Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

As someone who saw their OG server go from a healthy “medium” population to practically a ghost server they deffo need to fix the issues.
And no server connections didn’t do jack, just gave people more alt slots for a dead realm.

Dead realms ain’t nothing new, I recall Sporregar and ti’s whopping population of 19 players in Cata, wonder if it’s now a legit dead realm :thinking:

1 Like

the problem is they tried to band aid the problem whit communities, xrealm, and layering, but it aint the same, I have been in same guild since wrath, and I love it, but at same time, due to how things are on servers now, whit to many guilds, but not enough people, more and more migrate to high population servers for hope for better chances, and guilds on low or medium populated servers die out slow and steady, to the point even more people leave for bigger servers, becuse they run out of option, heck I am already leveling a new char on a high populated server to se how it, and then decide.
it would suck to leave everything behind, but Blizzard is indirectly forcing people to do so, becuse this problem has been going on for ages, and whit classic out the problem is becomming even greater, and not only will this lead to people leaving for bigger servers, but it also makes people quit whom might have to many alts to transfer, or just can not afford it.

severs needs to be merged or make guild recruitmen server wide instead, it is that simple, the tech is already there whit communities, but for some reason nothing seems to happen.

2 Likes

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill,

When the funds are low and the debts are high,

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit-

Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,

And many a fellow turns about

When he might have won had he stuck it out.

Don’t give up though the pace seems slow -

You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than

It seems to a faint and faltering man;

Often the struggler has given up

Whe he might have captured the victor’s cup;

And he learned too late when the night came down,

How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -

The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,

And you never can tell how close you are,

It might be near when it seems afar;

So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit -

It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.

3 Likes

Last year you could submit questions via the forums for the Blizzcon Q&A - obviously there’s no guarantee that they’d be picked and answered, but would definitely be worth putting in a question there about if there are any plans for server merges/connections. Maybe if we all add the same question they’ll be more likely to answer it…?

3 Likes

That question was upvoted over 300+ times on EU and silly numbers on US forum and still ignored .Maybe we should do as you said and all of us write the same question repeatedly .

1 Like

I honestly don’t know why is this still an issue. There are more dead realms than populated ones.
It is super hard recruiting new people, as everyone flocks to the most populated ones already.
I also had to leave my realm if I was to ever advance as a player because I simply could not on Aggramar, not enough players, hence not enough guilds.

1 Like

Really? That absolutely sucks! I’m actually going to be at Blizzcon, but last time I was there I didn’t even see the Q&A line so don’t want to promise I’ll line up to ask about dead servers as most likely I’ll end up lost in the toilets…

Really wish this issue wasn’t ignored. My realm went from Low to Medium in BfA, but players have dropped off the face of the earth. I can only assume that they’ve either changed the criteria for Low, Medium etc or the creation of allied race alts by people on the same server has artificially inflated the numbers. So more characters, but no more players.

2 Likes

Vintoleth, I think it’s time you change the approach.

Forget CM’s, their only power is to punish you. Why would you insist in talking to ppl who can only do that, but have no real power over anything that bothers you?

I’ve read the thread, seems the “proper way” of voting in a question on the subject to be asked at Blizzcon to the venerable game director gets the corporate silence treatment.

So, shock therapy is needed. Find Blizzard’s CEO on twitter, post bomb his feed with sad stories that you find in this thread and probably a similar one exists on the US side, add links to said stories and keep at it.
Maybe others join. You will probably get a corporate answer initially, how they are working on it, troubles, unforeseen issues, yadayada, pay no heed but keep at it. Try to find similarly minded people to do the same to increase exposure.

Find Activision CEO Twitter. Post there too. Corporate rivalry exists. Use it.
If you succeed in getting your msg across to this person and he is of the right calibre to go to his Blizzard peer and troll him on the grounds of “look players of my games don’t need to send you anything, what are you doing here bro???” the solution to your problem just might happen sooner.

Mindintercourse them.

2 Likes

Another day passes in silence :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Bump for Lightbringer

1 Like

After all this time i look at this thread and LOL. Because;

That’s me.

Well, OP, even you are one the most boring and grumpy whiner in this forum, why should i see you as an enemy? Apparently you are the one who thinks that way hence the warning before all else. And apparently i hit some nerve hence the warning before your wall of text. Nice projection lmao.

Anyway, let’s not change your thread.

The plot thickens :open_mouth:

1 Like

I thought they acknowledged there is an issue but they have no news to give.

2 Likes

Huge bump for Stormrage / Azuremyst EU. We were the only active horde guild this tier, but when classic was released we died aswell. No raiding at all on horde now. Let’s do something?

5 Likes

Yea, please blizzard, help ut out here.

2 Likes

How many servers are suffering now?

2 Likes

Many, many by the looks of things.

Both of my servers, Nordrassil for my Horde characters and Azuremyst for my Alliance seem to be very quiet/dead.

I’ve been on the lookout for a casual guild to move to on my Horde characters, my current one in my family and our alts, but I don’t seem to see any guilds recruiting.

I’d even settle for a FF14 type solution where you can move multiple characters, 8 last time I read up on it if I recall, from the same primary server to the same destination server for, I think, it’s about £12.

3 Likes

I don’t want to add up how much I’ve spent moving all my chars to two busy servers :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

It’s really awful numbers now even the servers that were full are going down to medium and high and each week another server hits the dreaded “low” and servers that were once full and had que’s like Turalyon is now for “new players” meaning its completely dead .

2 Likes

Rip Bronzebeard/Aerie Peak. blizzard pls u destroyed raiding. do something about it or loose even more players.

2 Likes