Companion pet Arfus-Just a suggestion!

There are not mechanics, just queque, attacks on the boss and done No skill required at all, you don’t even need to active the curses to get the pet. No need for more pets in the store.

5 Likes

Or they could just put it on the event vendor for event currency.

10 Likes

Why have the boss at all then? lets just pop the mount, sword and helm in the store too.

Thank you for your replies :slight_smile: Do I just grind the event dungeon then or do I only have once chance a day to get it from a loot filled pumpkin?

Once a day be sure to pick up the curses because this will give you bigger chance to drop it :smiley:

Each character can get the purple pumpkin once, with the first character of the day having the best chance of a rare reward from the pumpkin. They changed the way these holiday events work - there used to be an equal chance for each alt every day, but some players were burning themselves out playing their whole alt army through the dungeon. Some players were running 50 characters a day! To discourage this behaviour, they significantly increased the drop rate on the first character of the day. The idea is that players will realise that it makes sense to do the dungeon as many times as is fun, rather than as many times as is possible.

For the Halloween event, always play with the four curses - got the pet, manuscript and scarlet key this way.

Personally, I’m not a fan of being able to buy desirable items using either money or Tender (new introduction to the game where you fill the bar mostly just playing the game normally). I guess I’m a bit of a purist, but feel all rewards should come directly from in-game activities and that RNG is a basic part of WoW gameplay, so we shouldn’t expect to get items the first year of a holiday event. But I accept I may be in a minority with that opinion!

3 Likes

Which is what should have happened but…

Reasons.

No one except Blizzard knows what those reasons are and Blizzard doesn’t really know what those reasons are either but…

Reasons.

1 Like

People still do that, they still do it on 20+ alts… only blizzard can make a festive event or holiday and turn it into a frustrating RNG grindfest.

You gave a perfect description of the dtructure of the drop chance, which is great, but I differ with you on this:

• all rewards should come directly from in-game activities: Agreed
  • RNG is a basic part of WoW gameplay: Agreed
  • we shouldn’t expect to get items the first year of a holiday event: Er, NO.

I’m fine with RNG in unlimited-try content, like 1% drop rates on mounts from old raids. It took me nearly 300 kills for Ji-Kun, and that’s just the way the dice roll.

But drops in limited-try circumstances like this need to give people - even people with only one character - a better than even chance of getting the drop in one year. Especially a pet, if they really want to keep the mount premium.

Calendula, just queue for the dungeon, enter, accept the 4 curses from the big Wickerman on your left, hit the boss at least once, run arund avoiding the stuff on the floor, kill the copy of you that appears and slowly walks towards the boss, and everyone else will take care of business.

If you want, I can send one of my tanks to go with you into a few, to get you used to the process. Post again to let me know, and we can set up something.

Also, I love that you have actually taken nearly all of your pets into battle. If you want more pets, or help with levelling any or all of them, let me know - it’smy constant hobby in the game. :smiley:

2 Likes

No, that should not be in the cash shop. We have enough items there already

Stop with this weird hyper-consumerism. Just accept not having something. It’s not a big deal. There is no reason why everyone should get every item. It’s the same with mythic raid mounts: Why do people want it to drop in lfr?

Yes, this.
Make sure you only do it on a L60 or above (I think 60 is the lowest to get the loot bag he might be in) … make sure when you sign up, the picture of the reward is a purple bag.

I’m not sure I would take all 4 curses the first time as it’s quite hard to stay alive, though it is supposed to give you better luck with the drop.

Just do your best. I’m a similar player to you and am really not good at mechanics but most people are patient. We had a L40 tank this morning who was obviously learning and no-one complained at all when things went a bit wrong … we all helped.

I do it once a day on one character and I’ve only seen one person kicked and that was because they died and didn’t bother to ress.

Sometimes the fight goes really quickly and everything’s fine, sometimes it’s not but, as someone who doesn’t do dungeons or raids because I don’t think I’m good enough, I’m happy to do the HH fight.

Have a go and good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for your advice! In regards to pet battling yeah I really enjoy it! Unfortunately no one else seems to battle. When I was collecting traders tender I tried many times to earn through pet battles but no one seems to be doing them. I remember one of my wait times for a pvp pet battle was-get this-45 DAYS! That MUST have been a bug or something XD

To Saiyanpride Thank you for your reply but I don’t see the issue with wanting certain items especially pets and mounts being available to purchase. I’m an avid collector of pets and mounts, I have money and Blizzard wants and needs to make as much money as they can so why can’t I buy them? If one person is happy to buy pets and mounts rather than earn them then others must be happy to do so too.

1 Like

:rofl:

Yeah, the pet PvP queue is known to be … let’s call it “unreliable”. :stuck_out_tongue:

But 99.999% of people entering the queue are doing so with Level 25 pets, and so you won’t be matched against them. Waiting for someone to queue with Level 1s and 2s could truly be a loooooooooooooong wait!

(And when you do get a match with Level; 25s, you are likely to meet one of the sharks who has been damned to queue almost endlessly for the 5000 wins achievement.)

You can get your pets to higher levels more easily by matching against the Tamers, and there are other ways, like using Level 1s against BFA and Shadowlands World Quests, to earn Polished Pet Charm , with which you can buy Ultimate Battle-Training Stone, which boosts one pet instantly to Level 25.

If you do want to know more, or want a hand with anything, please do let me know. I am also available on both of the Pet Discords, where pet battlers and collectors congregate - and complain about pet drop rates! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a four-part guide here:

Why you all want this “ghost dog” so much? Its just a pet… Dont get it. What do you do with pets in this game anyway?

And ghost dog pet will reminds you of your dead dog pet in real life.

1 Like

There’s enough shiz’narasz on the store. Don’t need more stuff there, and I’d prefer it if we have more unique stuff in game.
Like Punyelf said, put it on the vendor and boom. Job done. We also need less RNG stuff during holiday events. It’s not fun, and even if they did improve the system with the 1st drop of the day nonsense, we now have 2 more things to get from the pumpkin. TWO. Buying them for treats just makes more sense logically.

2 Likes

i said it before and i’ll say it again, that’ll probably be on TP in upcoming months like the diablo mount . don’t stop farming because of me but that’s how i feel because it’s a very rare drop.

1 Like

Huge, HUGE doubt on this. I’ve yet to get anything on any toon more “valuable” than a squashling.

If anyone likes to say different they are more than welcome to try my account until the event is over. But delete any masks or broomsticks or squashlings please, I don’t want to spend another 12 months deleting the damn things.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I want him :heart:

2 Likes

Thats why i bought the rare fox pet from Legion (Shadow, i think it was called) - renamed it to my dog who i had to have euthanased that same night.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.