Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

They should honestly just merge all the servers by now (With a special toggle for RP realms)…

So annoying trying to give other players something only for them to be on the “wrong” server, or checking the ah for something only for it to be always empty due to dead realm.

2 Likes

I’m not sure it can cope with ALL realms together. At the start of the expansion servers like Silvermoon and Draenor did not cope well.

4 Likes

I’m mostly talking about how GW2 does it, where it doesn’t matter which server you pick when it comes to the AH and item transfer. With the way you are put into shards would still be prioritized after to say Guild > Server > Other Criteria.

With an exception for RP realms on the latter point where you should be allowed to opt out of sharing to remain on server dedicated shards.

1 Like

I think AD could swallow all other RPs and it would be fine still .
We need more connections .

1 Like

had to pay for a transfer yesterday, no guilds recruiting what I play, only a handful are still raiding there.
makes me sick to have had to give them more money to be able to play this game, connect more realms please for the love of god!

1 Like

Number 1 (7/8m), 3 (4/8m) and 5th guild (3/8m) on our server stopped. so it’s one 6/8m guild and two 3/8m guilds left. One of those and the only horde guild is us.

We have been constantly forced to fill our last 3-4 raid spots with rotating casuals which sadly only works up until ashvane.

The guild an community we have is amazing and I don’t want to lose this just for the sake of killing mythic bosses.

2 Likes

Lucky you, on our server it is like a half guild, on horde, doing Mythic raiding at the moment.
We need to cancel our raids because there is nothing to recruit from.

1 Like

In this Blizzcon Q & A panel:

Q: Not too many people on my server - will we ever see more realm connections?
A: Yes. We need to look at this. Cross realm grouping helps but it’s not an adequate answer for mythic raiding or a server economy. We’ll look into it.

Now lets hope it doesnt end up like that testing in the brazillian servers.

2 Likes

Doomhammer Turalyon has been on a gradual decline since the release of Cata where it was suffering on Horde side. It was medium pop in Wrath/Cata and then new players marked by Legion (low pop in MoP). Turalyon has been around since launch day too but has just become empty :frowning:

2 Likes

What do you mean?

1 Like

A few years ago, Blizzard said they were experimenting a new connection method for the realms on the Brazillian ones.
A few months later they said it was a sucess, so everyone expected to see some news regarding new connections of realms around the world.

We are waiting until this very day.

1 Like

like Zyipp said, more than 2 years ago, Ion said that their tests had been SUCCESSFUL, and they were going to start implementing them. however, in the last 2 years, NOTHING has been done.

after my 2 emails to CM’s in may~ (posted somewhere towards the start of this thread) i sent 2 more about a month ago. they have both been ignored. no blue has either looked at this thread with the intention of making it known to us that this subject is indeed being looked into. in fact, even the replys to my emails from the CM’s basically said “we dont want to confirm anything in case it doesn’t happen”.

if its such an important issue to you, why WOULD nothing happen?

and this basically ends the topic as far as im concerned. this reply from blizzard does NOT mean “we’re working on it”. it means “we know you keep asking about it, but we’re not going to do anything about it.”

ALSO, with the level squish (which i predict will be messed up somehow), it would appear right now, that the level boosts will no longer need to be a thing. of course, we have to wait and see how such a squish is received by players who normally buy boosts, BUT if this service is being removed permanently, this would be quite a large chunk of cash that will be lost going forwards. with that being the case, do you really think blizzard would risk their remaining cash cows? faction change and server change.

no, they would not. so why would they do anything to fix the problem.

like i said, i sadly think this crusade that i started almost exactly a year ago is over. because blizzard, and Ion are LIARS.

we are left with a sad choice therefore. either:

• quit playing,
  • accept we will be on a dead server forever,
  • or pay blizzard more money that they DONT deserve.

i would like to thank you guys for bumping the thread when it has started to vanish into the forums, and would like to thank the 79 players who have kept this thread going for 6 months. with 6K views, it is a shame that you viewers who did not contribute to increase the gravity of this situation beyond 230 replies just sat and looked on.

i still believe, that low/dead servers is one of the largest issues in the game, and am disheartened that more people haven’t help force this down blizzards throat.

This is the end of my crusade now. while i have opinions on a few aspects of the game, i have not put more effort and push into ANY other thing in this game ever. getting the original spreadsheet of 30K players on my server is proof alone. but i have failed. i am sorry to all the players on ghostlands/dragonblight that i have “annoyed” constantly repeating myself in the past trying to drum up traction, and to ALL players on low/dead servers i am sorry that, for whatever reason, i was unable to draw attention to this sufficiently enough to make this an issue that blizzard could NOT avoid.

one final dig. Taliesin & Evitel, specifically Taliesin, i am very disappointed that you flat out ignored me on your stream when i tried to get your help to bring a “big name” to our cause.

and no, that was not you. your inability to understand the difference between timegating and timesinks had long left my mind before you reminded me. so no, i dont consider you an enemy. in fact, i never even used the word enemy, that was someone else. i consider you nothing so i stopped wasting time on you in that thread which obviously affected YOU so much that you thought my original statement was directed specifically at you. i tried to educate you, but your post here and elsewhere show you really do live in your own little bubble. the world does not revolve around you.

1 Like

connecting all realms in to clusters of 10 to 15 would make a huge difference now, but seems nothing is happening at all, and more and more people just migrate to the already full realms, those realms gona be so fun when new expac hits, whit ques again.

3 Likes

As ever my opinion on this matter remains unchanged.

This is the easiest thing to resolve, ever, and it’s also one of the most damaging ones.

Big fat middle finger.

3 Likes

I get that there’s a million reasons why, but why not just move?
I wouldn’t wanna pay 25 euros to move my character either let alone 10 but the extent of blizzards effort to fix dead realms has been connecting two realms into a slightly less dead but still dead realm so doesn’t seem like a big priority for them.

no it is not a big priority for them. it is NO priority for them.

but why should we have to pay for blizzards errors? £19 for server transfer, or £27 for faction change PER TOON? there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of players who are on dead/low servers. i counted 30K characters on ghostlands/dragonblight ALONE! (although MANY are afk) It could be, that most of the 200~ servers listed as medium or low are in a very bad state, so are you saying that every toon should pay to move? or even just every main? do you realize how much FREE money that would give blizzard? cause most alts are there to “assist” mains (professions, currency etc), so the alts would ALSO need to move, or be totally abandoned.

for ghostlands/dragonblight ALONE that would be over half a million sterling they would make from all of us using server change only! not faction change.

while people are free to do whatever they want with their money, it does have consequences to the rest of us.

and also, even if all of us did decide to pay to move off the 200~ dead/low pop servers, where do you think we would all go? everyone would be heading for silvermoon/draenor and a few others. which would then destroy those servers with queues and lag.

this is blizzards problem, but they dont care about their playerbase, and players should accept that and act appropriately.

1 Like

The cost of transfering is no big lose for me. What is a lose is leaving my guild and the great people I’ve met over the years behind just for the sake of killing mythic bosses.

Bit late reply to you, it was possible for a few realms to balance out, it was pointed out in the connecting realm thread back then to the blue poster in that thread what servers would be balanced connected, and his reply was that they were not trying to balance servers…

so yes they could have balanced some, but did not even try to balance anything.

when i looked at the connections that was made back then, it seemed to me that blizzard actively tried to make horde heavy servers continue to be horde heavy and alliance heavy continue to be alliance heavy… maybe they were hoping for more xfer money?

1 Like

If it makes you to sleep well at night, yeah ok. But that was me lol.

Now you can return to your full time job which is bashing Blizzard 8/25 and filling forums with your grumpy whiny comments.

Well lets hope we hear some news soon as promised at BlizzCon

2 Likes