Cross-faction RPs these days

Do we still have an active community for these kind of RPs?

3 Likes

Unironically the largest cross-faction movement out there with the next probably award-winning campaign just around the corner :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Other than the PCU, there’s also still neutral RP in Booty Bay and Northrend Dalaran. There is some guild stationed in the neutral tavern in the latter… the Unbound Brotherhood if I recall correctly? Might’ve gotten the name wrong. Maybe old Uldum (you phase into it when you talk with the dragon in Ramkahen) has RP too. It used to earlier in 8.3.

2 Likes

we dont talk about that in these parts

12 Likes

Don’t tell me that Uldum has its own Goldshire now.

I think it’s more about the wild headcanon about sheikhs and so on being rampant in the area, rather than Uldum being a new Goldshire… I hope so, at least.

A lot of column A
A lot of column B

7 Likes

The grove in Desolace has cross-rp from time to time. May it be cenarion circle guilds, or tauren tribes on the move. Mh… what else that wasn’t mentioned yet… Well, the grove in Duskwood too probably. But I wouldn’t recommend going there as a Horde in the first place, to be honest.

It’s both in equal measures, the womanizer/manizer(if thats a word) of the Uldum caliphate apparently gets a free pass on operating a genderfluid/racefluid harem because he cobbles together market events on the Argent Archives and has had his members (who are basically a line up of RPers you’d mistake for Moonguard US immigrants) make cronenberg gif animations of themselves

9 Likes

These days, if you say you’re doing cross-faction RP, you get arrested and thrown in jail

More on topic though, I’ve always been curious as to why that guy doesn’t come up on the forums more. Their RP seems, uh, bizarre, to say the least.

1 Like

I’m used to it by now. :rofl:

1 Like

Just means he isn’t looking for attention unlike someone else who shall not be named.

makes you wonder how many other such folk are out there on the server.

3 Likes

I meant more why he isn’t mocked tbh, less about him not turning up himself. Going on his AA and events, I’d say he is a big fan of attention…

Imagine naming a headcanon currency after yourself

1 Like

And putting your face on it.

ugh don’t remind me any more i’m already cringing

1 Like

What? Okay… this is new to me. Didn’t know they have a headcanon currency too!

I’ve tried to leave my days of dunking on guilds/individuals behind me but that lot are just so weird and arrogant that I can’t help it.

But basically yeah, he’s invented a currency and named it after himself to show how important his character is.

The OP asked a genuine question, I’d say it’s best to stick to that as opposed to derailing about one particular RPer/community.

I remember pandaren meetings in Pandaria happening around WoD or Legion, when pandaren became the only race that could communicate cross faction. Not sure if they’re still a thing all these years later, think it was Shuang that organised them.

4 Likes

There are a lot of guilds and communities who are happy to do cross-faction cooperation, but the active community for cross-faction neutral RP (which is what I assume you’re referring to) is fairly small right now. The only examples I can think of are events like the Dalaran Mage’s fair, or the recent Tournament/festival in Icecrown.

There is plenty of it, specialy in Kalimdor. and not all of it is RP-PVP based! What kind of cross faction RP are you looking for?

1 Like