Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

Give us FCM like you have done for

classic
classic tbc
classic SoM

FROM DEAD TO FULL REALMS JUST LIKE ABOVE ^^!

3 Likes

Kind of ironic that classic did get free realm transfers tbh yet we get ignored :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

They literally couldn’t give a sh*t about retail players it seems…

1 Like

I originally started playing on Skullcrusher with my friend late Cataclysm / early MoP. Luckily I rerolled on a more active server shortly after without making a lot of progress.

Now having resubbed after I quit in Legion (and having played Classic since it launched up until TBC…) all the issues about sharding became very relatable. The fact there is even a problem about dead / inactive realms is appalling.

I don’t know why Blizzard doesn’t just make a few megaservers with faction balancing like ESO? Obviously on paper it seems easier than it is but if other games managed to do it, why can’t Blizzard?

I’m starting to get lonelier and lonelier on my journeys through Azeroth tbh and I’ve only resubbed three days ago (and I’m playing on the most active Horde and Alliance servers, Silvermoon and Draenor). Finding content to watch while playing does make it easier, but when most of the modern content available is literally doom talk about the future of the game it’s very offputting.

This is very concerning.

Make mega servers and remove sharding. I hope one day the “tech to support this” will become available. I hope it does before the game dries out.

2 Likes

like it’s not the open world that’s the problem with a lack of merging, it’s AH’s and guilds that suffer, no-one gives a sh*t about whether they see other people out in the open world, they can group finder stuff if they want to group, but the majority of content can be solo’d and doesn’t need it

So… Blizzard still doing nothing for these Forsaken realms?

I mean i play on a high pop realm since forever, but man i feel sad for all the people on their low pop / dead realms :disappointed:

6 Likes

Trying to recruit on Aggramar right now, I think I might go insane before finding new raiders, I promise people the server isn’t that bad other than being low pop :rofl:

2 Likes

My point was we wouldnt get news during the announcment but hopefully closer into 9.2.5 with all the system changes (cross faction and maybe cross realm trading in dungeons). Id love changes!. Was mentioned in a blue today they will be looking at how to solve small realm auction house problems so there is some hope :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Idk it’s not doing anything for me, they need to address the problem as lets be fair at least half their playerbase is spread among these dead/slowly dying realms and those that are dying but just don’t know it yet.

3 Likes

Hi I just started a thread in the general discussion area about the realm that I’m on and how its not balanced and the population is so low I have copied it all and will post it below:

Hi I currently play on Bronze DragonFlight and have done since around 2009 if not earlier and it use to be a high/full population but it is now low it is connected to Nordrassil and its is now a low level population.
I was trying to find any information on how many actual players these realms have and couldn’t find anything except statistics for Guilds and bosses they had fought on Bronze Dragon flight there is a total of 14 Guilds that raid 4 Horde and 10 Alliance and on Nordrassil they have 20 Guilds 7 Horde and 13 Alliance.

The statistic for these 2 Realms combined says they only have a total of 1582 players throughout all of those guilds 556 Horde and 1026 Alliance. These numbers are only for people that have done either

• has a level 60 character and killed something in Ny’alotha Heroic Mode
  • has a level 60 character in a guild that killed something in Ny’alotha Heroic Mode

If you look at the highest populated realm Dreanor it has a total of 907 Guilds 897 Horde and 10 Alliance Guilds they have a population that has meet the requirements from above of 25246 players 25091 Horde and 155 Alliance

So my question is why can’t Blizzard combine more Realms together to give a more balanced number of players going from the websites I will link below there are numerous Realms that they could connect together and balance the population and increase low population Realms the one example I can give would be to connect Nordrassil/Bronze DragonFlight with Chamber of Aspects.

So it doesn’t allow you to add links but the 2 Websites I used for this information are
Wow analytica. com and Wow progress. com/realms

2 Likes

Hi, I can add only one thing. That I think should be taken into account. Wod and cata both created there own idea of a starting point. Pvp, achievements etc… Then Pandaria covered it up. My account shows everything since and what was missing prior to 2015 after having taken a break directly from beta transfer. I also have testimonies from relationships from in game contacts to prove inputs worth. Some are also external of game. I think it really depends on those that interact with shared spaces and if they were ever taught to be respectful of them without their characters getting in the way of the data. I have also ensured that my character, regardless of how many times I have been ill advised to redo tasks, reflects exactly when the presence of information was adjusted. :slight_smile: Some cross referenced things just get, how shall I type. Lost in processing…please wait.

Consolidations will be required. This is not the first time this has been mentioned Vintoleth. I acknowledged it in my return in 2015 and it still stands. I do not know this user :slight_smile: the OP and this post was created 4 years after I first raised the question myself. I do see those involved, unable to be located on a specific server, untracked to the general public… while this account is written on this date. Smacks of private server elitism. Particular natured bubbles. that I do not agree with or the face that it chose to express to me. Check Data. Zero in on dark pheonix.

Blizzard would not have acknowledge that acquisition if particular connections had no scale.
Waters. That of appreciation and subsequent retail, depravation. This voice is a passport, Verify.

what is Fargo blabbering on about?

4 Likes

Providing instruction, while others access my account. While ‘suspended’. In-turn also enabling other watchers to watch. :upside_down_face:

instruction on what? it just looks like mad ramblings and nothing to do with the issue of dead servers

3 Likes

Movements of populations.

Don’t play on Ghost Town Servers, and do what your Brain Minority People would do. Move to the higher Pop Ones.

Fixed.

1 Like

“FiXeD!”
We are not here talking about starting new mains nor whether or not that is manageable. We want our old mains to be on good servers. And of course, we are not willing to buy something for so much money. Blizzard should realize we are not cows to milk.
And as for you, if you have nothing to contribute to this conversation and are just trying to sound witty and belittle something that is ruining the experience of others, just… get outta here. It is not working.

7 Likes

Ghost town servers are what the other servers thrive on. They are to be respected. I liked both comments for one reason. Enabled me to be forthright. I very rarely do that. All taken together.

and have you seen how bad the lag is on eso server ?megaserver is not the solution.
on a sidenote they should just close dead servers or merge them with medium population servers .

2 Likes