Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

All hail Vintoleth!!!

2 Likes

Very happy to hear the news. I sincerely hope my home realm of Earthen Ring/Darkmoon Faire will be among the realms that gets merged.

1 Like

There it is boys! Love you Bluzzard :grinning:

1 Like

This is actually it. My guild is talking about a server transfer away from a dead realm (which shows as medium on the serverbrowser) to one of the three largest ones in our region.

A friends guild just recently did the same.

At the beginning of BFA, Aversion was still on our realm. Ever since they left (because the AH couldn’t support world 10 raiding), 4 guilds followed.

It’s just, the longer Blizzard does NOT work to fix that problem, the more money they earn. It’d be stupid to actually even attempt to fix it. At least from a business perspective. And let’s be real, Blizzard doesn’t care anymore about what’s right or wrong, what’s good or bad, they care about what earns the most money.

3 Likes

erm…

Didnt you read the news?
They arent attempting to fix it, they are fixxing it in the next 2 months!

2 Likes

Are they? I’ve read about

That isn’t fixing the issue. That’s fixing 17 out of 71 dead servers (if we only look at EU english for easier numbers).

Medium servers are dead. Low servers are dead. New Player servers have always been dead.

Unless we get more information about the entire thing, and most importantly a statement about servers that aren’t “low population” in the server browser, I’ll stick to my previous statement of it not being in Blizzards interest to fix the issue.

Also there’d be the entire thing of simply mashing together all the low pop servers and calling it a fix, when in reality it would change little to nothing. Low pop servers would need to get merged with much largers servers for them to fix anything.

2 Likes

I consider myself a realistic person, i dont expect them to connect realms in a way that after its done, only high pop realms remain.
I find it reasonable to expect that for example, were i am, that is a 3 way connected low pop will be connected with a medium pop realm.

But i can be wrong and they surprise me by doing bigger connections.

2 Likes

That’s precisely what I’m expecitng as well. And that’s what I’m expecting to be a bandaid on a gushing wound at best. It’ll look like they attempted to fix the issue, but in reality it changes little to nothing.

Of course having only high pop realms remaining isn’t for everyone, but having at least roughly 10 guilds clearing mythic each content on each connected realm isn’t too much to ask for, or is it?

1 Like

Well, let’s see if this also means in two years we’re back at square one.
At least I hope when that happens it doesn’t take another 7 years.

2 Likes

If you ask me, for future reference, any realm that drops to low pop, should be connected in 1 or 2 weeks tops, almost like a “auto mechanism”.
No low population realm should be allowed, its detrimental to the game.

Anyway, some medium pop realms are almost as low, so…

1 Like

Yup, while my server isn’t dead… you can already feel all the downsides about a lesser populated server. So they better have medium servers in mind as well.

Also, it doesn’t help that for some reason most of my shards are filled with players from the Italian server (Poz one). Wish they spread them out a bit more.

1 Like

sadly, i agree. i wont say any more on the issue now, but i will wait and see what actually happens. its part of my industry and my outlook on life in general to be overly cautious more often than not. if its true, then well done blizz, though as many have said, you were far too slow (in the process possibly losing 10’s or even 100’s of thousands of players) and the communication was non existent.

thank yous :smiley: and thank all of you for keeping this thread going too!

i would suggest keeping the thread open though if possible, cause if the fixes are not what we were looking for, when the start in 2-3 months, this thread would have been auto closed. :stuck_out_tongue: maybe any updates, and links for which servers have been connected etc.

and selfishly, blizz missed a chance to post here with that news :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just wanted to say that as soon as they announced server connections Stormrage/Azuremyst got marked from Low to Medium. Coincidence?

Does that mean dead Stormrage/Azure no longed classify for connection? heh.

I wish they announced a full list of realm they want to connect so we can transfer off dead servers for Shadowlands.

1 Like

Medium shouldn’t be the standard for merges don’t worry.

Dunno about the overall EU situation but I’m fairly sure there are high pop FR servers linked with other servers which made me believe that the goal was to reach something similar to a full pop server.

If you end up transfering from a dead realm after they finally do something about dead realms then they failed their stated goals pretty hard

Let’s hope it never reach that point.

2 Likes

@Deed: The size listings are not completely static as part of them is activity related and they are also relative to other realms, so there are some realms that change size fairly often, a few even several times a day. :smiley:

2 Likes

Pretty much all servers WM on I guess.

1 Like

has there been any info on how the merges have gone since their “rocky” start…

No clue, can’t say I have kept up with it.
Edit: went to check the last connection that should have happened: Kilrogg/Hellfire seems even that one failed and they haven’t got a connection yet. Source

1 Like

i’ve not heard anything, what have you heard? xD

but seriously, any news? im classic now, not retail so not sure how things are like currently.

Well, if you’re lucky you won’t be merged with polish or portuguese realms.