Creative Director hired by Blizzard

Yeah… I am not saying that.

If I need CONTINUITY instead of retcons, that means I want the story to live up to MY standards?

How would you feel if tomorrow we learned that Anduin has always been a furbolg and Varian never existed?

No explanation. Not a word of explanation.

1 Like

Warcraft’s story has plenty of continuity, it’s chronologically told and moves forward on a regular basis.
Not sure what you mean here. Maybe I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.

There have been some retcons over the years. They’re regrettable, but I personally don’t think they detract too much from the whole. They tend to be in regards to lore information, and in the rare cases where it’s actual story events, I don’t think the repercussions have ever been noticeable (Med’an for example. Outside of the comics there really isn’t any impact felt).

So yeah, don’t see the fuss outside of subjective appreciation or dislike of a story.

Let’s just leave it at that, I don’t really feel like listing everything again, because I tend to post about it quite a lot :wink:

1 Like

Fair enough. It’d probably get off-topic as well, so all good! :slight_smile:

Looks at new lore in BFA… Looks back at the quote.
Uh huh?

If you like Battle for Azeroth’s story, your standards for a good storyline are pathetically low.

1 Like

The only good thing about this is the fact that Cyberpunk 2077 is seemingly far more advanced in its development than I expected as otherwise he probably would not leave them.

There are many parts of the story. Considering I’ve heard you singing nothing but praises about the KT storyline.
Which I agree has been decent to the most line, same with the Zandalar storyline.

It is the faction conflict storyline which really drops the ball hard.

The Kul Tiran story is but a small fraction of Battle for Azeroth’s storyline, as it already ended in patch 8.0. The questing storylines have never been meaningful.

I am not denying that the story in this expansion has some redeeming qualities, but for the most part, it’s cringe-worthy fanfiction level, with the Kaldorei Dark Rangers as the absolute worst.

Did you see the questing storylines of Darkshore, Duskwood, Westfall, Redridge, Barrens, Desolace, Loch Modan, Wetlands, Arathi Highlands, etc. Having a meaningful impact of the overall storyline that was the fight of the mortal races against Deathwing? No, so stop being silly.

Half of those zones involve dealing with the Twilight Hammer. And there are plenty more relevant zones that introduce guys like Wrathion, Magatha, or that simply widened the story about the impact of the Cataclysm by expanding on how its aftermath affected several different races.

And we are excluding zones like Twilight Highlands or Hyjal, in which the levelling quests have a more notable impact and are more heavily tied to the story about Deathwing.

Even the zones that aren’t strictly Cataclysm related, had a heavy impact on the story. How many times has Gilneas and Silverpine been debated already?
Hillsbrad and Southshore? Stonetalon and Garrosh? Ashenvale?

How is any of that not meaningful?

1 Like

Because none of them had any impact in the ovearching storyline of the expansion.

They are QUESTING storylines, they are not supposed to have any relevance past the X.0 patch, but as usual you fail to grasp even the simplest of concepts.

Etc.

How does any of that NOT have impact beyond Cataclysm? It defined most of what happened afterwards.

But they didn’t have an impact in CATACLYSM, did you ever see the Gilnean conflict playing any role in Cataclysm after 4.0? Did it have any impact on the ovearching storyline of the expansion? No, It didn’t. And Wrathion’s storyline was added after launch, and as such they are but small parts of the expansion’s main storyline. I am being trolled again.

Don’t forget, Sylvanas basically suffered no consequences for her actions in Cata. Even her ‘death’ was turned around with a hand wave by the Val’kyr, though it was very funny.

Aye.

1 Like

Ok, another example:

She freed Fandral. Questing experience.

No, you are being argued against.
Because saying

Is something i consider wrong.

2 Likes

He might be going to overwatch. That game truly needs lore.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.