Dead servers MEGATHREAD - Ghostlands/Dragonblights plea to Blizzard

You are supposed to be able to :thinking:

I honestly didn’t try again since then. Rather playing on my own and if anything trade with people on the same realm from my fl. Might have been some temporary issue then. It just seemed weird to me.

Unless it’s a BoE thing, raid items can be traded cross realm anyway. Could it have been the ilvl restriction? If the person has a lower item level in that slot they can’t trade it.

2 Likes

Yes, we found out about that restriction afterwards. Which is pretty meh if you’re on an equip run for somebody’s twink and you really don’t need the item.

2 Likes

Since they are desperately trying to appease the player base.

Here’s an idea Blizzard: Manage your servers better.

Oh, and someone else will have to bump this issue. I’ll be gone in 7 days.

6 Likes

That’s a good point, they could finish off the connections they made a start on last time. Make more realms feel populated again.

6 Likes

Another request here from LB/Maz. The server is slowly dying more and more, to a point that soon connecting it to other realms would not be a solution anymore.

On our realm Alliance Mythic raiding is non-existent. Guild are even struggling to get 15+ raiders together for Heroic. I am stuck on a realm that no longer has the players to collectively face the ingame endgame experience that WoW is apparently build around. “Mythic raiding.”

I hope in this time of QoL changes they are making their eye lands on this thread and we get a merger with a bigger realm. Or if that fails a limited time to transfer our characters off of the realms onto another of our choosing.

6 Likes

Its really sad that they just leave the low pop servers to die. Make new connections or give free transfers would be nice.

1 Like

Just to add my two-penneth … as Blizzard appear to be in a “giving” mood at the moment. I realise that a lot of the stuff they’re bunging into the next patch is fairly “easy” for them, but honestly, enabling us to play WoW as it’s meant to be played, with all the various options available to us, without having to pay to move to another realm, especially when you’re attached to a guild that has been on the go as long as ours, would be a major QoL improvement. I’d like to say for a huge amount of people … but perhaps that’s the thing. Perhaps Blizzard has looked at it and decided that, in the grand scheme of things, those people left on these very low pop realms, are only a small proportion of players, so they don’t have a big enough voice to matter. And the longer they leave it, the smaller the numbers affected.

@varraste is correct - our realm has essentially given up on even trying Mythic raiding. There is one guild that has just managed to scrape enough up and, as far as I’m aware, it’s the biggest guild on the realm, irrespective of faction. We’re third active, according to https://www.wowrealmpopulation.com/wow-eu-realm.php?realm=lightbringer … although obviously that’s based on number of active characters, and a lot of us have several alts … and we’re doing what I’d class as “okay” … but we do struggle with specific roles sometimes for raids and even for M+, and we’re just a casual flex raiding guild.

Essentially new members are virtually all either returning members or people who come from off-realm, but I’m brutally honest about the realm population. I’m trying to do my bit to bring people in, but they’re people who want to do what our guild does - which effectively means we’re in our own little guild bubble. The only thing that affects our members is the fact that they see very few people from our realm when they’re out questing, the AH is silly, and if they ever want to get into Mythic raiding, they’re going to have to transfer off realm. We’ve literally just lost an officer and his wife, who had both been with the guild for years, and even live streamed their wedding for us, because she could no longer cope with our AH and he wanted to Mythic raid. Sure … they still have some alts with us, but I don’t expect them to continue to be active much longer.

2 Likes

On LB, the most progressed guild on the server last tier was Illustrious. From those 23 players, only a handful remain. Some stopped during the drought of 9.0; 3 left because they could not reconcile with Blizz troubles. Then the officer team decided to stop. Some stopped playing all together, others transfered away to other guilds. From the raiders, the only active player left in the guild are me and maybe two others.

And that was your most progressive guild on the server. It is just a sad situation and I feel abandoned as a player.

As someone said as a response on Reddit, you pay full price for less than half of the experience. (If that…)

2 Likes

They should resume the realm conections asap but being more ambitious.

I know its a complex task but they should aim for someting like, exclude the top 10 most populated realms from the connections and find a way to connected all others so that in the end, not 1 low population realm remains.

2 Likes

Didnt know there was other people on Aggramar. Its such a ghosttown, ah is like 1 page long, and its already connected. Like bring in more realms. Its so crazy how they neglect this problem for like 4 or 5 years now. They came up with the connect realms thing which was a perfect solution and then just stopped. Dont stop, keep linking it up.

2 Likes

There’s actual raid guilds there ;p I’ve got the unfortunate task of trying to recruit people to the server, people usually flee when they hear the server name

1 Like

still like 1 or 2? ye i can imagine. Even in Legion it was hard to get 20 people.

1 Like

Unfortunately the PTR has no mention of saving lower pop realms. I would again like to ask for attention to this issue.

2 Likes

We can live in hope that they notice that we need more connections.

3 Likes

how could they not notice? yet they do nothing which is the sad part.

3 Likes

Easy, on LB-Maz alliance side, is pretty active and we’ve just started raiding mythic - https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/connected-lightbringer. We just don’t rank high on that activity site because we are a small guild, always have been.

But yes, Lightbringer-Mazrigos desperately needs connecting. To something, anything. We’re only managing because of a core raid team. Recruitment is pretty much non-existant now.

3 Likes

Glad i’m not alone in struggling there, it’s seen as a victory moment when we do get a new recruit in here ;p

3 Likes

They should end all servers on retail and create new ones that way faction balance could be fixed on servers as well

2 Likes