Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

This is a little bit offtopic (but it will bump the post so i’ll ask anyways :sweat_smile:)… what does «new players» status means on the server list? I see all other servers are low - medium - high - full, but doomhammer/turalyon is marked new players. I just want to know why, is it something special about that server that makes it good for new players? :woman_shrugging:t3: And why doesnt it say anything about population status?

1 Like

“New Players” servers were PvE low-med servers that didn’t have a horrendous imbalance in factions, so that a new player who joined either faction wouldn’t be ridiculously isolated, or mercilessly ganked all the way.

Now, of course, there are no PvP servers, so they’re just low-med servers that don’t have a horrendous imbalance in factions.

Blizzard moves the label around between qualifying servers every few months.

I was misled by it when I began. I assumed a “New Players” server might have different stuff on it, and that almost everybody who joined it would be a new player.

It’s one of the easiest things for a new player to get wrong, and it isn’t fixable without paying for a transfer. That’s an anomaly in a game where it’s otherwise near impossible to screw up your character in a way that spoils your game.

2 Likes

Quel’thalas and Azjol’nerub were marked as new player servers before Doomhammer and Turalyon and those servers had nothing special for new players just as Doomhammer and Turalyon don’t.

New players might funnel new players to that server but ultimately they’ll gain nothing as everything is cross realm these days (i hate it but that’s for another topic) so it doesn’t matter what server a new player starts on.

3 Likes

I would argue new players get mislead, guild wise and AH/economy wise those low-medium servers for new players will get them. Runetotem/Killrog/Nagrand only 29 pages of items and gear for max level. This includes lots of contracts etc. Everything is expensive, compared to Ravencrest I got stuff there for five times cheaper. Some 350 epic world BoEs are just 500g there! Sadly a DH can’t equip many weapons so only could buy all 1-handed axes and 1-handed swords BoE mogs for next to nothing.

2 Likes

From high to low - the only direction Blizz have ever offered free transfers.

I can only assume Blizz want to get rid of players on low pop servers, because at this rate many of them will just leave the game, rather than pay to migrate 1-10 alts to somewhere more hospitable.

Strange decision, you’d think they’d want to keep the subs, but /shrug…

4 Likes

I agree, nothing else needs to be said…

1 Like

I hope this blizzcon they say something because it will be the 2 year mark since the told us about the Brazillian trails and connections .Its getting worse per day but blue posts on these forums are now a thing of the past which is sad and shows utter contempt for the paying customer .

Bump for Vin to the top :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

My guess they will ignore it as hard as:

• The Q&A questions
  • Forum posts
  • Twitter messages

That came before it.
:confused:

2 Likes

when is blizzcon? is anyone here going to it? it might be worth asking them directly about low pop servers at as many Q&A stages that there will be. if someone here will have the chance to ask a question.

‘Medium’ US realm: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/saturday-11-20-a-m-medium-population-server/315482/13

1 Like

Good grief.

40-100 people online - including both factions - for a server is absolutely pitiful. Even at its worst, those kinds of numbers weren’t seen on SWTOR before its big server merge.

I always expect more than a hundred players online per faction in the dead of night playing on Argent Dawn, and even that seems eerie and quiet. It really must suck to play on any low pop server…

1 Like

These aren’t low pop according to Bliz 2 in the afternoon on a saturday and not even 100 of your own faction online! From which 36 are hunters in EoA. What is there to bot in that dungeon anyhow?

I don’t wanna know the stats of a low realm now if this goes as medium.

1 Like

it was suggested it was a great place for the number of trash, like getting the 250 kills for DMF. maybe they are doing something with shoulder enchants and lots of easy kills with a “easy” reset.

imo, medium pops are as good as low pop. and low pops are as good as dead. Ghostlands & Dragonblight are both listed as medium pop.

this is a LIE.

about 200 servers need something done to them. NOW.

2 Likes

To the top blizzcon is coming and this needs to be spoke about there !!!

3 Likes

It really needs to be done something about it soon.

3 Likes

My guess they’ll keep quiet it about it yet again.
I mean they don’t even seem to deem a response worthy on the forums, q&a and tweets. Why would they bother at Blizzcon where they need to spread a ‘positive’ message at all costs.

2 Likes

we can only hope but you have to keep trying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Indeed, I have a feeling only more and more people will join the movement with time!

2 Likes

It’s simple crossrealm isn’t an solution, unless you also make guilds crossrealm and the AH. But here are the problems:

1. AH is already laggy on high or full realms
  2. Crossrealm guilds will require /2 and /1 crossrealm and everything else, you won’t ever see you guidlies again. Not even in your capital
  3. Then just scrap all servers and make 1 mega server.
1 Like

100% agree

I myself am on Frostwhisper / Bladefist / Zenedar connected realms its been slowly dying for years.
From a raiding perspective, the better players have jumped to high pop realms because you just can’t recruit the type of player needed to help towards progression.
@blizzard need to either connect more realms together or lift the Mythic requirements for communities so you can raid Xrealm.
the cost of transferring these days is shocking, im sure back in the day it was like £8 to do that or something.
what it looks like is they’ve lost a s**t tonne of subs over the past 3-4 years so instead of trying to keep players and get new ones they just increased the cost of all services like that.
faction change and server transfer is well over £50, that’s a days wages for some people, its a joke!
If they said ’ hey we are going to make 5 super servers but it will take 2 - 3days to do so no game play during it, i’d say do it because it needs to be done.
It feels like all they care about is $$$$$ and high pop servers, its not a problem on those so we can just brush it under the carpet and forget the smaller realms!
Something needs to happen with regards to this and if there is a petition or whatever, i’ll sign it

Someone who goes to Blizzcon please shout out at them about low pop servers and see if they reply XD

2 Likes