn, which is a big raid CD is channeled, which can be annoying, but overall I really liked healing in raids.

I don’t do m+ so can’t really speak on thst one.

Generally speaking they need number tuning, and some tweaking on the talents in pvp. RN a disc priest can do everything a hpriest can, but better.
A few of our spells need a rework (like Lightwell), and additional effects added to them.
But we go oom quick, and dampening punishes throughput more than anything, and since we are a throughput healer, all the ms effects + dampening is very hard to deal with.

If you are going to raid, it’s a super easy spec to pick up. Popping the big healing CD’s and just watch the meters explode is awesome.

For pvp, I enjoy the variety of builds, but it feels bad being the objectively worst healer in the meta, and getting overlooked all the time. It feels like blizzard don’t know what direction they should go with the class. For example, in the next patch they buff Lightwells throughput. It will literally not change a thing, since the spell is so terrible to begin with, but now they can say they buffed hpriest. Woho.
Wouldn’t recommend it for those reasons.

1 Like

Thank you very for your advices! On me, I am elderly. Now I have a problem if there are too many spells and buttons to keep track, however the article on the heal and harm macro has helped me tremendous. Is it accepted and good enough quality if you do not pick the talents on the priest, that add buttons to the mixture? For the example, can you reach 1800 on the arena with fair comfort if you choose the most simple low button talent distribution?

I would say so.

I use the Lightweaver build, it is not a big healing loss if you make a castsequence macro with flash heal - heal - flash heal - heal.
That removes a button from your main rotation.

Keep renew on all at all times.
Use prayer of mending on cd.
Use pw: shield when targeted on cd.
Else heal with lightweaver macro, or serenity when needed.
Dispell CC

For cc you want chastise, roots, aoe fear and mc.

You’ll need as many cd’s as you can though.
Apotheosis, ray of hope, power infusion, leap of faith, void shift, guardian angel, and the turn into an angel one (can’t remember it’s name).

You will also need fade and feather. I think you can bind them into one if you like, but i’ll recommend a macro that casts feather beneath you and having fade for itself.

I just made it to 1800 in ss, and I very seldom have time to deal damage, so if keybinds are a problem I wouldn’t even care to bind those (except chastise for stun).
Pw: shield I use quite often, but it might be a mistake tbh, I think it’s just a bad habit of mine, you can scrap that keybind too if you like.

If you don’t use an mmo mouse, and dislike using shift+x then I would recommend:
E: Move forward
S: Strafe left
F: Strafe right.

Then these should all be fairly acceible with your left hand:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Q, W, A, D, R, T, G, V.

Then make target 1, 2 and 3 macros.
Target 1, roll mousewheel up, target 2, roll down and target self by pressing mousewheel.

You will still need a few keybinds, but stuff like apotheoises can just be pressed, doesn’t HAVE to be a keybind at all cost.

Sorry for the long post, just read your question again, and I can see that I got a little out of line.

To answer it shortly:
For hpriest to work you need all the cd’s the talent tree offers you to be slightly viable in pvp.
The basic healing rotation is very simple though, and if the goal is 1800, I legit think you can skip damage all together, good cooldown usage and positioning seems to be the most important part in the beginning.

Would’t recommend hpriest to anyone though. Sometimes I just wish that I had mained a resto druid. They are allmost allways good, if not S tier, then A tier, and they seem fun to play + have a lot of utillity in open world context.

1 Like

April Fools’ Day is next month lads…

I think what Deja meant is that if your DPS on your 415 DK is as low as a 371 paladin then the issue does not lie with the spec itself.

The BDK I run with is around the same ilvl and does overall between 45-53k depending on pull size and dungeon for example.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.