Congrats echo

It hopes to find other degenerates like it

1 Like

Mayhaps. The aura however still shows 45% for Mythic while showing 50% for Normal and HC.

I don’t even understand this kind of tribalism. I know both teams have a few fans like these people who trashtalk about the other team, but it’s just so sad.

Limit put up a very good fight, and without them Echo’s victory would be way less exciting. There’s no glory in winning if your opponent is not worthy. And Limit has been a worthy opponent, that’s for sure.

GG for both teams, this was one of the best race we ever saw.

1 Like

That is true, but cant know 100% for what this aura couldve been, still this sure gave plenty of memes and drama, so that was fun (not as much fun for echo though at that time). Blizz couldve also made Sylvanas have more hp, but slightly adjust when P1 ends, to keep timer same and fight end at 50%, but i guess they chose the 45% solution for whatever reason.

you are aware that they said the 13th of the july that HC and normal need 5% less. and changing a boss during prog is quite normal.

Sylvanas Windrunner Additional Hotfixes Incoming - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com) there you go. july 13th 5% less on HC and Normal.

That has nothing to do with the aura in question. And as i said before, 5% of 50% is 2.5%.

Actually the way its phrased it means a 5% nerf in total. It states that the total amount of damage that has to be dealt has been reduced by 5%. Not her actual health pool.

At least thats my take on it after reading it again. I was under impression it was phrased like previous nerfs.

“The total damage players must do to Sylvanas Windrunner has been reduced by approximately 5%”

That is not the same thing as 5% of total boss health whenever the fight doesn’t end at 0%.

Let’s say the boss has 100 total HP and the fight is supposed to end at 45%, which would be 45HP in this case, so the group would have to do 55 total damage to win the fight, and that 55 damage is 100% of the damage the group needs to do. If you reduce that 55 by 5%, you end up with 52.25, so the fight would end at 47.75%.

So for the patch note to be accurate, they had to have reduced the total boss health by 10%, assuming the fight was meant to end at 50%, which just makes more sense and looks better than 45%.

The 45% end point on mythic is most likely a decision they made later on. I’m not saying they did it during the fight race, but if the fight ends at 50% on normal and heroic, and taking that patch not into consideration, it’s most likely they just thought that mythic was too easy during internal testing to end at 50%, and pushed it to 45% to increase the difficulty, rather than the other way around.

I hope I didn’t mess up any of the maths. Messing up maths is one of the things I’m really good at.

No you didnt. However youre looking at it from a different angle.

In this case the following would apply: Sylvanas requires 100 (from a 200 max health. If we go with the 50/50 here) damage to be dealt for her to grant kill credit. This number is now nerfed by 5% and not her actual health. Resulting in you having to deal 95 health damage for her to grant kill credit. Thats how its calculated in this case. They didnt go with the fixed % health as before. A reason why they stated aprox rather than “has been reduced by X” like they usually do in nerfs.

I think that’s exactly what I said but worded differently.

If it was what you say it’s phrased it will say total health pool decreased by 5%. So if they meant that they would have said it like that.

No. If the total health was reduced then the actual nerf would be 2.5% percent.

The way the patch note itself is phrased means they had to reduce the total boss health by 10%, because the fight ends at 50%. Reducing the total health pool by 5% would reduce the required damage by 2.5%. Simply changing the end point of the fight from 45% to 50%, which is what you’re assuming from the note (I think), would reduce the required damage by 9.09%.

Whatever the case is, the patch note for normal/HC and the fact that mythic ends at 45% are very unlikely to be related at all, unless Blizzard is extremely bad at wording their patch notes, or actually doing what the patch note says.

I too assume they are unrelated. The only thing where we could have guessed that mythic ends at 45% is the Sylvanas Aura that we have access to. Whether one thinks 45% looks better than simply ending the fight at 50% is however up for debate (i dont like the number. Doesnt seem “right” to me. But thats me. 45 that is. 42 however i would have digged).

We can only guess what kind of shenanigans were going on internally, but I think it would be fair to assume that 50% was the original number. It’s generally considered a “nice” or “round” number and it’s what people would be most likely to jump at when designing the fight, not to mention that when working with the boss health 50% is a lot easier to work with than 45%.

Depends whether you work with the Flat % or the actual health number. It looks way cleaner tho that is true.

To be fair limit had 45.3% pull before Echo. I wouldn’t call that a big difference.

Its what i meant, since someone believed the 5% hotfix was related to this mythic only health change, but it would have to be ~10% nerf to make up the difference between 45 and 50. The 5% nerf was to the 50% you need to do, not her total 100% health.

Either way, its crazy they managed to beat her with 0 deaths, i dont remember any end boss that was done like this.

Just sharing my opinion on that topic.

I disagree.
Sure, I don’t watch it (and never will), but I can still have an opinion about it.