Class Tuning Incoming -- 7 December

Once again I think this is a huge oversight that Blood DK is getting nerfed because of frost/unholy performance. Will of the Necropolis has been a blood-exclusive talent since forever and it was never considered a problem, but suddenly right after it’s added to frost/unholy with the talent rework it needs to be nerfed by 50% for blood as well? Do you realize that there are a few blood DKs left who play RBGs, and these nerfs destroy the game for them?

:question:

Where are ww nerfs? That class plays next expansion compared to anything else ive played with.

Also lol at ppl in this topic wanting ret st buff…have you ever met a decent ret?

I like the mm buffs. I havent had trouble while questing, but at max lvl while doing some dungeons it really couldnt keep up that will with some other classes

I get the impression DH is not allowed to be good. They keep slowly nerfing it, there won’t be much left.

@Duzurix,

If you die to a lolret paladin as a priest, I think it’s time for you to uninstall the game. :joy:

1 Like

Ret is fine as it is tho. Just play better so u can too kill priests

When I read those changes, I get the feeling you just watched this Canadian mage stream like usual and used what he said to “balance”.

Dear devs, stop listen to him. He is biased like everybody else!

And WHERE are the big DH nerfs? You think when you reduce the hunt by 10% and a bit less procs from fodder for the flame its done? Reduce damage across the board by 25-30% in PvP and reduce fodder for the flame heal by 65% in PvP. Then you have some balance.

Where are the feral nerfs? The rot damage is too insane!

Yeah ww need nerfs. I was with one in dungeons doing 56k+ dps. My dots maybe done 2 ticks for 2k and mobs were dead. Iam playing the wrong class.

That’s a joke right ?

They’re in a different tier of absurd right now.

2 Likes

Like I said, if a priest is dying to a Ret in current PVP… Uninstall the game :smiley:

no… no joke… other classes are allowed to be OP for months on end as soon as a Havoc is decent their are screams and Blizzard react, has been that way since Nighthold in Legion.

If ret isn’t killing every class in a stun, uninstall, yes?

but u got nerfed while melee insta kills half dungeon

Pve. Didnt step into the pvp yet.
Pve ret st is strong.

Heyyyy where’s the buff for BM. :face_with_peeking_eye:

A bit? It’s literally garbage tier along with Frost, especially in PvP. Like it just does no sustained damage whatsoever and combustion is dispellable, so you have to lock the whole team down to get anything done. This is why mages always play with rogues in 2v2 as well - there is literally nothing else you can do.

Frost did sort-of have a chance to shine with huge crits from Glacial Spike, but that just got nerfed into the ground and now Frost Mages kill basically by spamming 16-20k Ice Lances. The chance of this actually killing anything is actually lower than the chance of the Frost mage player getting arthritis from hitting the button for so long - because even though the overall damage may seem quite competitive it’s simply not high enough to actually cause pressure, let alone force people to flee from the Frost Mage.

I can tell you, in all seriousness, that I’m hitting Ice Lance on Q so much when trying to play Frost PvP now that it actually physically hurts in my ring finger after a few hours and I need to take a break. It’s ridiculous. I mean there’s spam and then there’s this - this is crazy.

And meanwhile I made a 320k Arcane Barrage crit in a M+ dungeon yesterday while in 355 gear - so I can only imagine what it’s going to do in 410+ gear as is available in PvP. I’m going to find out later today.

I dunno about PVP tbh.

But for what I play, the spec feels fine. I could do with a little more Haste, but there are at least 2 or 3 viable play styles.

It just doesn’t do enough damage. Especially with Scorch and Fireball will make a noticeable difference.

But still out of Combustion damage could do with a flat increase.

That’s fair enough. And I agree about the talents, actually - one of the remarkable successes of this system is how many builds it actually allows you to play with. I’m sure the FotM is gonna be found in short order and I’m sure that, when it’s done, there’s only going to be one “viable” spec after all - but the fact that even top-end players are really having to think about this is a very good sign that it’s going to be balanced enough that casuals can actually just play what they like and do OK.

But Frost and Fire overall is just… bad. When I went from Frost to Arcane in M+ my damage doubled, and I’m terrible at Arcane and good at Frost - so it’s going to get even more severe when I play. Isn’t that crazy?

In PvP I also forgot to mention how many anti-caster mechanics exist in the game now. Many classes are literally running around with some sort of anti-caster juke available every 4 seconds - things like grip, ranged interrupt, immunity, teleporting to allies, teleporting to enemies, running extremely fast, stunning instantly from range, instant-CC’ing like the DH jail, or just massive defensive cooldowns that completely shut down the burst - and some even have literally permanent shield wall, just taking 30-50% reduced magic damage at all times. Many others passively run so fast that I can’t even cast a Frostbolt before they’ve moved from max range to close enough to interrupt me.

What am I supposed to do when fighting this sort of stuff? I mean at least in the pre-patch I could try to just nuke people from orbit with the Necrolord covenant, but I can’t do that anymore.

Nm isnt in trash-tier unlike mm)

so suffer again due to pvp that nobody does?